Scapegoats and their slurs

How many times have I heard the expression, "The youth of today..." spoken with disgust.

Young people include all races, religions, genders, ethnicities etc so I think I agree with you. Youth is the biggest scapegoat.

But who would be the biggest scapegoat of the 15 to 25 year old set?

Perhaps the teenage mothers that you mentioned. I've seen a lot of hatred there, as well as a significant amount of state harassment. As with the "welfare cheat" that the mass media enjoys depicting (even the local news stations have started calling Nadia Suleman "Octamom" at this point), they are universally despised and "frowned upon."

That's interesting. I would have thought the scapegoat of youth would be school administrators, parents, military recruiters, the police and last but not least, younger siblings.
That's what I recall from my teens. At 20 to 25 it was Parisians from the 16th arrondissment, North Africans, French people who hated North Africans, university administrators, restaurant managers in any shape and size and Rebublicans.

That's interesting. I would have thought the scapegoat of youth would be school administrators, parents, military recruiters, the police and last but not least, younger siblings.
That's what I recall from my teens. At 20 to 25 it was Parisians from the 16th arrondissment, North Africans, French people who hated North Africans, university administrators, restaurant managers in any shape and size and Rebublicans.

Oh. You meant the biggest target that they scapegoated? Perhaps children. They address them and speak of them with the contempt that legal adults speak of them with.

Oh. You meant the biggest target that they scapegoated? Perhaps children. They address them and speak of them with the contempt that legal adults speak of them with.
Heh, things haven't changed much then. :lol:

Of the available selections, teenage single moms would be the winner, as would youth in general.
How many times have I heard the expression, "The youth of today..." spoken with disgust.

Young people include all races, religions, genders, ethnicities etc so I think I agree with you. Youth is the biggest scapegoat.

But who would be the biggest scapegoat of the 15 to 25 year old set?

The "man"

Forum List

Back