Scapegoats and their slurs

Anguille

Bane of the Urbane
Mar 8, 2008
What are currently the favorite scapegoats of the public in general and what are the goats called by the scapers?

I'm thinking of doing a poll.

Here are a few to start:

Teenaged single moms

Their offspring

Their fathers

Jews

Muslims

Liberals

Maudes

what say you?

What are currently the favorite scapegoats of the public in general and what are the goats called by the scapers?

I'm thinking of doing a poll.

Here are a few to start:

Teenaged single moms

Their offspring

Their fathers

Jews

Muslims

Liberals

Maudes

what say you?

trolls :lol:

Phew!!!!!! I saw you posted in the thread and immediately guessed you said "eel ladies".

Does that make me a victim of my own victimology?

Or just a quack?

Being a troll just includes me in your group. It doesn't exclude me. Maybe that 'scaped your attention.

:smoke:

Phew!!!!!! I saw you posted in the thread and immediately guessed you said "eel ladies".

Does that make me a victim of my own victimology?

Or just a quack?

Eel ladies was my first choice but I didn't want to hurt your feelings so early in the AM. :lol:
I know how much you idolize me.

Not to completely change the subject, but something ALL pundits say, and ALL politicians say.... *LOOK*. Bugs the crap out of me. What do they want me to "LOOK" at? I thought I was "LISTENING" to them, but now they want me to "LOOK." At what?

Not to completely change the subject, but something ALL pundits say, and ALL politicians say.... *LOOK*. Bugs the crap out of me. What do they want me to "LOOK" at? I thought I was "LISTENING" to them, but now they want me to "LOOK." At what?

I hate that - it's guaranteed to get me wound up. Someone pulls that shit on me in a conversation or discussion and I reach for the nearest blunt object. It's a red rag to me because hostilities will commence shortly after the first "Look".

Also, I notice that religious conservatives are a huge favorite scapegoat, as well. Of course, I prefer scaping them.

And, if this country experiences a massive natural disaster, I'm pretty sure the lesbians are to blame.

Of the available selections, teenage single moms would be the winner, as would youth in general.
How many times have I heard the expression, "The youth of today..." spoken with disgust.

Young people include all races, religions, genders, ethnicities etc so I think I agree with you. Youth is the biggest scapegoat.

But who would be the biggest scapegoat of the 15 to 25 year old set?

How many times have I heard the expression, "The youth of today..." spoken with disgust.

Young people include all races, religions, genders, ethnicities etc so I think I agree with you. Youth is the biggest scapegoat.

But who would be the biggest scapegoat of the 15 to 25 year old set?

Perhaps the teenage mothers that you mentioned. I've seen a lot of hatred there, as well as a significant amount of state harassment. As with the "welfare cheat" that the mass media enjoys depicting (even the local news stations have started calling Nadia Suleman "Octamom" at this point), they are universally despised and "frowned upon."

What's amusing is that I've heard fat people claim that their plight is akin to being discriminated against as a result of race, sex, or sexual orientation, while ignoring the rather obvious fact that the former traits are immutable characteristics.

Forum List

Back