say what?

del

Diamond Member
Sep 3, 2008
on a one way cul-de-sac
"The president even did a call yesterday with liberal bloggers, including those from MyDD and Crooks and Liars, saying: "I know the blogs are best at debunking myths that can slip through a lot of the traditional media outlets. And that is why you are going to play such an important role in our success in the weeks to come."
Howard Kurtz - Health Crossroads - washingtonpost.com

i'm sorry but this is fucked.

POTUS shouldn't need to rally the bloggers.

"The president even did a call yesterday with liberal bloggers, including those from MyDD and Crooks and Liars, saying: "I know the blogs are best at debunking myths that can slip through a lot of the traditional media outlets. And that is why you are going to play such an important role in our success in the weeks to come."

Is he admitting that the media isn't doing their job?
Kinda like when they failed to report on who the hell he is.

should make kathianne happy. She's a bloggers long lost love child....

i trace my roots to telegraphy....

-.-- --- ..- / .- -. -.. / -- . / -... --- - .... .-.-.- / - .... . / .. -.. . .- / - .... .- - / --- -... .- -- .- / - ..- .-. -. ... / - --- / - .... . ... . / -... .-.. --- --. --. . .-. ... / .. ... / ... --- .-. - / --- ..-. / ... .- -.. .-.-.- / -.. .- .-. - .... / ...- .- -.. . .-. .-.-.-

:lol: Liberal bloggers are best at debunking myths. :lol:

Obama the idiot speaks again. I can't even listen to him anymore. He oozes stupid.

• Thanks
Reactions: del
Once again, Obama isn't taking questions, he issues press releases and calls it information on what we need to know.

I know the blogs are best at debunking myths that can slip through a lot of the traditional media outlets.

Bull shit, he knows blogs are best at CREATING myths and giving them life, so he's using them because they won't ask him tough questions.

He's calling on the bloggers to spread lies and propaganda. It's that simple. It's pure marxism.

Maybe he's giving nods to DailyKOS, Huffington, etc. etc. etc. Bwhahahahaha.....

Sorry, but maybe he's missing the adulation to which he's become accustomed?

Maybe he's giving nods to DailyKOS, Huffington, etc. etc. etc. Bwhahahahaha.....

Sorry, but maybe he's missing the adulation to which he's become accustomed?
exactly
he wont give ALL bloggers access
just those he knows will buy his crap 100%

but i'm sure the MSM wont like that treatment much
LOL

When you consider the wingnut universe of corporate think tank backed propaganda, it is essential that a democracy use all the tools of all the people to try to get the some semblance of truth out for debate and review.

Consider Glenn Beck's or Coulter or any of the corporate tools books, and how the corporations purchase and distribute them to the like minded and other tools, and you realize quickly a counter tactic is required. People only have so much time and when pure BS is all that is available they start to believe it.

A story from Newsmax or any of the other wingnut source is quickly disseminated in the msm and blogesphere - social reality becomes a fiction. Someone has to speak for the average working American.

[ame=http://www.amazon.com/Invisible-Hands-Making-Conservative-Movement/dp/0393059308/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1247845984&sr=1-1]Amazon.com: Invisible Hands: The Making of the Conservative Movement from the New Deal to Reagan: Kim Phillips-Fein: Books[/ame]

"Historian Phillips-Fein traces the hidden history of the Reagan revolution to a coterie of business executives, including General Electric official and Reagan mentor Lemuel Boulware, who saw labor unions, government regulation, high taxes and welfare spending as dire threats to their profits and power. From the 1930s onward, the author argues, they provided the money, organization and fervor for a decades-long war against New Deal liberalism—funding campaigns, think tanks, magazines and lobbying groups, and indoctrinating employees in the virtues of unfettered capitalism."

Think tanks - SourceWatch

"If you tell a lie big enough and keep repeating it, people will eventually come to believe it. The lie can be maintained only for such time as the State can shield the people from the political, economic and/or military consequences of the lie. It thus becomes vitally important for the State to use all of its powers to repress dissent, for the truth is the mortal enemy of the lie, and thus by extension, the truth is the greatest enemy of the State." Joseph Goebbels, Nazi Propaganda Minister

Last edited:
"If you tell a lie big enough and keep repeating it, people will eventually come to believe it. The lie can be maintained only for such time as the State can shield the people from the political, economic and/or military consequences of the lie. It thus becomes vitally important for the State to use all of its powers to repress dissent, for the truth is the mortal enemy of the lie, and thus by extension, the truth is the greatest enemy of the State." Joseph Goebbels, Nazi Propaganda Minister

You mean lies like

"I have saved or created four million jobs"

or

"this bill will be revenue neutral"

or

“I can make a firm pledge,” he said in Dover, N.H., on Sept. 12. “Under my plan, no family making less than $250,000 a year will see any form of tax increase. Not your income tax, not your payroll tax, not your capital gains taxes, not any of your taxes.”

you mean those kind of repeated lies that people start to believe

Forum List

Back