Schoolhouse Rocked: Bobby Jindal Brings Real Education Reform To Louisiana...

Teacher Unions/Democrats forgot about the kids somewhere along the line. It became all about them and their greed & politics. The kids got left behind. So kudos to Governor Jindal for changing the status quo. It was long long overdue.

I agree with these reforms and am interested in seeing the results further down the road, however, while I fully support teacher accountability, that's an area where we can't go overboard. Even the best teacher can fail to educate a child if neither he nor his parents give a damn about his education in the first place and quite frankly, it's the lack of parental involvement that is the number one cause of our public school system being so shitty, in my opinion.

I agree with these reforms and am interested in seeing the results further down the road, however, while I fully support teacher accountability, that's an area where we can't go overboard. Even the best teacher can fail to educate a child if neither he nor his parents give a damn about his education in the first place and quite frankly, it's the lack of parental involvement that is the number one cause of our public school system being so shitty, in my opinion.

You make a very good point. Thanks.

Forum List

Back