School seeks forfeit after 100-0 win

Well they obviously didn't show up!
I have no idea if they should allow this or not???? I am sure there is some lesson to be learned but what is it?

1st.. IMHO it was wrong to do that in an obvious blowout.. show a little class in the 2nd 1/2 and put in your freshmen and bench players
2nd... the 'lesser' team did right and kept playing.. good for them
3rd.. after the fact, what good is a forfeit gonna do? It really does not teach a lesson.. no good comes of it.. and frankly, to me, it's pretty shallow and self serving... trying to respin bad press.. well guess what... it's still bad press and it does not change the past... best option, just let it go

the coach of the winning team really has a lot to learn. what purpose is served by letting his team completely wipe the floor with the other team? a good coach would have backed way off and let his kids learn something about sportsmanship. frankly, he should be horsewhipped.

"Even if you are losing, you might as well keep playing," said Shelby Hyatt, a freshman on the (losing) team. "Keep trying, and it's going to be OK."

at least somebody in the building had the right idea.

Well they obviously didn't show up!
I have no idea if they should allow this or not???? I am sure there is some lesson to be learned but what is it?

Lesson: don't let quadriplegics play basketball?

Ok, so I'm going to hell for that comment. But seriously, how can a basketball team not score a SINGLE basket?

Ok, so I'm going to hell for that comment. But seriously, how can a basketball team not score a SINGLE basket?

Dallas Academy has eight girls on its varsity team and about 20 girls in its high school. It is winless over the last four seasons. The academy boasts of its small class sizes and specializes in teaching students struggling with "learning differences," such as short attention spans or dyslexia

20 girls in the high school, damn. I know I wouldn't be proud of winning this game, they went up and whooped a bunch of kids with "learning differences".

And actually J (going to hell for this one)

Lesson: Keep your eye on the ball.

when i coached my son's second grade team, we were 1-3 after 4 games.
in those 4 games, we scored *a* basket.
i still get a chuckle outta that many years later.

when i coached my son's second grade team, we were 1-3 after 4 games.
in those 4 games, we scored *a* basket.
i still get a chuckle outta that many years later.

:lol: So you guys beat a team 2-0?

:lol: Least you guys had good defense. :rofl:

i don't think there was a team all that year that broke into double digits.

give me a team of hard working, aggressive three foot tall people and regulation 10 foot hoops, and i'll give you some low scoring games.:eusa_whistle:

it was fun, though.

the coach of the winning team really has a lot to learn. what purpose is served by letting his team completely wipe the floor with the other team? a good coach would have backed way off and let his kids learn something about sportsmanship. frankly, he should be horsewhipped.

"Even if you are losing, you might as well keep playing," said Shelby Hyatt, a freshman on the (losing) team. "Keep trying, and it's going to be OK."

at least somebody in the building had the right idea.

Exactly!

I wonder what the parents were thinking, on each side. I would have probably said something to the coach, but that's just me. What an egotistical asshole he is. He showed NO character whatsoever. :evil:

*Fear the Wrath of Echo!* :eek:

give me a team of hard working, aggressive three foot tall people and regulation 10 foot hoops, and i'll give you some low scoring games.:eusa_whistle:

it was fun, though.

:lol: All you needed was a kid like Yao Ming at that age size. Can someone say Championship? :lol:

it was fun, though.

I miss those days. Nothing better than watching a bunch of little one's playing sports and having FUN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:lol: All you needed was a kid like Yao Ming at that age size. Can someone say Championship? :lol:

like anything else, there were parents who tried to rig it so they had the "good" kids.
pretty pathetic, IMO, but we had fun despite them. thankfully, there usually a minority.

Forum List

Back