scariest movie ever?

BTW, I have to follow that up with The Blair Witch.

Now don't laugh, but when that movie first came out, and if you saw it in a theater, and (though everyone suspected it was fake) no one was really sure if it was real or not and the way they ended it.

That was damn scary.

Agreed.. The end of the movie *really* freaked me out.

I know movie snobs shudder at listing anything within two decades in a "best" list, but that movie was so original, you have to give it credit. It was really at the forefront of the "reality" genre.

Plus, those six kids and their video camera made a fucking mint.

I think the Exorcist is the scariest movie ever. Psycho was scary, too.

I stopped watching scary movies a long time ago. I can't handle them. It means I have to sleep with all the lights on in the house for 2 weeks afterwards.

Are the lights going to protect you from whatever's lurking behind the door, under the bed, or in the garage?

(I say under the bed, because mine had monsters as a child, and I had to jump from the doorway to the bed because I was afraid to walk in front of it after seeing something scary...but I turned the light OUT so they couldn't find me!)
StoP IT!!! I won't be able to sleep tonight!!!!:eek:

Ever lay there stone still in a pitch black room with your eyes wide open, in the middle of the bed, as silent as you can be, barely daring to breath, because if you breath, you might miss the rustle that tells you the monster is there, just waiting for you to blink so it can reach up and grab you?

I've spent many nights in creaky old country houses all alone, I walked in the woods late at night and also through so called dangerous inner city parks and neighborhoods and none of those thing scare me much.

But a scary movie will do me in. I just have to hear the music and I'm done.

I've spent many nights in creaky old country houses all alone, I walked in the woods late at night and also through so called dangerous inner city parks and neighborhoods and none of those thing scare me much.

But a scary movie will do me in. I just have to hear the music and I'm done.

What a strange psyche. Most people are just the opposite.

I love your handle BTW.

"Bane of the urbane" LOL. I have to scrawl that down and use it somewhere (and claim it as my own).

Hah. Try watching one in the dark, and hearing your back door slam, even though you're home alone in a new house, in a new city.....

Are the lights going to protect you from whatever's lurking behind the door, under the bed, or in the garage?

(I say under the bed, because mine had monsters as a child, and I had to jump from the doorway to the bed because I was afraid to walk in front of it after seeing something scary...but I turned the light OUT so they couldn't find me!)

Ever lay there stone still in a pitch black room with your eyes wide open, in the middle of the bed, as silent as you can be, barely daring to breath, because if you breath, you might miss the rustle that tells you the monster is there, just waiting for you to blink so it can reach up and grab you?

Why are you torturing me? You know this means I will have to come sleep at your house now for the next two weeks. Your electric bill is gonna kill you.

Why are you torturing me? You know this means I will have to come sleep at your house now for the next two weeks. Your electric bill is gonna kill you.

Sorry.. The shed in back doesn't have electricity... But there are a couple rakes out there you can use, and a shovel.

What a strange psyche. Most people are just the opposite.

I love your handle BTW.

"Bane of the urbane" LOL. I have to scrawl that down and use it somewhere (and claim it as my own).
I created that for jillian. She used to PM me to tell me I wasn't as urbane as I thought I was. :lol:

Now don't laugh, but when that movie first came out, and if you saw it in a theater, and (though everyone suspected it was fake) no one was really sure if it was real or not and the way they ended it.

That was damn scary.

Agreed.. The end of the movie *really* freaked me out.

I know movie snobs shudder at listing anything within two decades in a "best" list, but that movie was so original, you have to give it credit. It was really at the forefront of the "reality" genre.

Plus, those six kids and their video camera made a fucking mint.
I will never ever watch that movie. Even the reviews made the hair stand up on my neck.

Why are you torturing me? You know this means I will have to come sleep at your house now for the next two weeks. Your electric bill is gonna kill you.[/quote]
Sorry.. The shed in back doesn't have electricity... But there are a couple rakes out there you can use, and a shovel.
to kill you???:confused:
Why so you could come back as a ghost and haunt me till go mad or something?

Last edited:

That was damn scary.

I couldn't stand that movie...I found nothing scary in it at all, just the "f" word every 2 seconds, I ended up watching most of the movie with the sound down. I think what scared everyone was the language they used rather than the situation. I just found the whole thing annoying.

1982's The Thing is in the running. When that head sprouted legs and skittered away, freaked my shit.

Only for those that didn't see the original.

I'm still gonna have to go with the original "The Haunting". If you haven't seen it, get it. The only special effects in the whole thing is bulging doors. The camera angles and the sounds made it very scary.

Forum List

Back