Say Something Good About Prez. Bush

Bush lived a life that was for more ecologically green than Al gore could ever imagine.

By far.

Yep he spent more time travelling from Washington to his home state or Camp David than any president up till now.

OK, OK

Bush lived a life that was for more ecologically green than Al gore could ever imagine. Since leaving office.

Saying what he means and meaning what he says :clap2:
Supreme court nominees.:clap2:
Tax cuts :clap2:
Iraq - going in, winning, getting out. :clap2:
Going after terrorists by whatever means possible :clap2:
Gitmo :clap2:
Not caving into liberals regarding the above :clap2:

But I wonder how many thousands of square miles of other countries land is now contaminated with DU (depleted uranium 238) from our weapons and bombs?
Zero.
DU isnt used in bombs.
It is only found in certain kenetic energy weapons used against armor.
So, there are small traces of it in Iraq and Kuwait, almost all of which is from 1991.

But I wonder how many thousands of square miles of other countries land is now contaminated with DU (depleted uranium 238) from our weapons and bombs?
Zero.
DU isnt used in bombs.
It is only found in certain kenetic energy weapons used against armor.
So, there are small traces of it in Iraq and Kuwait, almost all of which is from 1991.

Depleted uranium (DU) weapons were first used during the first Gulf War against Iraq in 1991. The Pentagon estimated that between 315 and 350 tons of DU were fired during the first Gulf War. During the 2003 invasion and current occupation of Iraq, U.S. and British troops have reportedly used more than five times as many DU bombs and shells as the total number used during the 1991 war.

Depleted Uranium - The Real Dirty Bombs

Depleted uranium (DU) weapons were first used during the first Gulf War against Iraq in 1991. The Pentagon estimated that between 315 and 350 tons of DU were fired during the first Gulf War. During the 2003 invasion and current occupation of Iraq, U.S. and British troops have reportedly used more than five times as many DU bombs and shells as the total number used during the 1991 war.
Ok... even if that is true, all it means is that most is from 2003.
Doesnt really change anything I said.

And, after reading your article quickly -- it was clearly written by someone who doesnt know what they;re talking about. Use of DU is limited to only a handful of rounds for a handful of weapons, all of which are used almost exclusively to take out tanks. Given how few Iraqi tanks have been taken out since May 2003, I openly doubt the 'more than 5 times' cliam.

Last edited:
Bush lived a life that was for more ecologically green than Al gore could ever imagine.

By far.
Maybe in the United States.

your kidding me right?

there's no measurable problems from DU, none, or there would be WAY more issues with our troops.

Don't delude yourself into thinking it's harmfull.

And that tonage can fit into an 8' x 8' x 8' box. Not a lot. It just looks like a lot b/c it's so heavy.

By far.
Maybe in the United States.

your kidding me right?

there's no measurable problems from DU, none, or there would be WAY more issues with our troops.

Don't delude yourself into thinking it's harmfull.
My bad.

I was always mislead into thinking that uranium was harmful.

I guess people who wear special suits and carry geiger counters when around the stuff are only trying to scare us. :doubt:

He's a catalyst for stemming the AIDS epidemic in Africa.
He seems like a nice guy.
He refuses to talk smack about Obama, in spite of having different politics.

Wow, I came up with 3!

Forum List

Back