Say What You Will About Mitt Romney, This Was Good

Not referring to Romney per se here, but after watching the vid I'm just thankful we - both parties - have folks willing to put themselves through the grind it sometimes takes just to get a party's nomination, which is then followed by even more grinding for the general election. No way on earth I'd put myself and my family through months and months of that stuff.

Yeah. I caught that yesterday as well.

I literally laughed out loud.

Romney reminded me of myself....all laid back walking around munching on food in a crowd of people saying hi......Im not a big Romney guy but I really liked this.

Well, Plymco, since you ane Mitt are practically doppelgangers, I wonder what you think about this: he has said that the first thing he would do as President, is to give every state a waiver from ObamaCare....

...think he would keep his word?

Pretty important to me, as there is a good chance the Supremes may not find it unconstitutional, and by the time a Republican Congress gets around to it, it might be 2014...

Yeah. I caught that yesterday as well.

I literally laughed out loud.

Romney reminded me of myself....all laid back walking around munching on food in a crowd of people saying hi......Im not a big Romney guy but I really liked this.

Well, Plymco, since you ane Mitt are practically doppelgangers, I wonder what you think about this: he has said that the first thing he would do as President, is to give every state a waiver from ObamaCare....

...think he would keep his word?

Pretty important to me, as there is a good chance the Supremes may not find it unconstitutional, and by the time a Republican Congress gets around to it, it might be 2014...

I think he would keep his word. In his own words he has said that Romneycare was done the right way (on the state level within the confines of the restrictions of power our state constitution and the federal constitution put on governance) while obamacare was done the wrong way (on the federal level in a way that exceeds the power granted to the federal govt in the constitution). (i'll try and find a vid or text for you and edit it in...found it, he says it right at the beginning)

THE FULL INTERVIEW
I think he will try and stop it with waivers.

Romneycare, now DevaulCare as devaul patrick has changed it up a bit, is not really any better or worse than medicare/medicade. I still find it wrong that the state can fine me if I dont have it but that doesn't violate our state constitution (darn it!)

Last edited by a moderator:
Mitt Romney Acts Normal in Iowa - YouTube

I laughed hard at the reporter's reaction :lol:

Acting normal is news now?!?! I guess he's trying to distance himself from the distinctly abnormal Palin/Perry/Santorum/Bachmann/Pawlenty axis. :lol::lol::lol:

What exactly is "normal" anyway?

Being born from a couple of communist sympathizers who met in Russian class? Writing a book admiting you want half of your heritage expunged from your blood? Befriending a former commu-terrorist within your inner Marxist circle?

We've already elected one of the most abnormal people to be President.

For the record Mitt is trying to appear "average" as his new stick... IE un-button the top buttons on his shirt and not wear a full suit everywhere. Seems like his is just doing what he is told to do, have "fun" being "normal."

Meh, we need a leader, not another clown.

For the record Mitt is trying to appear "average" as his new stick... IE un-button the top buttons on his shirt and not wear a full suit everywhere. Seems like his is just doing what he is told to do, have "fun" being "normal."

Meh, we need a leader, not another clown.

As far as debt, defecits, jobs, and the economy goes he did very well as the governor of my state. Or should I say my state did very well in those areas while he was our governor.

That softens me on him a bit, I still prefer someone with Perry's long record of consistant values but I wont scoff or vote 3rd party if Mitt is the nominee.

Looks like Romney is being himself. Good to see. I have to say it was funny to see Cameron's look of shock when Romney walked up to him.

Like his policies or not, Romney is a descent guy.

Mitt Romney Acts Normal in Iowa - YouTube

I laughed hard at the reporter's reaction :lol:

Acting normal is news now?!?! I guess he's trying to distance himself from the distinctly abnormal Palin/Perry/Santorum/Bachmann/Pawlenty axis. :lol::lol::lol:

What exactly is "normal" anyway?

Being born from a couple of communist sympathizers who met in Russian class? Writing a book admiting you want half of your heritage expunged from your blood? Befriending a former commu-terrorist within your inner Marxist circle?

We've already elected one of the most abnormal people to be President.

Depends on if you love america for what it has always been or want to fundamentally transform it into something else ;)

Forum List

Back