Scalia and the Article V movement

I think conservatives have been pleased with some results of the Supreme Court, like Citizens United and some recent decisions bolstering the Second Amendment. And let's not forget Gore v. Bush, a decision which made Bush President by a 5-4 majority. That decision was so ridiculous they had to depublish it (which means it is not precedent and can't be cited as good law).

Call a convention and you get a runaway, a new Constitution, like last time. Go for it.
That horseshit has already been debunked. All the convention can do is propose amendments, and every one of those amendments has to be approved by 3/4 of the state legislatures.

How can there be a "runaway convention?"
Because, dummy. no one can control what happens once a CC is called, no one.

The control is that 3/4 of state legislatures have to agree.

Call a convention and you get a runaway, a new Constitution, like last time. Go for it.
That horseshit has already been debunked. All the convention can do is propose amendments, and every one of those amendments has to be approved by 3/4 of the state legislatures.

That's not control. That kind of control got us an entirely new constitution, the current one.

That's not control. That kind of control got us an entirely new constitution, the current one.

Outside of a very narrow field of mandates, the states are the ultimate power in America, as was originally intended.

Outside of a very narrow field of mandates, the states are the ultimate power in America, as was originally intended.
So, go for it? No one is stopping you. The Constitution should have been tossed by 1810...

"On similar ground it may be proved that no society can make a perpetual constitution, or even a perpetual law. The earth belongs always to the living generation.
They may manage it then, and what proceeds from it, as they please, during their usufruct. They are masters too of their own persons, and consequently may govern them as they please. But persons and property make the sum of the objects of government. The constitution and the laws of their predecessors extinguished then in their natural course with those who gave them being. This could preserve that being till it ceased to be itself, and no longer. Every constitution then, and every law, naturally expires at the end of 19 years. If it be enforced longer, it is an act of force, and not of right.--It may be said that the succeeding generation exercising in fact the power of repeal, this leaves them as free as if the constitution or law has been expressly limited to 19 years only." - Thomas Jefferson to James Madison
Popular Basis of Political Authority: Thomas Jefferson to James Madison

PMH sees the chance for liberals to impose their tyranny on us slipping away.

The Founders hated democracy. I agree.

You were never meant to have a vote, it's the end if you do... Why Our Founders Feared a Democracy

Last edited:

You were never meant to have a vote, it's the end if you do...

Does your response have anything to do with what I posted?

Yep, the pitchforks (conservatives, AKA, the stupid) were never meant to have a say, You are unworthy...

Yep, the pitchforks (conservatives, AKA, the stupid) were never meant to have a say, You are unworthy...
I still don't see how your response has any connection to what I posted.

Are you crying again?

Are you crying again?
Nope, just reminding those here why the Founders didn't give them a vote...

Forum List

Back