Schiavo Case: Santorum Unfit for Office of Presidency

some things need repeating
Schiavo Case: Santorum Unfit for Office of Presidency

Santorum is no conservative. Calling for federal intervention in this case went way beyond anything a leftist or populist would ever imagine doing.

Schiavo Autopsy Released

Schiavo Autopsy Released

Asked whether he had any regrets, Sen. Rick Santorum (R-Pa.), who visited Schiavo at the hospice in her last days, responded, "None whatsoever." He added: "If a state court decides to take the life of someone, there should be a federal review."

Government involvement in the Terri Schiavo case - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Republican leaders in the House of Representatives, including Speaker Dennis Hastert of Illinois, Tom DeLay of Texas and Tom Davis of Virginia, opened a congressional inquiry of the House Government Reform Committee, which was to take place in Clearwater on March 25, and issued subpoenas for Terri and Michael Schiavo and several hospice workers
Republicans went way beyond a ny rational concern for a single human being.

and Santorum was a major player here. So much for government off our backs

Last edited:
Bullshit. That wasn't about the 14th Amendment or the "state taking a life".

This was about a decision that was made by her husband and her doctor to "unplug" a comatose patient, his wife, with no hope of recovery.

This was also about the Executive and Legislative branches of the Federal Government attempting to interfere in a decision that only belonged to the husband and her doctor.

I know YOU favor "big gubmint activism" forcing what YOU consider "moral" upon the masses, but if I'm ever in a position where I have to make a horrible decision like that I'll thank you and the Federal Government to simply stay the fuck out of my business.

You keep using that word comatose. I dont think it means what you seem to think it means. Because Schaivo wasn't in a coma.

You are right. She was basically brain dead.

Actually she was in a "persistant vegatative state", a different animal from "brain dead". Got called on it once myself, so in the interest of accuracy...

Brain death - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Persistent vegetative state - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Have a living will, with several notarized and certified copies and deposit them with different people. That way a spouse looking to make his new life with the mother of his newest kids can't say "She didn't have one." When people hear "Living Will" they automatically assume that the document provides for death under certain circumstances. A Living Will can spell out exactly what circumstances. No reasonable person would want death by dehydration, it is one of the most gruesome horrible painful lingering deaths that can be imagined.

Way to dodge the questions I asked. :eusa_clap:

I didn't dodge the question. I didn't give you the answer you wanted to hear, which I suspect would be something like "I would never want to live like that."

Point was, he was all for keeping her alive when there was money to be made.

There was a dispute between her family and her husband. The courts took the husband's side, the legislature (including A LOT of Democrats) took the families side.

Ok, so if I hear you right...........

1) You would NOT want to be kept alive under those circumstances.

2) You think that families should have to petition the federal government to make the final decision in matters like this because the feds know best.

Need to get your hearing checked.

1) I think I would indifferent to whether my body was kept alive under those circumstances. I suspect that if brain activity ceased I wouldn't be me and I might even start voting Democratic.

2) Ideally, the husband and family should have worked out something without asking the government for intervention. THey couldn't do that, because, hey, the husband was a creep.

Forum List

Back