scares me

When I was a young fellow about the age of 8, we had a family friend named "Calvin C." who was a barber. My Dad knew him from WWII as they both served together in the Navy and were from the same hometown. Well, anyway, I was getting my haircut and Calvin lathered up around my ears and got the straight razor to trim my hair in that area. I thought it was a bit odd because it had never been done to me before. Calvin made a couple of passes with the razor and yelled "Oh My God!" and threw a rubber ear on the floor in front of me. I just knew my ear had been cut off and I slapped my hand up to my ear real quick and was pretty afraid until I felt my real ear where it was supposed to be. To me it wasn't funny at the time but over the years it became a great conversation starter when at Calvin's barber shop. I was truly scared out of my socks for a moment or two.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=14pIrRclWTY]YouTube - The Fly - Help Me! redone[/ame]

Scared the freakin' shit out of me.

I thought it said 'what scared you the most'.

Who? My aunt Helene used to tell really, really good - but scary - stories. They kept me up at night.

But that damn scene from the original 'The Fly' movie . . . I was about 7 or 8 when I saw it . . . . cripes, didn't sleep for a week it scared me so. Bad enough it was a guy's head on a fly . . .but caught in a web with that nasty, gnarly spider about to eat it? Just shoot me. My brothers delighted in my fear, whispering into my room at night 'help me, help me'. Bastards. :lol:

Wizard of Oz....flying monkeys

That's my favorite movie and I was never scared of any of it. I remember that it was only one once a year and I had to be home when it was on. They used to show it in spring, maybe around Easter and even when I was in my early 20's and still living at home if it was on tv on a Friday night I wouldn't go out until it was over. My friends used to roll their eyes. lol They just didn't get it. I can still remember the very first time I saw it when Dorothy opened the door (after she landed in Munchkin Land) and it was color. :)

Forum List

Back