SC rules in favor of 2nd amendment

And yet more people including children die every year due to car usage then guns. Ohh wait, that is an acceptable loss. More people die in our hospitals due to bad decisions by health care providers then by guns, yet that is an acceptable loss.

In fact murder by doctor/nurse and murder by car is an entirely different crime and much easier to beat or be reduced to meaninglessness.

Let me know when THOSE figures bother you.

The supreme court has once again demonstrated its fascist tilt with a ruling that removes a state's right to make its own decision.

D.C. isn't a State. It's under federal jurisdiction.

Also, the fascism argument is extremely weak. Fascist governments don't typically allow their citizens to be armed - they're more interested in taking that right away from people.

As for State's rights - are you in favor of State's rights across the board, then? Gay marriage, abortion, etc.?

If you own a gun, you are three times more likely to die from gun violence. Guns are mostly a danger to their owners.

if you drive or are a passenger in an automobile, you are 100,000,000 times more likely to get in an auto accident than someone who never rides, drives an automobile.

The supreme court has once again demonstrated its fascist tilt with a ruling that removes a state's right to make its own decision.
States don't have a right to violate the US Constitution.
Never mind that DC isnt a state.

Activist judges have interpreted a 200 year old rule as if we all lived in Mayberry.
What standing ruling did the court overturn?

Last edited:
Profound :cuckoo:

Obviously by merit of owning a gun, you're more likely to be killed by your own gun than someone who doesn't own a gun.

Any 2-year-old can tell you that if you don't own a gun, your chances of being killed by your own gun approach zero.

But your chance of using lethal force during, say, a home invasion, approaches zero as well.

If I'm every killed by one of my fine firearms (I won't be), anyone is free to come mock me at my funeral.

But if you're ever victimized by violent crime, don't ask for my sympathy. I have no respect for those who voluntarily disarm themselves.

Nice article about guns in homes...

washingtonpost.com

Forum List

Back