Say Something Good About Prez. Bush

He had a great relationship with the Saudi government and King.

And was a close personal friend of the Bin Laden family. :cool:

Very, very close. I'm sure it was more than any other president in history. In fact, Bush was the only president I ever saw kissing a foreign prince on the mouth and holding hands and "sharing looks".

Funny he would wipe off the touch of a black man onto Bill Clinton, but kiss an Arab on the lips.

Could that be a "plus"? Bush advanced the cause of gays in the Middle East?

One thing I can say about Bush, is when he wanted to do something he went ahead and did and did not give a fuck what people said about him.

I thought his joke about his father asking, "Are my testicles black" was very funny.

At least on the other thread, I put down a long list of accomplishments by Obama and right wingers could only try to tear down about half of them. On this thread, the only things they could really come up with was that he did "things" in Africa or Asia or the Middle East. And those places are so far away, who knows if any of it is even true?

Last edited by a moderator:
He had a great relationship with the Saudi government and King.

And was a close personal friend of the Bin Laden family. :cool:

Very, very close. I'm sure it was more than any other president in history. In fact, Bush was the only president I ever saw kissing a foreign prince on the mouth and holding hands and "sharing looks".

Funny he would wipe off the touch of a black man onto Bill Clinton, but kiss an Arab on the lips.

Could that be a "plus"? Bush advanced the cause of gays in the Middle East?

The kiss is actually a traditional thing, it does not mean he is gay. And there is no "cause" for gays in the Middle East, in most countries being gay gets you executed or in Egypt a long prison sentence.

He's a catalyst for stemming the AIDS epidemic in Africa.
He seems like a nice guy.
He refuses to talk smack about Obama, in spite of having different politics.

Wow, I came up with 3!

Why do right wingers keep repeating this "AIDs" myth. His policies were disastrous. However, he did send medicine for those infected, but did nothing for "prevention". Could this be any more documented?

I ain't a rightwinger!

Thanks for the info. I'm learning from both sides about this. I didn't know or remember all the details. To me it sounds like his efforts to help need to be tweaked big time to save more lives and that's being done.

I find it similar to my argument about the Health Care Bill that most everyone seems to hate. With regards to the US helping with AIDS in Africa, we shouldn't have perfect be the enemy of the good. In other words, Bush preventing condoms from going out is aggravating and stupid to a lot of us, but at least he focused some of our efforts on doing something about the overall problem. We can make better our plan of attack to help, but at least it was made a priority and is getting some results, if not as much as they could be getting.

Health Care Plan from Obama, same thing. It's not even close to perfect, but something had to get on the books to work off of and fix. If we didn't do something now, nothing would get done, probably for decades.

Last edited:

Wow, I came up with 3!

Why do right wingers keep repeating this "AIDs" myth. His policies were disastrous. However, he did send medicine for those infected, but did nothing for "prevention". Could this be any more documented?

Bush was in charge of preventing AIDS?

Who knew?

I was gonna title this simply; "Say something good about Bush" but I didn't want a bunch of dirty jokes about trimming the hedges.

We've all tried to focus on Obama's positives.....what about former President Bush?

Let's see if those with Bush Derangement Syndrome can do the same.

How did you know that bush is my president!!

I salute it with my flag pole every chance I get!!

Wow, I came up with 3!

I ain't a rightwinger!
Thanks for the info. I'm learning from both sides about this. I didn't know or remember all the details. To me it sounds like his efforts to help need to be tweaked big time to save more lives and that's being done.

I find it similar to my argument about the Health Care Bill that most everyone seems to hate. With regards to the US helping with AIDS in Africa, we shouldn't have perfect be the enemy of the good. In other words, Bush preventing condoms from going out is aggravating and stupid to a lot of us, but at least he focused some of our efforts on doing something about the overall problem. We can make better our plan of attack to help, but at least it was made a priority and is getting some results, if not as much as they could be getting.

Health Care Plan from Obama, same thing. It's not even close to perfect, but something had to get on the books to work off of and fix. If we didn't do something now, nothing would get done, probably for decades.

Are too! rdean said so, so there! He's the font of copy AND paste post, then when someone calls him on his bs he plays the victim then comes to yet another thread to whine.

Welcome to the dark side you conservative righty wing loon!]

President Bush then and now had some wrong ideas on some things, mismanaged some things, got some things wrong, and he was terrible with a teleprompter. But I never doubted that he loved his country and the people in it, that he was operating from conviction or at least hope that something would work, and never backed down in what he believed. Keeping in mind that speaking an untruth is not the same thing as an intentional lie, I think he may have been one of the most genuine and honest people we have ever elected to high office. He has always been at his best when he spoke from the heart, extemporaneously, and as the thoughts came to him.

I think he won't go down in history as the best President we've ever had but I think history will be more kind to him than those who still hate him will want to acknowledge. I like and respect him as a man and a patriot.

No doubt that Bush was a likeable man

But he will still be held accountable for his decisions

Yes, all who seek and/or accept power must be held accountable for the consequences of their decisions. But that includes ALL those who seek and/or accept power and not just the ones we have decided to despise. It is intellectually dishonest to accuse any President and give absolution to all others complicit in whatever consequences just as it is intellectually dishonest to give absolution to a President who promotes or goes along with something resulting in negative consequences.

I was gonna title this simply; "Say something good about Bush" but I didn't want a bunch of dirty jokes about trimming the hedges.

We've all tried to focus on Obama's positives.....what about former President Bush?

Let's see if those with Bush Derangement Syndrome can do the same.

He is no longer President Bush.

Dean why dont you go tell Bono and Bob Geldorf about this "MYTH"....since these two guys,who know more about who is doing what in the AIDS world then you will ever know....say Bush has done more on the African Continent to fight this disease than ANY leader of any nation anywhere now or in the past....just more Dean..." i hate Republicans and will never admit something positive about them".....same old bullshit....

The man showed true leadership after the attacks.....Kept this country from imploding in on itself....Brought calm to a nation in a firestorm.......Brought this country together like it hadn't seen since WW2.

Bush did not whine and cry about the media who was always bashing him.
Obama does.
Bush did not criticize those that spoke against him such as Cindy Sheehan
Obama does.

I know...this thread is about Bush, not Obama...But sometimes you do not see the good in a man until you see how others behave.

I'm reading his book. Very interesting. He has depth to him. A depth of spirit and emotionalism. Loves his daughters and his wife. I can't wait to get to the part where he explains why he didn't secure our borders.

He had a simple solution....obey the frigging law.

Securing the border takes everyone here doing their part not just playing lip-service to it.

And it doesn't help when you have an entire political party and a President that not only wants to pay lip-service but openly goes out of their way to encourage millions to break the law.

Bush did not whine and cry about the media who was always bashing him.
Obama does.
Bush did not criticize those that spoke against him such as Cindy Sheehan
Obama does.

I know...this thread is about Bush, not Obama...But sometimes you do not see the good in a man until you see how others behave.

How true.

Bush had Dick Cheney attack Gold Star Mother Sheehan for him

President Bush then and now had some wrong ideas on some things, mismanaged some things, got some things wrong, and he was terrible with a teleprompter. But I never doubted that he loved his country and the people in it, that he was operating from conviction or at least hope that something would work, and never backed down in what he believed. Keeping in mind that speaking an untruth is not the same thing as an intentional lie, I think he may have been one of the most genuine and honest people we have ever elected to high office. He has always been at his best when he spoke from the heart, extemporaneously, and as the thoughts came to him.

I think he won't go down in history as the best President we've ever had but I think history will be more kind to him than those who still hate him will want to acknowledge. I like and respect him as a man and a patriot.

No doubt that Bush was a likeable man

But he will still be held accountable for his decisions

Yes, all who seek and/or accept power must be held accountable for the consequences of their decisions. But that includes ALL those who seek and/or accept power and not just the ones we have decided to despise. It is intellectually dishonest to accuse any President and give absolution to all others complicit in whatever consequences just as it is intellectually dishonest to give absolution to a President who promotes or goes along with something resulting in negative consequences.

Ahh the myth of personal responsibility in govt?

No one is responsible for their actions in America, all are victims.
Or so it appears at least.
although some are too big to have to pay for their actions.

Forum List

Back