sayonara

I've been getting negged by knuckle dragging mouth breathers all day. The last message from catsmeow told me to go die in a fire.

I don't need this kind of behavior and I certainly don't appreciate that particular message as fire claimed someone very dear to me.

If this is what's next or new or now accepted on this board, I cannot participate.

So much for faith in today's youth. I have to believe that someone capable of such vitriol is just a dumbass kid typing away in Daddy's basement. I will miss the sober, mature posters here, and pity the idiots their lack of decorum.

May God's face be lifted unto you and may He give you peace.

Nosmo

Expose the fools for who and what they are...

I've noticed that many members play along to get along, some are quite hateful, some are complete cowards, some act nice but eventually show their true colors with threats, some yip around threads like puppy dogs begging for favors, most revel in groups with the same moronic attacks and buddy buddy suck-holing.

I'm thinking it's better to stand and fight back...it's far more rewarding than what your doing.

Wondering which group I fall into....:confused:

Yeah, a true gentleman who said CF's ass would be his in prison.

A real prince.

Sorry, not buying it.

I don't get into personal spitting matches. You know I consider you a friend and I consider CF a friend. And both of you have been guilty of saying stuff as bad or worse than that. Probably me too if I was sufficiently provoked. And I can't imagine Nosmo saying something like that unprovoked.

Gang neg rep against somebody who is just conducting a discussion and sparring on a hotheaded thread is still wrong. I expect it of liberal trolls. I don't expect it from conservatives.

that's funny. b/c i know it's done by rightwingnut trolls.

and i use that term separate and apart from real "conservatives"...

Yeah, a true gentleman who said CF's ass would be his in prison.

A real prince.

Sorry, not buying it.

I don't get into personal spitting matches. You know I consider you a friend and I consider CF a friend. And both of you have been guilty of saying stuff as bad or worse than that. Probably me too if I was sufficiently provoked. And I can't imagine Nosmo saying something like that unprovoked.

Gang neg rep against somebody who is just conducting a discussion and sparring on a hotheaded thread is still wrong. I expect it of liberal trolls. I don't expect it from conservatives.

that's funny. b/c i know it's done by rightwingnut trolls.

and i use that term separate and apart from real "conservatives"...

So you expect it of rightwing trolls. Do you expect it from leftists/progressives/liberals?

I don't condone it from either side. I can avoid the threads that start out as or degenerate into food fights and pissing matches. And while I don't pretend to understand why people seem to think it is fun to engage in such activity, I allow them their fun and just find something else to do.

But, regardless of their politics or socioeconomic leanings, when one of the better guys or gals is driven off the board because that kind of childish stupidity becomes intolerable, those of us who aren't juvenile brats, trolls, and bullies do feel diminished and are saddened.

You have a few conservatives trying to support a liberal here. Might want to consider that for just a moment.

If I tell someone their ass is mine it means I'm about to whup some ass........

And further, if I ever typed a line like "I'll have your ass in prison", it would mean that your ass belongs in prison and would have zero sexual implications of any kind attached to it.

Yeah, Nosmo isn't in prison. He was speaking specifically to a scenario that included both of them in prison.

The specifics really aren't that important. The thing is he was into it with another poster, they both said nasty things, he left in a huff...big deal. But to paint him as some sort of saint and example of all things to be admired online is just a little bit silly. Just because he doesn't regularly tell people to kill themselves or spout "so and so should be raped" doesn't make him the epitome of perfect behavior.

Sheesh.

Yeah, Nosmo isn't in prison. He was speaking specifically to a scenario that included both of them in prison.

The specifics really aren't that important. The thing is he was into it with another poster, they both said nasty things, he left in a huff...big deal. But to paint him as some sort of saint and example of all things to be admired online is just a little bit silly. Just because he doesn't regularly tell people to kill themselves or spout "so and so should be raped" doesn't make him the epitome of perfect behavior.

Sheesh.

I didn' paint him as a Saint. I was pretty explicit that he isn't any more of a saint than any of us are. He is as human as the next person and just as capable of saying something outrageous or retalitory when sufficiently provoked. You've done it. I've done it. Probably at some point we've all done it.

But for the most part he does use judicious restraint in his commentary, and he is a really good guy who is capable of thoughtful insights, intelligent rebuttal, compassion, and concern. He is articulate and offers us some great, well thought out posts.

As opposed to some who almost NEVER have anything to contribute but some insult or hateful stupid comment, he is an asset to USMB. We need to encourage more like him, not drive them off because of unrestrained hatefulness and vindictiveness that becomes intolerable after awhile.

Pssst...I didn't drive him off. You're way too ready to believe bad of people. He didn't name any names, he didn't share the negs. When I asked Salt Jones to share, in a situation sort of similar (claim of excessive negging) lo and behold, his "excessive negging" was one person over a period of 3 months, who knows how long ago...

They're playing games. It's games when they try to get you to neg, and it's games when they try to guilt you out of negging.

Even through all of this nobody's perfect discussion, Nosmo did one good thing in his favor. He fought back with equal fire only, as bad as that was, it shouldn't have had to come to that. Nosmo King is a man of high and peerless principles in spite of himself.

Men had different expectations set upon themselves than women, from the cradle, at least in my generation. One thing they are to do, taught at their daddy's (and sometimes mother's) knee, is to never, never cower before other men under fire. That is what Nosmo did to a precision level. He shot back equal cannon at the cannoner. No more, no less. No matter how bad it looked, he did not cower, he fired back exactly as he was fired upon. In short, he did what a man is expected to do and what women are never desired to do if you cut to the honest chase. Politically correct? NO. Actuality and real world? Yes.

I think Nosmo King should come back, and I think he left for being too hard on himself for having to do what was expected of him from early life on. If you know Nosmo King, please contact him and tell him a lot of people think he should come back and is thought of as well as anyone else who landed in that same position as him yesterday--flamed beyond all ration.

That's just this person's opinion. Someone else can have the soapbox now. :rolleyes:

Last edited:
I too, think Nosmo should come back. I realize that kind of talk had to hurt, but there is more he can do by staying and many are supporting him here. Please reconsider, Nosmo.

I too, think Nosmo should come back. I realize that kind of talk had to hurt, but there is more he can do by staying and many are supporting him here. Please reconsider, Nosmo.

Nahhh.... this is more fun to do :D

11b4c459.jpg

Last edited:

Forum List

Back