Scam Baiting

Nevadamedic

Jul 13, 2007
Diagon Alley
I have mentioned on here in the past about the splace in life I am at and how I am really looking to find someone to settle down with and have a family. Someone that I can call or text when I think about them, soemone I can bring flowers home to for no other reason then to see her smile, someone who every time I talk to I get butterflies, someone who will ask me how my day went and actually care etc.

Well that being said I decided to try the internet dating scene. I joined a couple of dating websites and one of them Cupid.com I became a paying member. Just about every other person I emailed on there gave me a very simular response, most used is I am an art dealer and I travel the world and I am in Nigeria right now, or I met someone one online and I came to see them over here in Nigeria and when I got there he took my money and left me stranded here all alone.

Then sometimes you get a response where the person give you a pretty detailed response and they seem legit. So I give them my yahoo Messenger username and we start talking and then they start talking about being stuck in Nigeria.

It kinda pisses me off being I paid good money to get on a website just to get scammed. It is sick that they would prey on someone who just wants companionship. I get those stupid emails daily about a business deal in Nigeria or someone died and if ou pay the bank a certain amount of money you will get millions, but I never thought I would actually be talking to one of these guys one on one.

I did some research and there are actually ways to bait the scammers. I think it is a good idea because if you are keeping them busy they cant scam someone else.

I am going to try this, has anyone here done this sort of thing? If so please share your experiences or tips, and if you have any trophies please post them here. I will also post Yahoo Messenger names of these creeps when I come across them.

If you want some more information check this website out Welcome to the 419 Eater

Or

Scam baiting - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Forum List

Back