Scathing New SEAL Ad Blasts Obama for Literally ‘Bowing’ to Foreign Leaders

Does me make me ignorant?

Yes.. It makes you the quintessential dumb-shit American... A veritable "Quantum Windbag", if you will.. :lol:

See, like it or not, we share this rock with other cultures. I travel the world (in business), often with the CEO and CDO of my company (Both of whom are very conservative), even they know that you have observe the traditions of a culture. It shows a level of honor and respect for the culture of the people you are meeting face to face with.

I am sure your mother taught you manners (just like mine did), how you treat a foreigner is a direct representation of what you were taught as a child by your parents, or the lack thereof.

As I said previously, faux pas happen, even on a Presidential level. This is a perverted "non-issue" at best.

Actually, all you have to do is talk with people. They respect that a lot more than idiotic Americans that attempt to mimic cultural behavior without understanding it.

Personally, I would never bow to a foreign head of state.

And that is because you foolishly think bowing (in Asia) is a sign of weakness or servitude.

Actually, it isn't. Which is why all heads of state are comfortable doing it.

Can you explain why the Japanese media went out of its way to not show Obama bowing to the emperor?

I have never seen a picture of obama bowing to the Emperor and Empress of Japan. The picture that democrats usually trot out is obama actually bowing to the Mayor of Tokyo and his wife.

And it is a very deep bow. As was pointed out to me, the Mayor and his wife looked away which is what is respectful of those who are embarrassing themselves.

Most people respect the fact that different cultures are different. All you have to do is talk to them, and explain why your culture and religion makes doing certain things uncomfortable. The only people that have a problem with that are idiots and assholes.

You haven't travelled a lot, have you QW?

I'd really love to see you in Argentina, explaining in your no doubt non-existant Spanish that you do not want the hotel owner to kiss you when you check in.

Last edited:
Actually, all you have to do is talk with people. They respect that a lot more than idiotic Americans that attempt to mimic cultural behavior without understanding it.

I would be willing to bet that if Obama did just that, he would be chastised by the right.

Bowing to a Japanese person upon a first meeting is an "attempt" to mimic cultural behavior? I suppose the same can be said for them trying to shake your hand? Is it an "attempt" no matter what? Mind you: only crazy people deal in absolutes.

It's about being an educated world citizen, or an ambassador for America to other cultures, it is our "civic" duty when we travel abroad to show that we are capable of being mindful of the tradition that has rested on the foreign soil beneath our feet. These are often traditions the have been around 500-5000 years before the ink hit the paper on our constitution.

Don't like it? Do the rest of us a favor and stay home.

Most people respect the fact that different cultures are different. All you have to do is talk to them, and explain why your culture and religion makes doing certain things uncomfortable. The only people that have a problem with that are idiots and assholes.

Remember who gives you the freedom to travel a lot. :eusa_clap:

No head of state should bow to another. Obama was subservient, spin it all you want, it was bad, bad, bad.

But of course since you "travelled" (the correct spelling is traveled) a lot, you know better, you're sure about proper protocol for heads of state.

Yes.. It makes you the quintessential dumb-shit American... A veritable "Quantum Windbag", if you will.. :lol:

See, like it or not, we share this rock with other cultures. I travel the world (in business), often with the CEO and CDO of my company (Both of whom are very conservative), even they know that you have observe the traditions of a culture. It shows a level of honor and respect for the culture of the people you are meeting face to face with.

I am sure your mother taught you manners (just like mine did), how you treat a foreigner is a direct representation of what you were taught as a child by your parents, or the lack thereof.

As I said previously, faux pas happen, even on a Presidential level. This is a perverted "non-issue" at best.

Moron. :lol:

dancing.jpg

No head of state should bow to another. Obama was subservient, spin it all you want, it was bad, bad, bad.

But of course since you "travelled" (the correct spelling is traveled) a lot, you know better, you're sure about proper protocol for heads of state.

Protocol has been for Presidents to bow. It has never been an issue until Obama did it

Protocol has been for Presidents to bow. It has never been an issue until Obama did it

OK you're right there is no difference when you bow your head or your entire body from the waist up. You're so smart. :badgrin:

OK you're right there is no difference when you bow your head or your entire body from the waist up. You're so smart. :badgrin:

Is there really? What is the proper protocol for the bow?

How about holding hands with foreign leaders ?

saudi-king-abdullah-with-Bush.jpg

How about giving massages to foreign leaders?

bush-merkel-2.jpg

Its so confusing

Last edited:

Bingo.

Bullshit. It was NEVER 'protocol'. The leader of the free world... Obama.. Bush... Dubbya... Reagan... Clinton... whomever... is an EQUAL to foreign leaders. A head bow is acceptable, not a full bend at the waist. THAT, is an act of subservience, and is NOT protocol for the POTUS.

Forum List

Back