Schiavo Autopsy Released - No Abuse

GotZoom said:
At what point does quality of life come to play? You said she was "in a vegetative state" - let's forget everything before..we don't know what happened. But since she was "in a vegetative state", do you feel she should have been kept alive? Like that?

You also said, "an othewise healthy person." How can you say that someone is in a vegetative state but be othewise healthy?

That is like saying "almost pregnant."

At some point, people need to think of "quality of life" as much as "life" itself.

"Quality of life" is a slippery slope. We should focus on the value of human life itself.

The choice to stay on a life support system or not should be up to the individual. If this was definitely communicated to a spouse, then in Michael's case, he should have pulled the plug way earlier. But he waited until he got the settlement and then he tried to pull the plug. So it became a CONTESTED case. In such a case, the family should have been allowed to bring ALL bearing evidence again in another appeal to the Court but that was denied them as Judge Greer ruled out various evidence submitted earlier and it was not submitted in the Court appeals later. If the parents had won the case, they should have been allowed to keep their daughter alive even if her "quality of life" was minimal. They would have prevented her from being dehydrated to death.

How is it a guilty person must come before a jury to be sentenced to death, but an innocent person is denied a jury in a contested case? And a single judge is allowed to deny evidence for a life or death case? Does that seem right to you?

archangel said:
No statue of limitations on murder...many documented cases of murder were solved many years(Decades) after the crime was committed...! :wtf:

Even though the 10 commandments were carved in stone, laws are not sculptures. :D

GotZoom said:
Why? How can it not?

The examiners were tainted...too close to the case..."territorial"
2nd....many neurosugeons have differing opinions on brain function...recovery
3rd....possible new discoveries in medical technology(autopsy) have yet to be discovered...ie:recent DNA advances which opened many old cases! :blowup:

archangel said:
No statue of limitations on murder...many documented cases of murder were solved many years(Decades) after the crime was committed...! :wtf:

But you are assuming he murdered her. You have proof he put a pillow over her face?

Like I said, you are trying to get them to prove a negative.

archangel said:
The examiners were tainted...too close to the case..."territorial"
2nd....many neurosugeons have differing opinions on brain function...recovery
3rd....possible new discoveries in medical technology(autopsy) have yet to be discovered...ie:recent DNA advances which opened many old cases! :blowup:

Of course...I see. You believe the situation should have been handled differently.

Therefore, anyone in authority who doesn't agree with you is obviously tainted.

GotZoom said:
But you are assuming he murdered her. You have proof he put a pillow over her face?

Like I said, you are trying to get them to prove a negative.

I did not say he murdered her..just that the potential was there...and the investigation was flawed...! :wtf:

GotZoom said:
Of course...I see. You believe the situation should have been handled differently.

Therefore, anyone in authority who doesn't agree with you is obviously tainted.

I gave you a perspective from a former investigators opinion based on experience...if you were aware of the rules of evidence relating to "Tainted" evidence you would not have made that stupid statement! :wtf:

nosarcasm said:
you slander his name by claiming he murdered his wife with no evidence
to back it up. Gut feelings are not a good advisor.

Do you know the definetion of slander?First I did not say he murdered his wife...only that the investigation was flawed...2nd this is a public case...opinions are not slander!

ScreamingEagle said:
Just because she was in a vegetative state does not make it right to painfully dehydrate/starve an otherwise healthy person to death for two long painful weeks for her herself and her entire family.

If someone is vegatative they don't feel pain-- they don't feel anything, for that matter, they have no consciousness. There's a different between a dead body and a "perfectly healthy mind" and a "perfectly healthy body" and a dead mind.

ScreamingEagle said:
Nobody is a "fucking veggie". Learn to respect human life OCA.

Sure, her mind became half the size AFTER 12 years of total neglect by a husband who wanted to do away with her after the settlement, who refused her any rehab of any kind. Who knows if she may have recovered or not if she had received the proper treatment earlier?

Just because she was in a vegetative state does not make it right to painfully dehydrate/starve an otherwise healthy person to death for two long painful weeks for her herself and her entire family.

It still doesn't make it right to not allow ALL the evidence, statements, and whatnot come again before a new court that will again review everything in a CONTESTED matter over the LIFE OR DEATH of a person.

Thogmartin (the examiner) still says he does not know what caused Terri's collapse.

http://www.townhall.com/news/politics/200506/NAT20050615d.shtml

Spade a spade. All of the evidence was entered over a 12 yr ordeal, the family's side lost, hard to deal with but doesn't change the fact. Funny how just a while back people were screaming "where's the autopsy" and now that the autopsy doesn't prove their points of view they move back onto the same old hashed out bullshit.

This was a family matter pure and simple and like it or not Mr. Schiavo was the decision maker. Justice prevailed in this case despite the efforts of liberal Republicans and their weak effort to use the fed judiciary.

Just a question, what would religious zealots have said if a cyanide injection was administered instead of the feeding tube removal? I can tell ya, MURDER! just like they did because they are all hypocrites.

nosarcasm said:
time to apologize to her husband he was right you were wrong.

How about that?

It won't happen, they will just move on to the next tinfoil hat theory that comes down the pike.

OCA said:
Just a question, what would religious zealots have said if a cyanide injection was administered instead of the feeding tube removal? I can tell ya, MURDER! just like they did because they are all hypocrites.

Personally I would prefer that to starving them to death as a standard. If it is true that she wanted to die if she reached this state, then starvation is just a slow way of reaching the inevitable and only a way of equivocating and attempting to say, "we didn't kill her, we just stopped feeding her unnaturally".

The type of abuse that the family alleged (broken bones, etc.) would have shown on the autopsy. That there is none means that those who believed in such allegations of direct abuse should definitely offer an apology in spirit if not in actuality.

no1tovote4 said:
The type of abuse that the family alleged (broken bones, etc.) would have shown on the autopsy. That there is none means that those who believed in such allegations of direct abuse should definitely offer an apology in spirit if not in actuality.

Not gonna happen vote. Its inevitable that we will now hear what a scumbag he was for taking up with another woman even though back in 92 the parents testified under oath that they encouraged him to see other women!

What we have seen in this case is Republicans, or conservatives what ever the case may be, act exactly as Demos, slander the enemy and hope the allegations stick! Sickening if you ask me.

no1tovote4 said:

If a person was smothered and no bones were broken in the process...well there would be no evidence present on a autopsy performed some 15 years later...who knows what future medical advances will bring forward in the years to come...ie: DNA advances which opened many old cases! :scratch:

archangel said:
If a person was smothered and no bones were broken in the process...well there would be no evidence present on a autopsy preformed some 15 years later...who knows what future medical advances will bring forward in the years to come...cite:DNA advances which opened many old cases! :scratch:

My point is that the family alleged specific abuse based on the bone density test they believed that Michael had broken her bones, there is no evidence of that in the autopsy. Other forms could happen, but there is no current evidence of that. There were many who specifically brought forward the abuse of broken bones, etc while arguing for Schiavo's life, we now know those allegations to be specious and those who took them as fact should at the very least inwardly apologize.

archangel said:
If a person was smothered and no bones were broken in the process...well there would be no evidence present on a autopsy performed some 15 years later...who knows what future medical advances will bring forward in the years to come...ie: DNA advances which opened many old cases! :scratch:

I'm all for new technology and methods. There have been many people freed from prison because of the advances of DNA testing. I applaud anything that can be used to prove innocence or guilt.

Let's hope those cases are looked at due to factual evidence and not just heresay and people's opinions.

no1tovote4 said:
My point is that the family alleged specific abuse based on the bone density test they believed that Michael had broken her bones, there is no evidence of that in the autopsy. Other forms could happen, but there is no current evidence of that. There were many who specifically brought forward the abuse of broken bones, etc while arguing for Schiavo's life, we now know those allegations to be specious and those who took them as fact should at the very least inwardly apologize.

If I remember correctly...on the original complaint on fractures by the parents...there was some mention to the original medical report taken on Terri's admittance to the hospital...this document strangely dissappeared...was refused to be released by non other than "Michael" :wtf:

Forum List

Back