scariest movie ever?

Exorcist!

I was 15 when I first watched it and was scared to death. I went home, couldn't sleep, turned on the light to sleep with. This didn't help so I decided to turn on the radio and what was playing? Yep, the theme song from the Exorcist.

A few weeks later all my friends and I went to the movies...all wanted to see the Exorcist again so I went along. I actually laughed at the movie that time and wasn't scared. A few weeks later again, went to see it again...BOOM! I got scared all over again.

Whatthehell. I wasn't even alive then. How could *anything* be scary back then?

I take it you don't watch old flicks.

Good choice BTW.
Old scary movies are better than the new ones. They focused more on suspense than gore. Gore is a bore after a while. (Yeah, both)

The weather in my part of the country reminded me of this one. One of my favorites.
last_wave.jpg

Redrum! My girlfriend and I went to see Blazing Saddles at the midnight movie and it was sold out, went to The Shining instead......... the opening scene with the blood flooding out of the elevator started it out in a really scary way. The kid, Shelly Duvals faces and of course Nicholson....... oh and the two little girls, had nightmares for weeks.

The first day The Exorcist was playing we had a crit scheduled in my architectural design class, at the last minute the professor came in and postponed it and gave us class off, we pulled out a big tobacco pipe and filled it with hash, smoked it between 3 of us and rushed to see the first showing. From the scene where the 2 dogs were fighting in the beginning, I didn't use the back of my seat. I saw Linda Blairs face is dark windows for a long time. "Your Mother sucks cocks in hell!" is about as rude of a statement that can be made to a son, her possessed voice was beyond evil. A few of my friends sitting behind me had dropped some acid for it, they were never the same....... they were both killed a year later when they flew a little Piper into a giant thunderhead after partying all night in Houston, their plane was ripped to pieces.:eek:

What was the scariest movie you ever saw?
cabin fever and just because it has a lasting effect on you. I will never drink from a lemonade stand again. Arnachindaphobia is up there also, I couldn't sleep for a week and when I took a shower I was kept my eye on the drain and shower head the whole time.
I don't do well with scary movies.:eusa_pray:

I'll let you know when I see a movie that actually manages to at least make me nervous.

Jeepers Kreepers came close ... so I guess that one counts so far ...

BTW, I have to follow that up with The Blair Witch.

Now don't laugh, but when that movie first came out, and if you saw it in a theater, and (though everyone suspected it was fake) no one was really sure if it was real or not and the way they ended it.

That was damn scary.

They made a lame sequel to that lame movie already ... oh, did I mention it was lame?

Phantasm hands down.

The Shining.

The Last Man On Earth with Vincent Price.

Phantasm was not scary, it was VERY fascinating though, I loved the twists in the last one, Saw tried to follow suit with the plot type but failed.

Shining ... blech.

Lastly, as much as I love V.P. flicks, never once has he even made me so much as twitch.

Forum List

Back