Saying hello

Hello and Welcome.....guess you'll be getting a cat avi soon ay??
One where the cat is holding a can of booze and leaning to one side?? ~LoL~

Bon jour, tipsy. Welcome, The world can't have enough Conservatives.

From the old Ronald Reagan joke about the California Republican meeting the farmer while campaigning through one of the central valleys "Lemme go get Maww. She's never seen a Republican before."

Hello and Welcome.....guess you'll be getting a cat avi soon ay??
One where the cat is holding a can of booze and leaning to one side?? ~LoL~

I don't have one! I'll use it if you got it.

Tipsycatlover, I bing'd "free cat picture for avatars and found this free cat avatar website that you can right click and transfer to here. I dont know your taste in cats, but there are some choices there and elsewhere. The conservative in me just naturally looks for shared and copyright free stuff. If they're not, let me know.

I'm on the conservative side, hope to make many new friends.
Welcme!

Does your house smell like cat piss, like every cat owners house smells like cat piss?:eusa_whistle:

I've heard you say this before. It's not true. I have six cats and my house does not smell like cat pee. I've had a lot of people tell me this. My cats never pee outside their cat boxes, and I clean the cat boxes daily. Daily. I NEVER skip doing it.

I couldn't stand living in a house that smelled like cat pee. And don't tell me that people get used to it and can't smell it anymore. I did once live in a situation where it smelled like cat piss, and I never got used to it.

So there. I guess I'm the exception to your rule, huh?

I'm on the conservative side, hope to make many new friends.
Welcme!

Does your house smell like cat piss, like every cat owners house smells like cat piss?:eusa_whistle:

No, no, no, cat or any odors in my digs. Period. Just clean smelling. I went through a few cat litter products and there was an ammonia odor and then I tried one that has worked for 8 years for my indoor feline, and that is Purina Tidy Cats, scoop for multiple cats. Orange labels. If you use this for your cat, and scoop out any deposits every day, there will be noooo odor. It's great stuff and even smells good. :) Fortunately my cat took to it well.

Wow, AquaAthena, that's the same litter I use! I tried the blue label one (immediate odor control) once and it was terrible. Didn't control odors well at all. But the orange (red) label for multiple cats is great. You still have to scoop it out every day, though, as you and I seem to realize.

I see people in the store buying that blue label one and I want to tell them to buy the orange/red label instead, but I just mind my own business. Maybe the blue label works okay for them.

Tipsycatlover, I bing'd "free cat picture for avatars and found this free cat avatar website that you can right click and transfer to here. I dont know your taste in cats, but there are some choices there and elsewhere. The conservative in me just naturally looks for shared and copyright free stuff. If they're not, let me know.

I went there and found a bunch of really cute ones, but they are all copyrighted. I couldn't copy one. Maybe I'll run across something suitable.

Sorry about that, tipsycatlover. I keep putting "free clipart" into my search engine and coming up with "royalty-free clipart" with a price tag on them. I thought that one was ok. My bad.

If you had photobucket, you could pull out your own cat photo, load it, crop it, and bring it here. All my cat pics are in my old computer that crashed and is in the attic now. :(

Last edited:
I cropped mine from a cheezburger picture. Do I need to turn myself in to the FBI?

128888171135652775.jpg

Welcme!

No, no, no, cat or any odors in my digs. Period. Just clean smelling. I went through a few cat litter products and there was an ammonia odor and then I tried one that has worked for 8 years for my indoor feline, and that is Purina Tidy Cats, scoop for multiple cats. Orange labels. If you use this for your cat, and scoop out any deposits every day, there will be noooo odor. It's great stuff and even smells good. :) Fortunately my cat took to it well.

Wow, AquaAthena, that's the same litter I use! I tried the blue label one (immediate odor control) once and it was terrible. Didn't control odors well at all. But the orange (red) label for multiple cats is great. You still have to scoop it out every day, though, as you and I seem to realize.

I see people in the store buying that blue label one and I want to tell them to buy the orange/red label instead, but I just mind my own business. Maybe the blue label works okay for them.

The blue label one didn't work well for me either. Has to be the orange. Glad you brought this forth, because I wanted to add something that day but had to rush off as I have to again, in a minute now..lol

A couple of months ago, another litter brand was on sale for two dollars less than my standard one and I bought it to check it out. I was miserable for weeks, as I could smell a slight odor and it's litter consistency was difficult to remove with the cat scoop so I dumped it all and immediately, cleansed and sanitized the pan and went back to Purina Tidy Cats, with orange/reddish label.

For additional odor control I use the Van Ness enclosed cat litter pan, with a swinging door for ingress and egress. No odors with the right cat litter and pan and regular removal. I actually stopped going to a neighbor's house because of the rancid ammonia cat odor. She has allergies and can't smell it, so I clued her in on all I have typed just now...:lol:

Forum List

Back