NewsVine_Mariyam

Platinum Member
Mar 3, 2018
The Beautiful Pacific Northwest
School counselors, sheriff's deputy wanted Nikolas Cruz forcibly committed in 2016, documents show

Documents in the criminal case against Cruz showed that school officials at Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School and a sheriff's deputy recommended in September 2016 that Cruz be involuntarily committed for mental evaluation under Florida's Baker Act for at least three days, sources confirmed to Fox News on Sunday.

The documents, part of Cruz's criminal case in the shooting, showed that he had written the word "kill" in a notebook, told a classmate that he wanted to buy a gun and use it, and had cut his arm supposedly in anger beca
use he had broken up with a girlfriend. He also told another student he had drunk gasoline and was throwing up. Calls had even been made to the FBI about the possibility of Cruz using a gun at school.

School counselors, sheriff's deputy wanted Nikolas Cruz forcibly committed in 2016, documents show

Documents in the criminal case against Cruz showed that school officials at Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School and a sheriff's deputy recommended in September 2016 that Cruz be involuntarily committed for mental evaluation under Florida's Baker Act for at least three days, sources confirmed to Fox News on Sunday.

The documents, part of Cruz's criminal case in the shooting, showed that he had written the word "kill" in a notebook, told a classmate that he wanted to buy a gun and use it, and had cut his arm supposedly in anger beca
use he had broken up with a girlfriend. He also told another student he had drunk gasoline and was throwing up. Calls had even been made to the FBI about the possibility of Cruz using a gun at school.
When democrats want a school shooting, they gonna get it.

Every time that a tragedy such as a mass shooting occurs, some of us steel ourselves for the accusations, retaliation and repercussions which follow.

This situation had nothing to do with the 2nd amendment, with lawful gun owners, with too many guns or the ease with which they are obtained. There apparently were several points along the way over years that someone could have intervened in the situation yet no one did but now we find out that someone at least tried.

And the government...the incredibly incompetent government wants to disarm us? They must be kidding...they can't protect kids when they had all of these warnings but they want us to believe we don't need our rifles? Please...

Every time that a tragedy such as a mass shooting occurs, some of us steel ourselves for the accusations, retaliation and repercussions which follow.

This situation had nothing to do with the 2nd amendment, with lawful gun owners, with too many guns or the ease with which they are obtained. There apparently were several points along the way over years that someone could have intervened in the situation yet no one did but now we find out that someone at least tried.
What you posted is interesting. The situation DID have something to do with guns though. He used a GUN to kill those people.

Family failure, school failure, police failure, mental health failure, morality failure, social violence culture failure, but ITS THE GUNS!!!

What you posted is interesting. The situation DID have something to do with guns though. He used a GUN to kill those people.

True enough but the criminal use or misuse of an object is what distinguishes a firearm in the hands of a lawful gun owner from one in the hands of someone like Cruz or any other criminal.

And if we're going to look at this strictly from the point of "but there was a gun involved" then when you or I or the students who were hiding out from Cruz call 911 who do you want and expect to show up? People armed to the teeth with high powered weapons aka GUNS right? I'm thinking the more the better or am I mistaken?

True enough but the criminal use or misuse of an object is what distinguishes a firearm in the hands of a lawful gun owner from one in the hands of someone like Cruz or any other criminal.

And if we're going to look at this strictly from the point of "but there was a gun involved" then when you or I or the students who were hiding out from Cruz call 911 who do you want and expect to show up? People armed to the teeth with high powered weapons aka GUNS right? I'm thinking the more the better or am I mistaken?
I'm not looking at this "strictly" from the point of there being a gun involved. That will never work. But more guns to fix the problem? No way, Jose. Except in the hands of trained professional law enforcement or security that has the wherewithal to do it. Not you or me or my Aunt Martha.

When democrats want a school shooting, they gonna get it.

yes

even if they have to fire the armed guards to do so

The last NYPD cops assigned full-time to New York City public schools are being moved out — despite nationwide calls for heightened security in the wake of last month’s Florida shootings.

As the nation mourned the 17 victims of the school massacre at Parkland, Fla., the NYPD was removing Sgt. Raul Espinet from his post at Francis Lewis HS in Fresh Meadows, Queens — where he had worked for more than a dozen years. Parents, teachers and students are livid over the beloved cop’s departure.

“My colleagues think it’s outrageous — and really stupid,” teacher Arthur Goldstein said. “We’re not enthusiastic about arming teachers, but we liked having a cop around.”

https://nypost.com/2018/03/11/parents-up-in-arms-after-nypd-removes-cops-from-schools/

Broward County
To longtime friend, school shooter Nikolas Cruz was lonely, volatile, ostracized
By Julie K. Brown
February 17, 2018 06:44 PM
Updated February 18, 2018 03:59 PM

Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School is the jewel of Parkland, graduating top-notch students and athletes who grow up in a dignified affluence far removed from the gritty urban sprawl of Miami.

Many live in vast gated communities enveloped by horse pastures and pristine nature trails. Rated among the best high schools in Florida, Stoneman Douglas has won five national math championships, has the state’s top marching band and boasts science and engineering programs where students fly weather balloons and drones.

But Nikolas Cruz never felt a part of this warm nest of promise and achievement. The warning signs of a simmering danger brought on by his mental illness were documented by his school, his fellow students, his family, the police, child welfare agencies, the FBI and even by his own hand, on social media.

Cruz’s Valentine’s Day rampage at Stoneman Douglas that ended 17 lives came after months and years of violent, erratic outbursts that often frightened fellow students and others who came in contact with him, records show.

Read more here: To longtime friend, school shooter Nikolas Cruz was lonely, volatile, ostracized

I Am That Mom
When Autism Turns Violent
By findingcoopersvoice / October 15, 2017

My son with autism is funny and loving. He is cute and quirky and brings smiles to everyone that meets hims. This is the side of autism that the world wants to see. This is the side of autism that the world wants me to share. And most of the time that’s okay. My goal as Cooper’s mom is to remove the stigma around the disability. I want to show the daily joys of autism. And people like it when I do. They like when I talk about the funny parts or the quirks. I’ve learned that people want to hear about the Rain Man’s and The Good Doctors.

The Reality of Autism
But there is a whole other side that parents like me live with every single day. There is the reality of autism.

A child with autism can be violent. They can hit, kick and rage. I myself have permanent bruises on my legs from Cooper’s meltdowns. His brother is kicked and hit daily. He has hit two therapists over the years. He even pushed a little girl down a slide in a story that made the national news.

Autism was one thing when I had a cute little two year old. It’s a whole different story when it’s an almost 70 pound six year old. The reality is Cooper is getting bigger. And I know it is my job to keep him safe and others around him safe. But, what happens when he gets too big for me to control? What happens when he is a grown man and gets mad or excited when we are out in the community? What if someone gets hurt? What if the police are called? What if I lose my son?

A Race Against Time
These are the fears that families like mine deal with every single day of our lives and I feel incredibly torn about it. I never want anyone to be afraid of Cooper. So, as a blogger with a wide reach, do I share the beauty of autism or do I share the reality of autism?

Five days before the shooting, Kimberly Snead took Cruz to the office of a therapist she has been seeing. Cruz said he was open to therapy but didn’t like medication. He took a business card and was figuring out what his health insurance would cover.

Nikolas Cruz: 'We had this monster living under our roof and we didn’t know.'
fl-florida-school-shooting-nikolas-cruz-warning-signs-20180216.jpg

Each day since the Stoneman Douglas High School shooting, more revelations emerge about agencies that were warned about Nikolas Cruz but failed to act. Most recently: the [URL='http://www.sun-sentinel.com/topic/crime-law-justice/law-enforcement/broward-county-sheriffs-office-ORGOV000075-topic.html']Broward Sheriff’s Office.[/URL]

The sheriff’s office received at least two calls from people concerned that Nikolas Cruz would shoot...

Each day since the [URL='http://www.sun-sentinel.com/topic/education/schools/high-schools/stoneman-douglas-high-school--OREDU0000447-topic.html']Stoneman Douglas High School
shooting, more revelations emerge about agencies that were warned about Nikolas Cruz but failed to act. Most recently: the Broward Sheriff’s Office.

The sheriff’s office received at least two calls from people concerned that Nikolas Cruz would shoot...

(John Maines and Megan O'Matz)
Snead thought he had the only key to the cabinet but has figured out Cruz must have kept a key for himself. The family kept their own rifles, bought after a burglary a couple of years ago, in a separate locked cabinet.

They told Cruz he needed to ask permission to take out the guns. He had asked only twice since November. They said “yes” once and “no” once.

Cruz’s mom seemed to have cosseted him.

“He was very naïve. He wasn’t dumb, just naïve,” James said.

He didn’t know how to cook. They had to show him how to use a microwave. He didn’t know how to do his laundry and also had to learn to pick up after himself...
29063177_1625483430862828_3530629749158182912_n.jpg
Nikolas Cruz, indeed, was a sicko, as the president said. But not sicko enough, apparently, to spare him from death row. The Broward State Attorney’s Office filed notice in circuit court Tuesday that, never mind Cruz’s history of mental problems dating back to 2002, prosecutors intend to seek the death penalty.[/URL]

I Am That Mom

My son with autism is funny and loving. He is cute and quirky and brings smiles to everyone that meets hims. This is the side of autism that the world wants to see. This is the side of autism that the world wants me to share. And most of the time that’s okay. My goal as Cooper’s mom is to remove the stigma around the disability. I want to show the daily joys of autism. And people like it when I do. They like when I talk about the funny parts or the quirks. I’ve learned that people want to hear about the Rain Man’s and The Good Doctors.

The Reality of Autism
But there is a whole other side that parents like me live with every single day. There is the reality of autism.

A child with autism can be violent. They can hit, kick and rage. I myself have permanent bruises on my legs from Cooper’s meltdowns. His brother is kicked and hit daily. He has hit two therapists over the years. He even pushed a little girl down a slide in a story that made the national news.

Autism was one thing when I had a cute little two year old. It’s a whole different story when it’s an almost 70 pound six year old. The reality is Cooper is getting bigger. And I know it is my job to keep him safe and others around him safe. But, what happens when he gets too big for me to control? What happens when he is a grown man and gets mad or excited when we are out in the community? What if someone gets hurt? What if the police are called? What if I lose my son?

A Race Against Time
These are the fears that families like mine deal with every single day of our lives and I feel incredibly torn about it. I never want anyone to be afraid of Cooper. So, as a blogger with a wide reach, do I share the beauty of autism or do I share the reality of autism?
Share the reality, both the beauty and the beast. There is no sense in hiding either side. It is what it is...all the time. Down Syndrome children go through the same Jekyll and Hyde duality.

My daughter treats her son no differently than her other two children. He gets punished for doing bad things and rewarded for doing good. He has become a talented drummer, a good basketball player, a witty conversationalist and an overall joy to be around.

When it was first explained to him that he had Down Syndrome, his first response was to say, "I'll have to tell my teacher." This was a compliment to his teacher as she had been treating him the same as all the other children.

I Am That Mom

The Reality of Autism

A Race Against Time
A coworker with a 16 year old autistic son is going through this now. He is one fight short of being expelled. He has come a long way and to casually meet him, you'd never know there was a problem. He is bright and does well in school when he applies himself. It's the temper though. I think some of the kids know they can get a rise out of him and they do it for entertainment.

I Am That Mom

The Reality of Autism

A Race Against Time
A coworker with a 16 year old autistic son is going through this now. He is one fight short of being expelled. He has come a long way and to casually meet him, you'd never know there was a problem. He is bright and does well in school when he applies himself. It's the temper though. I think some of the kids know they can get a rise out of him and they do it for entertainment.
When he shoots up a school you pos will still blame the gun.

Forum List

Back