Say Something Good About Prez. Bush

mudwhistle

Diamond Member
Gold Supporting Member
Jul 21, 2009
Headmaster's Office, Hogwarts
I was gonna title this simply; "Say something good about Bush" but I didn't want a bunch of dirty jokes about trimming the hedges.

We've all tried to focus on Obama's positives.....what about former President Bush?

Let's see if those with Bush Derangement Syndrome can do the same.

The verdict on Obama is still on-going.

The verdict on Bush is in, so by default...the threads are not the same.

With that said, to directly answer the thread...Bush honestly tried to NOT frighten the kids when he was told "America's under attack" on that 9/11 morning.

The verdict on Obama is still on-going.

The verdict on Bush is in, so by default...the threads are not the same.

With that said, to directly answer the thread...Bush honestly tried to NOT frighten the kids when he was told "America's under attack" on that 9/11 morning.

But somehow you'all found fault in that too.

So nice try.

I don't support Obama nor much of what he stands for but I was able to find something that didn't sound like a put-down.

Bush had the courage of his convictions.

Agreed.

We need more leadership that bases International Policy on Toby Kieth Song Lyrics instead of The Harvard Review.

Everyone I talk to who likes him or doesn't pretty much says that. He was a good example to everyone.....but then that little political discourse thing overruled what it means to be an American the last several years so....of course anyone who posses a threat to the left becomes a pariah not through his acts but because their destructive agendas don't match his. What works is frowned upon and what is good for this country becomes evil.

Anybody seen Bush on this book tour? Never seen a more relaxed guy in my whole life!!

bush_1760874c.jpg

Agreed.

We need more leadership that bases International Policy on Toby Kieth Song Lyrics instead of The Harvard Review.

I don't know about the former half of that equation, but I'm in full support of not basing our international policies on the stuff said in publications coming from Harvard.

Agreed.

Everyone I talk to who likes him or doesn't pretty much says that. He was a good example to everyone.....but then that little political discourse thing overruled what it means to be an American the last several years so....of course anyone who posses a threat to the left becomes a pariah not through his acts but because their destructive agendas don't match his. What works is frowned upon and what is good for this country becomes evil.

I believe that "The Left's" status as a national boogieman has been largely inflated by both themselves and "The Right."

The fact is that Toby Keith's (and Willie Nelson's) song, Beer For My Horses

spent six weeks at Number One on the U.S. Billboard Hot Country Songs charts in 2003 and peaked at number 22 on the Billboard Hot 100, becoming Keith's biggest hit to date

The Lyrics hardly reflect "Liberal Values," (or European Values), but very American Values

Well a man come on the 6 o'clock news
Said somebody's been shot, somebody's been abused
Somebody blew up a building 9/11
Somebody stole a car
Somebody got away
Somebody didn't get too far yeah
They didn't get too far

Grandpappy told my pappy, back in my day, son
A man had to answer for the wicked that he done
Take all the rope in Texas Bush = Governor
Find a tall oak tree, round up all of them bad boys
Hang them high in the street for all the people to see that Saddam Hussein

(Chorus)
Justice is the one thing you should always find
You got to saddle up your boys
You got to draw a hard line Bush Sr & Junior in Iraq
When the gun smoke settles we'll sing a victory tune "Mission Accomplished"
We'll all meet back at the local saloon
We'll raise up our glasses against evil forces
Singing whiskey for my men, beer for my horses

In its essence, the song is not just a reflection of Bush, it ACTUALLY IS BUSH'S POLICY, and a VERY popular one.

Last edited:
I'm reading his book. Very interesting. He has depth to him. A depth of spirit and emotionalism. Loves his daughters and his wife. I can't wait to get to the part where he explains why he didn't secure our borders.

I'm reading his book. Very interesting. He has depth to him. A depth of spirit and emotionalism. Loves his daughters and his wife. I can't wait to get to the part where he explains why he didn't secure our borders.

The only way we'll be able to finance my SSI and Medicare when I retire is to have a large Mexican workforce paying taxes into it.

It almost makes me pity the poor bastards.

I actually liked him when he stood on the truck and said the people that knocked down those buildings would be hearing from all of us. That was a cool way of putting it. It made us feel involved and I think we all needed that. All of us were so pissed off.

I also think he has a great personality. He's a lot of fun. Most importantly, his daughters seem to love him very much. And to me, that means he is a success. If your kids don't love you like that, nothing else you do really matters.

Forum List

Back