Say Something Good About Prez. Bush

The man showed true leadership after the attacks.....Kept this country from imploding in on itself....Brought calm to a nation in a firestorm.......Brought this country together like it hadn't seen since WW2.

ahh yes fear is a powerful tool.

"You are either with us or for the terrorists"
Words of a great uniter.

I was gonna title this simply; "Say something good about Bush" but I didn't want a bunch of dirty jokes about trimming the hedges.

We've all tried to focus on Obama's positives.....what about former President Bush?

Let's see if those with Bush Derangement Syndrome can do the same.

He was God's gift to the late night comedians.

Bush had amazing reflexes.
[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_RFH7C3vkK4[/ame]
I'm completely serious, I was very impressed at his ability to dodge flying shoes. I particularly like the expression on his face after the first shoe - he looks at the guy throwing the shoes as if to say "Wanna try again?"

True, Obama has done all of these things.

But stick to the topic.

This thread is about Bush Jr. :cool:

Brought this country together like it hadn't seen since WW2.

Obama has done this?......are we talking about the same guy here Sunni?....

Last edited:
He had a simple solution....obey the frigging law.

Securing the border takes everyone here doing their part not just playing lip-service to it.

And it doesn't help when you have an entire political party and a President that not only wants to pay lip-service but openly goes out of their way to encourage millions to break the law.

you do mean both parties right?.....

The man showed true leadership after the attacks.....Kept this country from imploding in on itself....Brought calm to a nation in a firestorm.......Brought this country together like it hadn't seen since WW2.

ahh yes fear is a powerful tool.

"You are either with us or for the terrorists"
Words of a great uniter.

and if some Country harbors terrorist's....are they with us or against us?......since that's who he was referring to....

Bush had the courage of his convictions.

Agreed.

We need more leadership that bases International Policy on Toby Kieth Song Lyrics instead of The Harvard Review.

Everyone I talk to who likes him or doesn't pretty much says that. He was a good example to everyone....
At least, everyone who's into TORTURE!!!!!

The Swiss????

NOT SO MUCH!!!!!!

"Former President George W. Bush has canceled a visit to Switzerland, where he was to address a Jewish charity gala, due to the risk of legal action against him for alleged torture, rights groups said on Saturday.

Bush was to be the keynote speaker at Keren Hayesod's annual dinner on February 12 in Geneva. But pressure has been building on the Swiss government to arrest him and open a criminal investigation if he enters the Alpine country.

Criminal complaints against Bush alleging torture have been lodged in Geneva, court officials say.

Human rights groups said they had intended to submit a 2,500-page case against Bush in the Swiss city on Monday for alleged mistreatment of suspected militants at Guantanamo Bay, the U.S. naval base in Cuba where captives from Afghanistan, Iraq and other fronts in the so-called War on Terror were interned.

Leftist groups had also called for a protest on the day of his visit next Saturday, leading Keren Hayesod's organizers to announce that they were cancelling Bush's participation on security grounds -- not because of the criminal complaints."

HERE

bush+flag.JPG

"I'm gonna tell my DADDY!!!!!"

The biggest complinent I can give Bush? He's the polar opposite of Barack Obama.

That says a lot.

Bush and Obama are pretty much the same.

Only real major difference is the (R) and (D).

And yet...

Bush Presidency Closes With 34% Approval, 61% Disapproval

Republicans' approval of him rose from 67% in mid-December to 75% in the current poll -- their highest rating of Bush in nearly a year. By contrast, approval of Bush remains extremely scarce among Democrats, and continues to fall under 30% among independents.

Obama's Approval Most Polarized for First-Year President

As a candidate and as president, Obama -- like his immediate predecessor, Bush -- sought to bring Americans together after periods of heightened political polarization in the United States. But despite their best intentions and efforts, both men's approval ratings have been characterized by extreme partisanship -- with high and seemingly unwavering approval from their own party's supporters and very little from the opposition party.

I was gonna title this simply; "Say something good about Bush" but I didn't want a bunch of dirty jokes about trimming the hedges.

We've all tried to focus on Obama's positives.....what about former President Bush?

Let's see if those with Bush Derangement Syndrome can do the same.

His wife is a class act.

Say Something Good About Prez. Bush
....And, the Snooki Palin Roadshow is

runnin' on fumes!!!!!

"Sarah Palin is a soap opera, basically," Ron Reagan Jr. told The Associated Press on Friday. "She's doing mostly what she does to make money and keep her name in the news."

"She is not a serious candidate for president and never has been,"
Reagan added.

Ultimately, Ron Reagan, Jr. as well as a large contingency of die-hard Ronald Reagan supporters were less than impressed by Palin's remarks at the banquet. And based on the 2008 GOP vice presidential nominee's dwindling approval ratings among the general public, Palin's hopes for a 2012 presidential bid may be fading fast."

The verdict on Obama is still on-going.

The verdict on Bush is in, so by default...the threads are not the same.

With that said, to directly answer the thread...Bush honestly tried to NOT frighten the kids when he was told "America's under attack" on that 9/11 morning.
So, you're among those who were fooled by that nonsense. You actually believe the reason he became catatonic for a full ten minutes after being told about the second Tower strike is because he didn't want to frighten the children?

Think about it. Suppose Bush's breakfast had a laxative effect and he was seized by a sudden and powerful urge to use the toilet. What choices were available to him?

1) To quietly shit in his pants.

2) To jump up and shout, "I have to shit!" and run out.

3) To calmly say, "Excuse me, children. Something has come up and I must leave you for a few minutes," then have an aide finish reading the goat book.

If you picked option #3 you'll find that most reasonably intelligent people, along with those who are not chauvinistically loyal to the elitist fop President, will agree with you.

So the question I have is why couldn't the incompetent, useless bastard have done that in response to the attack notification instead of just sitting there like he had just shit in his pants?

Last edited:

Forum List

Back