School staffs face tough questions on bullying

Shit....its getting hot in here.......

:eek:

FIRE!!!!!

:scared1:

:whip:

Sissy Spacek was teh hawt:

Sissy_Spacek_2_1.jpg

Um...I was kidding about "Fight Club." (I said I don't condone violence).

Nor, do I even know if there's any relationship between the opposing forces and bullying. One is Feminization of Socially Acceptable Behaviour ("we will all sit, still, in our seats, BEHAVE and not get dirty"). The other is Natural Male Behaviours (elevated and fluxuating testosterone levels in almost all male mammles can cause violence).

Perhaps, instead of fight club all males between the ages of 12 and 16 should be given 4 hours/day hard labor...splitting logs, plowing fields, breaking rocks.

That rule has been around from time immemorial. In public schools, however, class size alone prevents a teacher from enforcing that rule.

Time immemorial?

No, not even Public Schools have been around from "Time Immemorial."

At no time in history, have public schools and society had more rules than the present that boys "will all sit, still, in our seats, BEHAVE and not get dirty" ALL DAY, EVERY WAKING HOUR.

Well during my 12 years sitting in classes with a lot of boys who were expected to sit still and stay in their seats, I witnessed several who DID NOT, and were immediately asked to remove themselves from the classroom and report to the principal's office. And if they didn't, they were expelled. Was it my imagination? We also could not chew gum or pass notes. The whole idea was to SIT THERE and learn. What a concept.

That rule has been around from time immemorial. In public schools, however, class size alone prevents a teacher from enforcing that rule.

Time immemorial?

At no time in history, have public schools and society had more rules than the present that boys "will all sit, still, in our seats, BEHAVE and not get dirty" ALL DAY, EVERY WAKING HOUR.

Correct. If anything schools and colleges have been doing their damndest to take the boy out of being a boy. The men of today are wimps compared to their grandfathers.

It's because their form of exercise today is using a mouse or their thumbs. OF COURSE they're wimps. :lol:

Time immemorial?

Correct. If anything schools and colleges have been doing their damndest to take the boy out of being a boy. The men of today are wimps compared to their grandfathers.

It's because their form of exercise today is using a mouse or their thumbs. OF COURSE they're wimps. :lol:

Well yeah, technology has certainly played some role in that, but I'm talking about the overuse of Ritalin and all of that other crap.

Good discussion But I'd also like to point out that some kids that get their asses kicked or are "harrassed" sometimes ask for it. I don't condone violence at all either But I do know some "odd" kids who are starved for attention and deliberately annoy others to the point of anger. Then they play the victim card. Its hard to know whose side to take at times. Teachers are trained to deal with "negative attention hogs" Peers are not.

Remember that weird kid that used to make noises in class and then watch other kids get in trouble for it? No one likes that kid.

Recently, I was at an elementary school where the kids that arrived a little early in the morning for school were sent to the lunchroom and sit before they report to their classes when the first bell rang.
And the teacher in there said "no talking" and there was a sign up "no talking" for this early morning wait. And this was about 20 minutes before the classes started.
Yeah, right, expect 5th grade boys to not talk and sit still for 20 minutes. What a great idea that is.
The teachers and the schools are a part of the problem also. No doubt bullies need better parenting but the rules of the schools are also a large part.

Well yeah, technology has certainly played some role in that, but I'm talking about the overuse of Ritalin and all of that other crap.

I often wonder, instead of perscribing "Ritalin and all that other crap" to boys, why not just castrate them?

Of course, castration would be more permanent, but the end result IS what our Feminized Society wants: Well, Behaved Males, that will do what they're told, and not act out.

I often wonder, instead of perscribing "Ritalin and all that other crap" to boys, why not just castrate them?

Of course, castration would be more permanent, but the end result IS what our Feminized Society wants: Well, Behaved Males, that will do what they're told, and not act out.

LOL
Sort of an off shoot of The Stepford wives.
The elementary Stepford Boys. :lol:

LOL
Sort of an off shoot of The Stepford wives.
The elementary Stepford Boys. :lol:

Interesting point: But you'll NEVER see Hollywood produce, "The Stepford Boys."

:eusa_shhh:

****we'd have a freakin' revolt****

Good discussion But I'd also like to point out that some kids that get their asses kicked or are "harrassed" sometimes ask for it. I don't condone violence at all either But I do know some "odd" kids who are starved for attention and deliberately annoy others to the point of anger. Then they play the victim card. Its hard to know whose side to take at times. Teachers are trained to deal with "negative attention hogs" Peers are not.

Remember that weird kid that used to make noises in class and then watch other kids get in trouble for it? No one likes that kid.

Even if that happens its still wrong... i don't think its about taking sides its about knowing right from wrong.

Recently, I was at an elementary school where the kids that arrived a little early in the morning for school were sent to the lunchroom and sit before they report to their classes when the first bell rang.
And the teacher in there said "no talking" and there was a sign up "no talking" for this early morning wait. And this was about 20 minutes before the classes started.
Yeah, right, expect 5th grade boys to not talk and sit still for 20 minutes. What a great idea that is.
The teachers and the schools are a part of the problem also. No doubt bullies need better parenting but the rules of the schools are also a large part.

i do agree with you about teachers, they except way to much for cretin ages.

Update

"Not guilty pleas made for 3 in bullying case

Updated: Tuesday, 06 Apr 2010, 6:22 PM EDT
Published : Tuesday, 06 Apr 2010, 3:07 PM EDT

NORTHAMPTON (FOX 25 / MyFoxBoston.com) - Three Massachusetts teenagers charged in the bullying of a 15-year-old girl who killed herself have entered not guilty pleas at a brief court hearing.

The teens were not required to appear and the pleas were entered by lawyers Tuesday in Hampshire Superior Court.

Sean Mulveyhill and Kayla Narey, both 17 and from South Hadley, and 18-year-old Austin Renaud, of Springfield, will remain free on personal recognizance on the condition they stay away from the family of the girl who died.

Mulveyhill and Renaud are charged with statutory rape. Mulveyhill and Narey are also charged with violation of civil rights resulting in bodily injury, criminal harassment, and disturbance of a school assembly.

They are among nine teens charged in what prosecutors said was the "unrelenting" bullying of Phoebe Prince, who committed suicide Jan. 14."

Not guilty pleas made for 3 in bullying case

Class clowns and bullies are completely different.

Forum List

Back