Say It Isn't So!

Discussion in 'Race Relations/Racism' started by PoliticalChic, Jul 20, 2011.

1. PoliticalChic

PoliticalChic Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +25,089
    Juan Williams’ Wife: NPR Liberals Are Hypocrites

1. Delise Williams, the wife of Fox News contributor Juan Williams, tells Newsmax that “so-called liberals” at NPR treated her — a light-skinned African-American — as if she didn’t exist. “The NPR people were hypocrites because they are supposed to be the liberals who are accepting of all kinds of people and inclusive, and they were the most exclusive group in my experience of going to events related to work that I have ever seen,” says Delise, a former social worker who is the daughter of a doctor.

2. Juan Williams’ book “Muzzled: The Assault on Honest Debate” hits bookstores next week. It reveals that for years before NPR fired him, NPR executives harassed him over what he did or did not say on the air.

3. NewsmaxTV interviewed Juan about the book, including how Fox News President Roger Ailes expanded Juan's role at Fox and made sure he would not suffer a pay cut because NPR had fired him over what he had said on Fox.

Juan Williams

Oh....I can't go on!
    This can't be true of liberals!!!!!

Everything I learned on the board!! Nooooooooooo.......

Whatever you do....don't let Ms.Truthie see this....she'll have the vapors!

Last edited: Jul 20, 2011
  2. syrenn

syrenn BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +10,404
    It isnt so....

lol

there i said it!

3. Wry Catcher

Wry Catcher Platinum Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +8,194
    The timing of her comments ought to give pause to a discerning audience; the PR Dept. at Fox must be on overtime.

PS, I wonder if a trip to Hawaii or another nice vacation spot is in the offing for the " light-skinned African-American former social worker who is the daughter of a doctor" (and why was that information relevant to the 'story'?).

Last edited: Jul 20, 2011
  4. PoliticalChic

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +25,089
    NPR consists of “pseudo-liberals,” Delise says. “I think liberal means being tolerant. You may have a certain set of beliefs, but you do not reject someone who may have a different set of beliefs or who looks different.”

At Fox, “They encourage debate, and I’ve even gotten my friends to watch Fox,” Delise says. “It gives you information about what is happening in both political parties, information on both sides."

NPR consists of “pseudo-liberals,” Delise says. “I think liberal means being tolerant. You may have a certain set of beliefs, but you do not reject someone who may have a different set of beliefs or who looks different.”

5. PoliticalChic

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +25,089
    So, by astute and 'discerning' consideration of all the facts, you have decided that Ms. Williams' perceptions are ...untrue?....befuddled?.....purchased?

And, if that is your view, would it be identical, had she been praising the hypocrites at NPR?

And if not, wouldn't that indict you as a hypocrite?

6. Patrick2

Patrick2 Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +104
    Re the Juan Williams affair with NPR - what else is new? The leftwing tries to shut down opposition speech. That, shilling for obama, and defamation is their whole stock in trade.

7. PoliticalChic

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +25,089
    But don't you see the revelations, that the house organ for the liberal community turns out to be intolerant as shocking,...and perhaps a reason for those who lean left to question closely held beliefs?

It may move some folks towards an epiphany that has been coming for a long time.

8. Wry Catcher

Wry Catcher Platinum Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +8,194
    LOL, would it be patronizing of me to define discerning for you? Discerning does not mean decided, dear (well, as long as I'm patronizing - lol) it means using good judgment, and given what has transpired over the past two weeks it is not surprising Fox would be a bit defensive and into image protection and deflection, some things a discerning viewer might consider, as well as more details, before deciding.

9. Cuyo

Cuyo Training a Guineapig army

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +942
    Another boring cut and paste from another boring conservative gutter-rag by PoliticalHacc! :eek:

10. PoliticalChic

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +25,089
    No, it was hardly necessary to define any words for me...

...but, I was wondering if you would entertain this question...

I understand that opinion is the coin of the realm here, but considering that Ms. Williams was relating her experience, is there any basis beside an inveterate hated of the right that produced such an avalanche of imagination, such as:

1. That her testimony had been written for her by "the PR Dept. at Fox"

2. That her words had been prompted by a "trip to Hawaii"

3. "...or another nice vacation spot..."

What exactly was the indicia that propelled you to said 'discernment'?
    None??
    Simply bias?
    Oh.

4. Now, as to your query,why " light-skinned African-American former social worker who is the daughter of a doctor" (and why was that information relevant to the 'story'?).' was critical....let me help.

a. it documents her standing to discuss the racial intolerance of the NPR liberals toward blacks.

b. it suggests a level of education that might obviate a defense by the intolerant liberals at NPR who chose not to converse with her, i.e., that she was too stupid to hold a conversation.

c. There are folks who might simply make things up...as you did when you accused her of prostituting herself when she told a personal recollection, that of racial intolerance by the hypocritical liberals at NPR.

Now, don't you feel better, now that I have disabused you of your misunderstandings?

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1