School Choice

School Choice Bill Heads To Full Senate Vote - New Jersey 101.5 FM

How does it work in your state? Can vouchers be used for religious schools? Can anyone qualify or is it just based on need?

Vouchers are available for students living in low-income households, but it's usually for young kids that require child care. I don't believe vouchers are available in Arkansas.

I'm weary of this whole voucher idea. To me, this just gives the government another way to influence private schools. I'd prefer they stay out of it. I don't want the government telling private schools which kids they can and cannot admit.

Good point. That's something I'm wondering as well. Public funds; public rules. Too many strings attached. However, I think NJ may get around this by taking the money from corporations.

Also - what's the difference between a tax deduction and a tax credit? I'm trying to understand how this will "steal money" from public ed.

Yea, let the public schools fail.

Put children in religious schools to ensure they stay ignorant and can't compete.

It's not enough to turn everything to shit. We want to make sure it STAYS that way.

Will you stop trying to prove that you are the dumbest poster!!

OK...consider it documented.

BTW,

i. Over 66 percent of the Catholic school graduates received the New York State Regents diploma to signify completion of an academically demanding college preparatory curriculum, while only about 5 percent of the public school students received this distinction;
ii. The Catholic high schools graduated 95 percent of their students each year, while the public schools graduated slightly more 50 percent of their senior class;
iii. The Catholic school students achieved an average combined SAT score of 803, while the public school students' average combined SAT score was 642;
iv. 60 percent of the Catholic school black students scored above the national average for black students on the SAT, and over 70 percent of public school black students scored below the same national average.
 More recent studies confirm these observations. Why Catholic Schools Spell Success For America's Inner-City Children | The Heritage Foundation

Besides the annual winner in the DUMBEST POSTER contest, I'm thinking of entering you in the CONSISTENTLY WRONG competition.

Up for it?

You use the "Heritage Foundation" as "proof"? And you call me "dumb"?

6a00e0098c505188330115709e7fba970b-450wi

Please, stop playing the fool.

The appropriate response when one disagrees is to provide alternative data...which, of course, you cannot.

It is less than sophomoric, in fact it should henceforth be known as 'rdeanie' to pretend that merely providing the name, as in ' "Heritage Foundation" as "proof' is in some way dispositive. Here, let's try it together: "How rdeanie of you!" Good, very good.

If you had more than a single cerebral neuron, I would ask for references that indicate any deficiency with the Heritage Foundation...but of course you would be unable to provide same as you suffer from rdeanie lamina terminalis.

So, let's review:
1. You claimed that a religious based education is in some way deleterious...but, suffering from rdeanie lamina terminalis, words of more than a syllable or two is beyond your ken.

2. I provided data, and specific data at that, which punctured any semblence of veracity in your argument.

3. The data was from the well-known and respected Heritage Foundtion, but, suffering from rdeanie lamina terminalis, you fabricated some objection, which, of course, you were unable to document.

4. With great sadness, I must comment on the prognosis: while there is no cure for rdeanie lamina terminalis, the good news is that it is rarely communicable.

5. Correction to "you call me "dumb"? No, it is the vast multitudes and cheering throngs who provide said appellatioin.

Question: while understanding that there is an existential nature to many of your posts, I am wondering why you included a youthful photo of prospective Justice Kagan????

Forum List

Back