School Cancels Anti-Racist Play

• Banned
They must be afraid that blacks could turn violent when hearing the word "******"?

One can only hope that that the kids hadn't already prepared for that play when it was canceled.

It seems strange to me that school is all about trading an unacceptable vocabulary for acceptable.

Don't say poop, say sh*t. Don't say freak, say f*ck. Don't say things that would potentially offend the diverse ethnic groups but DO shut your parents out of your life and demand your OWN privacy at ridiculous levels.

... Yep, I have four in the beloved system and one is in high school... To work as a parent around the obstacles thrown around makes me wonder who's really the one needing the education.

Unfreakingbelivable. Were I a parent in that school district I'd make my disapproval -- and the fact that this decision is beyond ridiculous -- well known.

Let me get this straight; they banned a play based on one of the most powerful anti-racist novels of all time, over ONE WORD? That's insane! What's really disgusting is that some adult human being, one charged with educating our children yet, actually had nothing better to do than to come up with this bit of mindless political correctness!

This is a great movie and schools are going out of their way to prove why education is so bad. I can guarantee you that one students' parent will file an official protest if the play goes on. We all get offended during the day but it doesn't give us the right to stop the world.

This is a great movie and schools are going out of their way to prove why education is so bad. I can guarantee you that one students' parent will file an official protest if the play goes on. We all get offended during the day but it doesn't give us the right to stop the world.

But see.... the potential of it and education is NOT bad. That is WHAT keeps it running! Going! On and on, necessarily. Like, um, people from the woods who tend to read nothign but their bibles and then end up writing like me. Confusion, it could be, I say.

Teacher and staff take a whole lotta crap to provide safe and productive(?) atmospheres for our children to be transformed in. AND like it or NOT our children are being transformed, necessarily.

My issue is primarily that it is NOT optional. Homeschooling for children is only an option for HS graduates through to ninth grade and then it is regulated yearly. No nevermind that test scores are not necessarily evidence of 'educational success'. (In being a carpenter, I had learned the tricks of the trade to warp drywall as well.) After homeschooling should be the work studies... YES youth in the lower levels of the work force teaching them what is expected and what others have RAISED families ON.

Facing the facts, the opposing views to many rooted beliefs are the reason revising the dependency on welfare systems has not be more successful in a better time frame than they currently are.

The best way to test your clout is to use it on a meaningless point and see if the enemy retreats. Probing the fence, so to speak.

Forum List

Back