Say Something Good About Prez. Bush

He came as close to being blunt as any politician ever has.

His leadership post 9/11 was the kind of leadership they put in the history books and talk about for generations. We all could have gone crazy and started killing American muslims, but it never got close due to his greatness in those moments.

and you stole my idea, I was just about to do this myself:evil:

:laugh2:

Last edited:
Even though he concealed the fact from Conservatives, Bush saved millions of Africans from AIDS and starvation.

http://articles.cnn.com/2009-01-15/...ntiretrovirals-hiv-george-bush?_s=PM:POLITICS

A legacy of President George W. Bush will be that he saved 10 million lives around the world.

His critics ignore it, but name another president about whom one can say that with such certainty. It is what historians will say a decade from now looking back. Not bad for a president who leaves office with the lowest approval rating in recent memory.

In my annual medical mission trips to Africa during the Bush administration, I saw the cost of treatment for HIV with life-saving antiretrovirals (ARVs) drop from $4,000 a year to $125. The number of Africans on ARVs jumped from 50,000 to 2.1 million.

And the multiplier effect of Bush making this a presidential global priority was reflected thereafter in every meeting I had as Senate majority leader with the world leaders, including those from Russia, China and India. If you were dealing with the United States, you'd better have made HIV a national priority, because we had.

Last edited:
I'm reading his book. Very interesting. He has depth to him. A depth of spirit and emotionalism. Loves his daughters and his wife. I can't wait to get to the part where he explains why he didn't secure our borders.

The only way we'll be able to finance my SSI and Medicare when I retire is to have a large Mexican workforce paying taxes into it.

It almost makes me pity the poor bastards.

"SSI", I knew it! Sammie boy has a social disease ("Gee Officer Krupkey...")

Supplemental Security Income (SSI) is a Federal income supplement program funded by general tax revenues (not Social Security taxes):
It is designed to help aged, blind, and disabled people, who have little or no income; and
It provides cash to meet basic needs for food, clothing, and shelter.

Last edited:
I have nothing good to say about President Bush. As for President Obama, I'm beginning to think my evaluation of him will be the same, if he continues to cave to the reactionary forces lead by McConnell and Boehner.

Bush loves and is proud of his country. A true American and leader, with the courage to call the shots, as he perceived the challenges. Love him. :)

I liked him, and I still do. And I also admired the fact that he knew he wasn't perfect, unlike a lot of European leaders who have this very irritating sense of entitlement.

OK, George Bush Jnr trod on a few toes and hurt some peoples feeling, but I genuinely believe that he, and Tony Blair, went to war in Iraq and Afghanistan with the best intentions, to protect our countries shared principles and ways of life.

He was, what I thought, what America needed after 9/11. He faced his country and told the American people that after they'd finished mourning those who perished in the Twin Towers and The Pentagon, that those responsible were going to pay dearly for what they had done. He also made a moving speech after London was attacked by suicide bombers in 2005.

He wasn't perfect, but who is. But he wasn't afraid to stand-up and state the obvious to those who were too scared to aknowledge it: he singled out what we all know are evil regimes and said to their faces, 'we know what's going on, and if you don't comply with our demands with regards to your people and their well being, you will regret it!'

Positive accomplishments of the Bush Administration:

-Massive aid to Africa stemmed the tide of HIV infections, gave people access to medical services and clean water.
-Opened a huge underwater federal park near Hawaii.
-Initial invasion of Afghanistan a huge sucess and totally justified. Smashed terrorist network in that country.
-Aid to Tsunami victims in Indochina (Thailand), earthquake victims in India and Iran went a long way and saving many lives.

Last edited:
We've all tried to focus on Obama's positives

This cannot be a literal statement.

Let's see if those with Bush Derangement Syndrome can do the same.

If Peak Oil is true, that is, if the world's petroleum reserves are near, at, or past peak, than taking over Iraq may have been necessary. Granted, many innocent people died, but survival is not a Happy Meal. Bush may have saved us.

We've all tried to focus on Obama's positives

This cannot be a literal statement. It is. Yesterday I put up a post asking everyone to say something nice about Obama and why.

Let's see if those with Bush Derangement Syndrome can do the same.

If Peak Oil is true, that is, if the world's petroleum reserves are near, at, or past peak, than taking over Iraq may have been necessary. Granted, many innocent people died, but survival is not a Happy Meal. Bush may have saved us.

We didn't take over Iraq and we are not "getting" oil from them.

Forum List

Back