School walk outs wrong idea!

Here we now have school walk outs as a way of protesting. I think this is the wrong forum for such a thing. Here we are at the end of the school year that when I was in school was the time when the hardest material and finals were coming. This was not the time to miss class when I was in school, it would hurt you acedemically badly!!!!!!! Here we are already not performing on tests like students in other coun tries and now we have decided this is a good place to make a political statement. Adult life and politics will start soon enough. School should be these kids main focus not abortion rights or gun rights. Get ready for finals and prepare for adulthood instead! We nedd to quit taking our eye off the prize!
Kids will come up with any excuse to get out of class. They had their opportunity to protest and walk out--twice. They can continue agitating for change in their after hours life. Schools need to tell them no more. They can coordinate during Spring Break and go crazy all summer but having another walk out will be old news and not seen with the same sympathy that the protests in March were.

I'm not real sure they were asking permission. More likely they were just being courteous by telling the school what they were going to do.

Here we now have school walk outs as a way of protesting. I think this is the wrong forum for such a thing. Here we are at the end of the school year that when I was in school was the time when the hardest material and finals were coming. This was not the time to miss class when I was in school, it would hurt you acedemically badly!!!!!!! Here we are already not performing on tests like students in other coun tries and now we have decided this is a good place to make a political statement. Adult life and politics will start soon enough. School should be these kids main focus not abortion rights or gun rights. Get ready for finals and prepare for adulthood instead! We nedd to quit taking our eye off the prize!
Kids will come up with any excuse to get out of class. They had their opportunity to protest and walk out--twice. They can continue agitating for change in their after hours life. Schools need to tell them no more. They can coordinate during Spring Break and go crazy all summer but having another walk out will be old news and not seen with the same sympathy that the protests in March were.
I bet you are a teacher aren't you! Every thing I said above was true and there are lessons that if you miss it will cost you forever!

If a couple of hours of missed instruction causes that kind of lasting problem, the teacher sucks. You don't think EVERYTHINGl is repeated several times for the ones that don't get it right off the bat?

According to standardized tests those students way out performed against other countries compared to students today. We have more perfect scores on SAT ACT than we did back then but over all todays students are not performing as well as back then. My lady freind was tellling me that out of her first semester freshman english 101 course that had 72 students in it, only one could write at a college level. That is fucking sad! I do not see it like she does, I deal with engineering students, they tend to be the cream of the crop as far a students go! Those poor soles teacking the 101 classes see it big time though and they say it gets worse every year.

Yet they were still called America hating communists.
Ya, there would be no protest if there was not a side that disagreed right?
The other side is evil not wrong or misguided, have they not told you this yet. Even kids are evil for having a diference of opinion now adays. Isn't propaganda wonderfull, it turns your neighbor into your enemy! I must be most evil of all some times I change my mind on issues which means I am traitor and seditous to both sides at times!

Sober up, and try again later.
As far as sober up and try again I have a few programs sitting around here I could put some formula errors and you can try and debug it if you like! Tell me how many hours you spend finding it. I promise it will be a boat load of fun! Give me your email adress I can supply you with endless amounts of this fun if you like!

Depends on the language, and how much you pay. I started out punching Fortran on a Hollerith machine, but I've managed to get by with a few others since then.
pay mother fucker? pay shit go fuck your self! If you are programer you know what these errors cost you and the time it costs you. The money it costs your company! Yet you give me this sober up bull shit? Pay, I already wrote them and they are right! I do not pay to teach. If you took fortran you likely wrote the same programs I did. I sure as hell remember the time I spent debugging in that class. Go bite your self! Prove your point, I ll give you an all vba program, maybe I used some fortran in it but mostley vba that will supply a couple hundred hours of debugging. That is if you understand the concept. Now lets give you a formula that you do not understand the concept, how the fuck are you identifying the problem then buddy? You can be looking at the right line and not recognize because you think your formula is right. How do you identify it if you do not understand the concept?

Yet they were still called America hating communists.
Ya, there would be no protest if there was not a side that disagreed right?
The other side is evil not wrong or misguided, have they not told you this yet. Even kids are evil for having a diference of opinion now adays. Isn't propaganda wonderfull, it turns your neighbor into your enemy! I must be most evil of all some times I change my mind on issues which means I am traitor and seditous to both sides at times!

Sober up, and try again later.
As far as sober up and try again I have a few programs sitting around here I could put some formula errors and you can try and debug it if you like! Tell me how many hours you spend finding it. I promise it will be a boat load of fun! Give me your email adress I can supply you with endless amounts of this fun if you like!

Depends on the language, and how much you pay. I started out punching Fortran on a Hollerith machine, but I've managed to get by with a few others since then.
pay mother fucker? pay shit go fuck your self! If you are programer you know what these errors cost you and the time it costs you. The money it costs your company! Yet you give me this sober up bull shit? Pay, I already wrote them and they are right! I do not pay to teach. If you took fortran you likely wrote the same programs I did. I sure as hell remember the time I spent debugging in that class. Go bite your self! Prove your point, I ll give you an all vba program, maybe I used some fortran in it but mostley vba that will supply a couple hundred hours of debugging. That is if you understand the concept. Now lets give you a formula that you do not understand the concept, how the fuck are you identifying the problem then buddy? You can be looking at the right line and not recognize because you think your formula is right. How do you identify it if you do not understand the concept?

Excel VBA? You wrote it, and it is right, but you need someone to come behind you and correct all that "right" coding so it will work. Second thought, I don't think you have enough money. Try this
upload_2018-4-9_14-1-47.jpeg

I bet you are a teacher aren't you! Every thing I said above was true and there are lessons that if you miss it will cost you forever!
I am a teacher, but I don't agree it will be the end of the students' academic career if they walk out. Teachers aren't going to teach to an empty room--they'll get the material covered when the kids come back. That isn't the problem. I see the problem as pushing it too far.

I'm not real sure they were asking permission. More likely they were just being courteous by telling the school what they were going to do.
The school can still say No, even if they were "told" politely.

School walkouts aren't new. Young people have forced some pretty big changes in our country. Young people forced the end to the Vietnam war.

Student Walkouts Have Changed American History Before. Here's How

TIME reached out to people who participated in three of the 20th century’s biggest school walkouts. John Stokes, 86, a retired principal in the Baltimore City Public Schools, was a 19-year-old student at R.R. Moton High School in Farmville, Va., when he helped organize a walkout in which students marched to the local courthouse on April 23, 1951. Janice W. Kelsey, 70, a retired elementary school principal, was 16 when she spent four days in jail for taking part in the Birmingham, Ala., Children’s Crusade on May 2, 1963. Paula Crisostomo, a retired college administrator, and Luis Torres, a former journalist, both 67, were two of the more than 10,000 students who walked out of five Los Angeles high schools in March of 1968 in what was known as the East L.A. school walkouts or “blowouts

I get it, but they were good students back then and did what it took to take care of academia. Todays kids do not take care of acadamia our test scores suck! They need to graduate high school before political activism. I am pretty sure those kids back then got in trouble for missing class, these are school sponsored. I still think we and they would be better off in class at this point in the long run! Protest after school not during! I guess I was brought up that protests and those type of things were to be done on my time not the schools or my bosses!
One hour makes little difference

I remember a walkout in my school and schools across the nation in the early 70s

Don’t remember the class.....but I remember the walkout
Earth Day? I was suspended for the only time in my school career on that day and we had a big walk out. First Earth Day. Everyone who participated had to spend Saturday picking up trash in the town park. I was all gung ho for participating, but I didn't know shit about what Earth Day was about. Nada. Zilch. It was just a way to say fuck you to the school.

I guess the school can say anything they want. Didn't make much difference what they said when I was in school. Don't think it would make much difference now.

I guess the school can say anything they want. Didn't make much difference what they said when I was in school. Don't think it would make much difference now.
You're right, of course. I hope they think better of it, though.

School walkouts aren't new. Young people have forced some pretty big changes in our country. Young people forced the end to the Vietnam war.

TIME reached out to people who participated in three of the 20th century’s biggest school walkouts. John Stokes, 86, a retired principal in the Baltimore City Public Schools, was a 19-year-old student at R.R. Moton High School in Farmville, Va., when he helped organize a walkout in which students marched to the local courthouse on April 23, 1951. Janice W. Kelsey, 70, a retired elementary school principal, was 16 when she spent four days in jail for taking part in the Birmingham, Ala., Children’s Crusade on May 2, 1963. Paula Crisostomo, a retired college administrator, and Luis Torres, a former journalist, both 67, were two of the more than 10,000 students who walked out of five Los Angeles high schools in March of 1968 in what was known as the East L.A. school walkouts or “blowouts

I get it, but they were good students back then and did what it took to take care of academia. Todays kids do not take care of acadamia our test scores suck! They need to graduate high school before political activism. I am pretty sure those kids back then got in trouble for missing class, these are school sponsored. I still think we and they would be better off in class at this point in the long run! Protest after school not during! I guess I was brought up that protests and those type of things were to be done on my time not the schools or my bosses!
One hour makes little difference

I remember a walkout in my school and schools across the nation in the early 70s

Don’t remember the class.....but I remember the walkout
Earth Day? I was suspended for the only time in my school career on that day and we had a big walk out. First Earth Day. Everyone who participated had to spend Saturday picking up trash in the town park. I was all gung ho for participating, but I didn't know shit about what Earth Day was about. Nada. Zilch. It was just a way to say fuck you to the school.

I hope you learned how to control your emotional problems.

Forum List

Back