CDZ Scare Tactics...Are They Legitimate

Nutz

Gold Member
Feb 27, 2014
I don't necessarily want this to be a political thread, because both sides use scare tactics...whether it is the GOP hates black people or the Dems are the new slave owners...whatever...irrelevant. Is using scare tactics a legitimate and ethical way to market an ideal or product. Sure, it could be considered preying on the stupid or propaganda to promote a message? Again, not political because is it ethical for a company to use scare tactics to market a product....maybe marketing Ebola protection kits...end of the world products...whatever. Maybe it is a Christian saying you will burn in hell for sinning or an Atheist saying that religions are destroying the world.

Do you buy into the scare tactics...do you incorporate them into your arguments or decision making process?

• Banned
The only thing better is subliminal messages from corporations to cause mass consumerism...
Isn't that illegal?
Only if you are caught.....
That is everyhting!

Have you ever been convinced to buy something because of scare tactics?
Prophylactics...
:rofl:
:lmao:

Me too! But that is legitimate fear if you ever knew some of the women I ran with.
This was the 1970's!!!

Isn't that illegal?
Only if you are caught.....
That is everyhting!

Have you ever been convinced to buy something because of scare tactics?
Prophylactics...
:rofl:
:lmao:

Me too! But that is legitimate fear if you ever knew some of the women I ran with.
This was the 1970's!!!
I would say, 'raw deal' but that's sorta backwards!

The only thing better is subliminal messages from corporations to cause mass consumerism...

What's weird is the reality that us the consumer want the products. Do you wish to take away our choices?
Do you really need a shirt blanket?

Is this your way of debate? I asked a very real question to you and you responded like this.
You asked a very random question that isn't necessarily relevant...what is your point?

What's weird is the reality that us the consumer want the products. Do you wish to take away our choices?
:lol: What is the subliminal message? Sex?

I like your topic about subliminal messages better!
I was a film/TV/ radio major and was able to see many commercials with subliminal messaging....Though now it is more of a redundant reiteration for mind sets.....where else but in the USA can you save money by buying something you don't need...

Is this your way of debate? I asked a very real question to you and you responded like this.
The consumers were lead down this path that broke the self sustaining, self reliance camel's back in the US social strata...thrifty was what Americans were raised on, not mass consumerism....I for one would like to see more of what we need at a decent price and quality over the mass production of manufactured obsolescence goods...

Shouldn't the individual make that choice? If I want to spend 1,000 dollar on a smart t.v and a samsung s5. That is what I call freedom.

Also, these corps employs people and that means jobs. Sure, I want to see competition and lower prices as you do.

I was a film/TV/ radio major and was able to see many commercials with subliminal messaging....Though now it is more of a redundant reiteration for mind sets.....where else but in the USA can you save money by buying something you don't need...
Well yeah...but that is more of a culture than the effects of advertising. We are in the age of want as opposed to needs.

Well yeah...but that is more of a culture than the effects of advertising. We are in the age of want as opposed to needs.
You can tell by how corpulent the population is evolving into....

Forum List

Back