Scary Stuff on Suicide Bombers

By contrast, no threat (at first sight) might deter someone who is prepared to extinguish himself to advance his cause, and who considers such self-annihilation while killing as many strangers as possible a duty, an honor, and a merit that will win ample rewards in the hereafter.

Why I advocate dispatching terrorists when and where found. How are we supposed to know which ones will negotiate and which ones won't?

Only one logical conclusion to such a quandry ........

GunnyL said:
Why I advocate dispatching terrorists when and where found. How are we supposed to know which ones will negotiate and which ones won't?

Only one logical conclusion to such a quandry ........

I'll have to agree with you there.

I've read his stuff many times, this is the first time I wondered about his bio, so I looked it up. Interesting guy.

I hate suicide bombers. The only way to protect against them is to increase security so much that it ends up making our society so militaristic that we sacrifice freedoms in the name of security. We end up living in a police state, which is exactly what Muslim extremists want anyway!

I'm guessing the Quran passage that is being interpreted to support this practice is the one that states that anyone who dies defending Islam will be rewarded in heaven. I can understand that if it is in the context of dying in a real war or conflict fighting those who would try to suppress Islam, but isn't there a Quran passage that condemns those who murder innocent people?

Wouldn't real Muslims who are well-versed in the Quran seek to put an end to this practice by preaching against it in their communities? And how are young men being talked into this practice? Is it because they cannot read the Quran and are being talked into suicide by insane Imams? It's just hard for me to fathom.

Hagbard Celine said:
I hate suicide bombers. The only way to protect against them is to increase security so much that it ends up making our society so militaristic that we sacrifice freedoms in the name of security. We end up living in a police state, which is exactly what Muslim extremists want anyway!

I'm guessing the Quran passage that is being interpreted to support this practice is the one that states that anyone who dies defending Islam will be rewarded in heaven. I can understand that if it is in the context of dying in a real war or conflict fighting those who would try to suppress Islam, but isn't there a Quran passage that condemns those who murder innocent people?

Wouldn't real Muslims who are well-versed in the Quran seek to put an end to this practice by preaching against it in their communities? And how are young men being talked into this practice? Is it because they cannot read the Quran and are being talked into suicide by insane Imams? It's just hard for me to fathom.

You just hit the nail on the head. Allegedly, terrorists/extremists make up only a small percentage of Muslims. If this is so, and even if Muslims refuse to take an active hand against other Muslims in policing their own, they should be at least speaking out against them.

Problem is, the extremists have them all scared too. Muslims who speak out against them are murdered with as much fanfare as possible. That's why it's called "terrorism."

Forum List

Back