School Board Member Outraged over Patriotic T Shirts

Discussion in 'Education' started by BS Filter, Aug 18, 2018.

1. bodecea

bodecea Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +40,924
    Todd Starnes is a lying liar and because he wraps it all up in christianity, the trumpanzees swallow it.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  2. BS Filter

BS Filter Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +3,173
    What's ignorant is to defend something you know nothing about. I've studied Islam and Christianity. I know and understand both of the religions. You defend a religion simply because there are 1.5 billion members? That's ignorant. Why would you defend a religion that believes wives are to submit or be beaten? Christianity doesn't. You've never studied the Quran or the bible. I have. You're the ignorant one here.

3. BS Filter

BS Filter Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +3,173
    Then you choose to remain ignorant. You admit you don't know enough about it and you don't want to research it. You're lazy and ignorant.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Lysistrata

Lysistrata Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +3,659
    Both. Each of these religions has its problems. I don't defend these aspects of Islam, and the same goes for the same aspects of Christianity and other religions. You seem to be defending the more perverted aspects of Christianity and the shit-for-brains posse I mentioned. All three have a disgusting and sexually degrading record in regard to the female half of humanity, particularly with domestic abuse and violence. Patriarchal religions, which basically elevate the worship of the penis, do this. It is a fundamental flaw in their structures.

Do some research. I wish I had saved it. I found a wonderful article about how "Christian" husbands can extort sex from an unwilling wife. Look at this subservience to the male of the couple, which basically means lay down and spread 'em when he snaps his fingers. In the sicko cult of the Duggars, a woman's husband has to give her permission to wear pants.

You are the one who is lazy and ignorant. You sound like a member of one of these phony "Christian" cults.

5. irosie91

irosie91 Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +18,153

6. BS Filter

BS Filter Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +3,173
    I'm not talking about personal behavior. I'm talking the doctrines of each religion. When I read the New Testament, I see husbands love their wives and husbands lay their lives down for them. When I read the Quran, it teaches that husbands are permitted to beat their wives. Now , regarding personal behavior, that's a different case. My point is Christianity is far superior to Islam. Christianity is positive and full of life. Islam is full of hate and abuse, according to their holy books.

• Funny Funny x 1
  7. SweetSue92

SweetSue92 Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,589
    Don't know what you mean by the last sentence. People do not have to scrub themselves clean of religious faith in order to work gov't jobs. The religion of the US gov't is not secular. It is neutral--it simply does not take a stand, that's it. Gov't employees absolutely have a right to believe whatever they wish, just the same as every other American citizen. They do not have the right to proselytize at work. That's it.

8. SweetSue92

SweetSue92 Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,589
    OH watch out, now. Lots and lots of things can be called "extremism".

9. SweetSue92

SweetSue92 Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,589
    You're prejudiced against the Christian religion and have made that manifestly clear.

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. mgh80

mgh80 Silver Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +460
    As a Christian teacher at a public school I disagree. A school's job is NOT to indoctrinate the kids and this goes BOTH ways. We can't pick and choose when we want do it and when we don't as it suits us individually. My religious beliefs should have no bearing on my student's lives/work/etc. just like my political views shouldn't. When students ask me what religion I am-I tell them what I am, and leave it at that. It's inappropriate for me to tell them what to believe. When they ask me who I vote for, I jokingly tell them that I write myself in on the ballot and they're smart enough to understand I wont tell them.

I believe that there's a God who created what all that we experience, but I don't know for a fact. That's why it's called "faith" and not "knowledge".