Say we didn't go into Iraq

tim_duncan2000

Jan 11, 2004
Say the US, after going into Afghanistan, decided to pursue AQ and other groups and went into, say, Pakistan or some other country. I mean, lets be honest, it was never going to end with Afghanistan. Would the same people who say the Iraq war has made us less safe, it's now a recruiting tool, more terrorists now, etc say the same thing about going into other countries? I think that they would. They wouldn't admit it, but they would. What do you thing.

Say the US, after going into Afghanistan, decided to pursue AQ and other groups and went into, say, Pakistan or some other country. I mean, lets be honest, it was never going to end with Afghanistan. Would the same people who say the Iraq war has made us less safe, it's now a recruiting tool, more terrorists now, etc say the same thing about going into other countries? I think that they would. They wouldn't admit it, but they would. What do you thing.

Look at the strategic overview of your scenario. Let's say we STILL, 15 years later, were babysitting Saddam's borders and had not invaded Iraq. WHERE would the war against the US/the West be?

All the nutjobs currently in Iraq would be in Afghanistan, and the same nutjobs at home would be whining the same crap, they'd just have to learn to spell a bigger word.

Look at the strategic overview of your scenario. Let's say we STILL, 15 years later, were babysitting Saddam's borders and had not invaded Iraq. WHERE would the war against the US/the West be?

All the nutjobs currently in Iraq would be in Afghanistan, and the same nutjobs at home would be whining the same crap, they'd just have to learn to spell a bigger word.

Gunny, ya just have to stop bringing common sense into these conversations, it just confuses the left.:clap1:

There were no NUTJOBS in Iraq until we invaded/occupied that nation and opened up thier borders. We were already in Afghanistan until Bush decided to take a detour in SECULAR IRAQ. Now it's a haven for SHIITE FUNDIES and Al Qaida.

There were no NUTJOBS in Iraq until we invaded/occupied that nation and opened up thier borders.
Except there were.
We were already in Afghanistan until Bush decided to take a detour in SECULAR IRAQ.
The Sunni sure seemed to love Saddam and he used rhetoric from the Koran in his speeches and had mosques built. So it wasn't that secular.

I think support for invading Afghanistan would fade the way it did for Iraq.

There were no NUTJOBS in Iraq until we invaded/occupied that nation and opened up thier borders. We were already in Afghanistan until Bush decided to take a detour in SECULAR IRAQ. Now it's a haven for SHIITE FUNDIES and Al Qaida.

Are you freeze dried or what?

Iraq has been, and is to a LESSER degree, a haven for "nutjobs". Our invasion has only made their life more difficult, and SHORTER.

A virus untreated will spread, and will, within time, kill the host, got it?

:coffee3:

There are adult classes for reading disabilities. Perhaps it's not too late?

If I remember correctly, Iraq was more secular than a lot of the Middle Eastern countries that practice Sharia law.

If I remember correctly, Iraq was more secular than a lot of the Middle Eastern countries that practice Sharia law.

Any country †hat does not practice Sharia law is more secular/moderate than those that do. Your point?

Any country †hat does not practice Sharia law is more secular/moderate than those that do. Your point?
Nothing. Someone said Iraq was secular and I was bringing up something to somewhat support it. IRaq does practice Sharia law, but it was still considered more secular.

Nothing. Someone said Iraq was secular and I was bringing up something to somewhat support it. IRaq does practice Sharia law, but it was still considered more secular.

Officially only and at that only since Gulf War I, when Saddam figured he'd better build some allies, meaning Iran. He was atheist at best, wouldn't be surprised at Satanic.

Officially only and at that only since Gulf War I, when Saddam figured he'd better build some allies, meaning Iran. He was atheist at best, wouldn't be surprised at Satanic.
You have any evidence to support that Iraq is allied with Iran in any way?

You have any evidence to support that Iraq is allied with Iran in any way?

Are you asking if Iran is now actively involved in Iraq today? Or are you asking if Saddam figured he would need some entity to make mischief if he couldn't?

Are you asking if Iran is now actively involved in Iraq today? Or are you asking if Saddam figured he would need some entity to make mischief if he couldn't?
I know Iran's involved with Iraq now. There's nothing to question that.

But I don't think Saddam ever allied himself with Iran.

I know Iran's involved with Iraq now. There's nothing to question that.

But I don't think Saddam ever allied himself with Iran.

What I was saying, I never underestimated Saddam. I do not think he's unappreciative of what is now going on, he knew it would. Iran wouldn't be there now, if he was in control, IMO. At the same time, Iran would not be on the hotseat for Lebanon if he were. So there is good news and bad.

all yall act like these NUTJOBS were all waiting tables, farming and working at the iraqi stock exchange....before we showed up.....everyone seems to forget sadam's million man army just vanished.....nut jobs....his army is simply fighting an asymetical war....fucking hell the left is stupid

all yall act like these NUTJOBS were all waiting tables, farming and working at the iraqi stock exchange....before we showed up.....everyone seems to forget sadam's million man army just vanished.....nut jobs....his army is simply fighting an asymetical war....fucking hell the left is stupid

'Melted' I believe is the word.

Forum List

Back