SCHOOL SUCKS: The American Way...

Maybe if you read a few history and sociology books as opposed to watching some agenda driven video you might have a clue, I doubt it but hey, anything is possible.

What an arrogant prick. Do you know form of argument other than the insult?

Maybe if you read a few history and sociology books as opposed to watching some agenda driven video you might have a clue, I doubt it but hey, anything is possible.

What an arrogant prick. Do you know form of argument other than the insult?

I'm the arrogant prick for responding in kind? Sure thing there Skippy. It also doesn't change the fact the video is propagandist in nature, lacking any real historical and cultural value and doing nothing more than attempting to compare apples with watermelons.

I'm the arrogant prick for responding in kind? Sure thing there Skippy.

I responded in kind to your argument, jackass.

It also doesn't change the fact the video is propagandist in nature, lacking any real historical and cultural value and doing nothing more than attempting to compare apples with watermelons.

That isn't a fact. It's pure baseless pejorative. I can easily produce equally insulting comments about everything you believe. Your "argument" is a total waste of time. It's not even an argument. It has no intellectual content whatsoever.

I'll simplify your argument, for future reference:

That's stupit!​

No need to bother with embellishments. That's all you really have to say.

Last edited:
I'm the arrogant prick for responding in kind? Sure thing there Skippy.

I responded in kind to your argument, jackass.

It also doesn't change the fact the video is propagandist in nature, lacking any real historical and cultural value and doing nothing more than attempting to compare apples with watermelons.

That isn't a fact. It's pure baseless pejorative. I can easily produce equally insulting comments about everything you believe. Your "argument" is a total waste of time. It's not even an argument. It has no intellectual content whatsoever.

I'll simplify your argument, for future reference:

That's stupit!​

No need to bother with embellishments. That's all you really have to say.
Nothing baseless about it for someone who has more than a second grade knowledge of history which is about the level of historical knowledge taught up through college when addressing basic history requirements for graduation.
This video is completely ignoring entire facets of historical and cultural facts in order to reach a specific conclusion and draw correlations that only superficially exist.
Oh and if you don't like getting slapped back, don't slap in the first place. It couldn't be more simple. :dunno:

Yeah I watched it. Propagandist crap that does not take into account hundreds of years of aristocratic rule, the cultural mindset of the peoples involved combined with the economic and political changes/strife leading to the rise of Nazism.
Essentially it's a child's view of history.

Your assessment is lacking in depth and is far too vague to express a coherent opposing viewpoint. Try again.

Were you schooled in the public school system?

Did you really watch the video? If not, you really should. The similarities are truly eery. Check it out.
916.gif

handjob.gif

Typical.....

"And sadly this blind allegiance to the State and to the fictional collective, eventually superceded concerns for their freedom, and concerns for their futures as individuals. Which is why they were so shamefully tolerant of a slow and steady march toward a Police State."

This video is fascinating. It shows you where we got our current Government-run School System model from. It's very fascinating, but also very disturbing.

Yes we were so much better with a 50% literacy rate where a poor person had little opportunity to rise above their appointed station in the farm field or factory floor. Education is the ladder out of poverty, why are you attacking it without offering a viable alternative? Don't say home school, there is more to an education than a latchkey kid studying alone behind a locked door and a fearful parent insulating them from the harsh realities and uncomfortable truths of the world.

Drivel. Not even worth pointing out all the fallacies in the argument. Your world is pretty tiny and understanding of history even worse. Decent appeal to emotion. Causal reductionism AND cliche thinking. Well done on your failed rebuttal.

And you feel you have some rebuttal to his with your statements. Really.

"Having no grasp of historical causality, they gravitated to the feet of anyone who promised to bring about change, and set out on a new course."

Were you schooled in the public school system?

I was, and I barely survived. I still have nightmares as a result of my experiences in public schools. They sucked the very will to live out of me. I can't imagine anything more stultifying, degrading and mind destroying than a public school.

I bet your teachers were surprised to hear that you did not find school an educational experience.

Yes we were so much better with a 50% literacy rate where a poor person had little opportunity to rise above their appointed station in the farm field or factory floor. Education is the ladder out of poverty, why are you attacking it without offering a viable alternative? Don't say home school, there is more to an education than a latchkey kid studying alone behind a locked door and a fearful parent insulating them from the harsh realities and uncomfortable truths of the world.

Drivel. Not even worth pointing out all the fallacies in the argument. Your world is pretty tiny and understanding of history even worse. Decent appeal to emotion. Causal reductionism AND cliche thinking. Well done on your failed rebuttal.

And you feel you have some rebuttal to his with your statements. Really.

I didn't concoct a rebuttal. There wasn't enough time to point out the logical fallacies, correct them and then charter a new course completely to make one at the time. Furthermore, i really didn't want to waste my energy. So, do i feel i have one? Yes. Am i going to entertain that pile? No.

Referencing Nazis meant you lost already...

We need smaller class size and a Dem run society for awhile- 90% of school problems come from the culture outside the school...see sig pp1

Yeah I watched it. Propagandist crap that does not take into account hundreds of years of aristocratic rule, the cultural mindset of the peoples involved combined with the economic and political changes/strife leading to the rise of Nazism.

Your assessment is lacking in depth and is far too vague to express a coherent opposing viewpoint. Try again.

It's condensed for one simple reason, the volume of information it would take to show the uneducated how superficial this video is would fill this entire board many times over. I could recommend a few dozen books for you to read if you want enlightenment as opposed to ideological justification.

Last edited:

It's condensed for one simple reason, the volume of information it would take to show the uneducated how superficial this video is would fill this entire board many times over. I could recommend a few dozen books for you to read if you want enlightenment as opposed to ideological justification.

The producer of this video explained & articulated the history & reality of Government-Run Schools perfectly. However, you have not expressed or articulated your opposing view effectively at all. It is what it is.

Referencing Nazis meant you lost already...

We need smaller class size and a Dem run society for awhile- 90% of school problems come from the culture outside the school...see sig pp1

You didn't watch the video, therefore your opinion is moot. Nice try though.

The producer of this video explained & articulated the history & reality of Government-Run Schools perfectly. However, you have not expressed or articulated your opposing view effectively at all. It is what it is.

Perfectly for someone who has little knowledge of a complex subject or purposefully omitting entire relative historical and cultural aspects that would blow his hypothesis out of the water. Again if you want a dissertation, research it and write it yourself but I see you're much more interested in hyperbolic propaganda. Go figure.

This video is fascinating. It shows you where we got our current Government-run School System model from. It's very fascinating, but also very disturbing.

Unfortunately, many spend 8+ years getting advanced degrees in women's or Latin studies and then are amazed to find that their education is completely worthless and they'd have been better served learning plumbing.

Forum List

Back