School Says Girl's Hair Is A Distraction

The Daily Advance

Looks like much ado about nohting to me

Gilliam said the school’s action was more protective of Jakyra than punitive, adding that her classmates were ridiculing her hairdo.

“A school administrator has to make decisions based on what we believe is in the best interest of the students involved,” Gilliam said. Our effort in placing the student in a smaller setting was to ensure that the classroom learning environment was under control and conducive to learning, and to protect the young lady from feeling hurt and embarrassed from the outbursts and reactions of her fellow students.”

After calling the school Wednesday to talk with her daughter and make sure she was OK, Ruby Kearse said she found Jakyra to be fine. Jakyra explained to her mother that the kids were excited about her hairdo.

“Everywhere she went, the kids were going ape for it,” Ruby Kearse said.

Last edited:
The Daily Advance

Looks like much ado about nohting to me

Gilliam said the school’s action was more protective of Jakyra than punitive, adding that her classmates were ridiculing her hairdo.

“A school administrator has to make decisions based on what we believe is in the best interest of the students involved,” Gilliam said. Our effort in placing the student in a smaller setting was to ensure that the classroom learning environment was under control and conducive to learning, and to protect the young lady from feeling hurt and embarrassed from the outbursts and reactions of her fellow students.”

After calling the school Wednesday to talk with her daughter and make sure she was OK, Ruby Kearse said she found Jakyra to be fine. Jakyra explained to her mother that the kids were excited about her hairdo.

“Everywhere she went, the kids were going ape for it,” Ruby Kearse said.

racist :evil:

When I was in grade school we were allowed to wear warmup up pants under our uniforms. Isn't that silly? :)

The uniform was always required no matter what.
catholic school?

Yes. We just hated those uniforms.. :evil:
i used to take the city bus to school, the same one that went right in front of the main catholic all girls school in the city

you may have hated them, but most guys i knew thought they were HOT
LOL

Forum List

Back