School Defends Outting Allegedly Lesbian Teen

Madeline

Rookie
Apr 20, 2010
Cleveland. Feel mah pain.
Two softball coaches at a Texas high school are being sued after allegedly confining a teenaged girl in a locked room, forcing her to confirm her sexual orientation, then outing her to her parents before ejecting her from the softball team.

The lawsuit states that the school district defended the actions by saying the teachers were "legally obligated" to inform the parents of the child's sexuality.

School outed teen to parents, said it was ‘legally obligated’: lawsuit | Raw Story

Please read the linked story; there are some disturbing facts. WTF "legal obligation" could there be?

Your thoughts?

Two softball coaches at a Texas high school are being sued after allegedly confining a teenaged girl in a locked room, forcing her to confirm her sexual orientation, then outing her to her parents before ejecting her from the softball team.

The lawsuit states that the school district defended the actions by saying the teachers were "legally obligated" to inform the parents of the child's sexuality.

School outed teen to parents, said it was ‘legally obligated’: lawsuit | Raw Story

Please read the linked story; there are some disturbing facts. WTF "legal obligation" could there be?

Your thoughts?

there is no 'legal obligation'... there are only homophobes who are so filled with hate that they're ok with seeing a the girl victimized.

cause you know, maybe they'll be able to beat the gay out of her. :cuckoo:

• Banned

Your thoughts?

there is no 'legal obligation'... there are only homophobes who are so filled with hate that they're ok with seeing a the girl victimized.

cause you know, maybe they'll be able to beat the gay out of her. :cuckoo:

Just about what I thought too, Jillian.

Did I understand the story correctly that one of the female Coaches was dating that girl? If true the coach should be fired just for that.

• Banned
Did I understand the story correctly that one of the female Coaches was dating that girl? If true the coach should be fired just for that.

My reading of the story is, the coach and her coworker confronted the victim and accused her of spreading a rumor that the coach was dating a student, a girl. This seems to have been what fueled the woman's anger -- understandable -- but that anger seems to have clouded her judgment very badly.

I'm not sure if any of the females in this story are lesbians, but you're right....allegations of teacher on student sexual contact (if there actually are any) should be investigated criminally.

The whole thing sounds like a dramafest on steroids to me.

Last edited:
Interesting. You do realize that she was 'outed' to her PARENTS. Why is that such a problem with anyone here? Is it a bad thing that the parents know of a secret relationship? I am not saying they should have done so but I am saying I cannot see why the big deal or the reason for a full blown lawsuit. It stinks of bullshit to me. The story even states that the family is ok with being publicaly identified. THAT screams of pining for attention and money. If they were so concerned about privacy they would not want to be publically known. It seems to me that there should be FAR more worry about dealing with this publically than dealing with her parents.

Your thoughts?

When K D thought she was going to be outed she went public hard time. I don't agree with "outing". Out of the blue KD "came out" rather than having been outed.

Now it has all turned out for the best, but I think only because she confronted the situation so bravely.

But Lang brought the hell fire with her and went with it to the max. And she changed a lot of lives.

Having been in the industry there were a lot of DADT moments in my life.

Whatever happened at a Holiday Inn stayed in the Holiday Inn....:eusa_angel:

Don't even ask what happens after an award show.

But a child in school with teachers outing her? Dear lord, what have we become?

It's wrong.

Interesting. You do realize that she was 'outed' to her PARENTS. Why is that such a problem with anyone here? Is it a bad thing that the parents know of a secret relationship? I am not saying they should have done so but I am saying I cannot see why the big deal or the reason for a full blown lawsuit. It stinks of bullshit to me. The story even states that the family is ok with being publicaly identified. THAT screams of pining for attention and money. If they were so concerned about privacy they would not want to be publically known. It seems to me that there should be FAR more worry about dealing with this publically than dealing with her parents.

Surely you jest.

Holy freaking toledo. Being outted to your parents for any reason is horrid.

I am seriously thankful I was an only child because I witnessed too many of my friends getting nailed by a sibling.

I'm lucky my dad liked rock n roll otherwise I'd have been grounded for life for the shit I pulled growing up.

Last edited:
Yes, the horror of your parents knowing what you are doing and being there to guide you. The terror at the thought...

Ah can I suggest to you one girl who just because she loved her hair became a victim of her father and brother killing her?

By her father and her brother? How well did that guidance go for that young lady?

Yes the terror at the thought....

No hijab = death.

If there was sexual contact between a teacher and student, then the student's parents and the DA need to be notified.

If the student is kind of butch and likes contact sports (or for the other hand, likes cooking and knitting) then the parents probably already know, and are dealing with the matter at home. And there is no reason for anyone else to be involved.

If the students are engaging in heterosexual sex, then the parents really need to know.

if there is a danger that a homosexual relation might be abusive (Which in my opinion, most of them are, so sue me) then the parents need to know.

But otherwise, but out.

The same people who outed Gannon and are accusing Lindsay Graham of being gay enable this type of sexual preference witch hunt.

It's unspeakably vile.

Yes, the horror of your parents knowing what you are doing and being there to guide you. The terror at the thought...

Ah can I suggest to you one girl who just because she loved her hair became a victim of her father and brother killing her?

By her father and her brother? How well did that guidance go for that young lady?

Yes the terror at the thought....

No hijab = death.

Ya, thats an excellent analogy........
:eusa_wall:

It sounds as if the teacher acted with malice, angry at the girl for spreading rumors about her. Whether she did so or not, I still can't see what "legal obligation" there might be to out a child to her parents.

I dun know if I feel any different about a sexually active teen who is straight. Unless there is abuse of some sort, I just don't see how this is a teacher's perojative.

My reading of the story is, the coach and her coworker confronted the victim and accused her of spreading a rumor that the coach was dating a student, a girl. This seems to have been what fueled the woman's anger -- understandable -- but that anger seems to have clouded her judgment very badly.

I'm not sure if any of the females in this story are lesbians, but you're right....allegations of teacher on student sexual contact (if there actually are any) should be investigated criminally.

Personally, I think the entire storty rests on the fact that the girl and the coach may have been involed.
If so, then YES, the parents should be notified.... other than that, the school needs to butt out.

This wouldnt be an issue if the girl was boinking a boy, or cleaning carpet in her spare time.... its the fact that a teacher may have been involved, but then again, what do I know.

Personally, I think the entire storty rests on the fact that the girl and the coach may have been involed.
If so, then YES, the parents should be notified.... other than that, the school needs to butt out.

This wouldnt be an issue if the girl was boinking a boy, or cleaning carpet in her spare time.... its the fact that a teacher may have been involved, but then again, what do I know.

If the girl and the coach were sexually involved, then the coach should be arrested for statutory rape.

Having played softball, kicking a girl off the team for being a lesbian seems weird to me.

Forum List

Back