Say it ain't so, outside money flows into WI

I thought Pluto was no longer deemed a planet. Isn't Wisconsin part of Canada anyway? Those Canadians will invade our politics at the drop of a maple.

The Plutocrats are flooding Gov. Walker with money hoping to save Gov. Walker's job and the anti American worker policies of the Republican Party.

Wis. governor fights recall with out-of-state cash - Yahoo! News

Sorry, but trying to make this an issue is pointless because both parties target certain candidates and states when the stakes are high. The money flows to candidates who have a fighting chance to win or lose, either way being close. How much out of state money do you think will flow into Massatwoshitts for the Senate race?

The Plutocrats are flooding Gov. Walker with money hoping to save Gov. Walker's job and the anti American worker policies of the Republican Party.

I never realized I was a "plutocrat."

Go Walker, go!

BTW, much of the money funding the recall drive came from big, out of state unions. Your hypocritical ire over out-of-state money has been duly noted.

You are just a rank and file Republican voting against his own best interest.

Go Walker, go!

BTW, much of the money funding the recall drive came from big, out of state unions. Your hypocritical ire over out-of-state money has been duly noted.

Since I'm not sucking on the government tit, that would be impossible.

MADISON, Wis.—Wisconsin's polarizing governor is fighting attempts to recall him with money from out-of-state donors, who helped him bring in more than $12 million since last year.

An Associated Press analysis of campaign finance reports Republican Gov. Scott Walker filed Monday showed 61 percent of the $4.1 million he raised during the five-week reporting period came from out of state.

Many of the contributions came from big donors, including $250,000 from conservative Texas financier Bob Perry and a total of $750,000 from three people in Missouri. More than half of Walker's money came from people who donated $20,000 or more, such as Michael Bidwill, president of the NFL's Arizona Cardinals, who gave $25,000.

Walker's furious fundraising comes as Wisconsin election officials continue to review an estimated 1.9 million signatures collected to recall the governor, lieutenant governor and four Republican state senators.

The Democratic Party and United Wisconsin, which worked together on the petition drive, reported raising $480,000 collectively since Dec. 11. Walker raised $4.5 million over the same five-week period, while Lt. Gov. Rebecca Kleefisch raised $102,000.

Two Democrats, former Dane County Executive Kathleen Falk and state Sen. Tim Cullen of Janesville, have announced they will seek their party's nomination to take on Walker. A number of others are considering running.

Unlike Walker's donors, most of those funding Democrats -- 67 percent -- live in Wisconsin.

Democrats, who are bound by the state's campaign donation limits, have said they don't expect to keep up with Walker's fundraising.

"We will be outspent three or four to one," state Democratic Party Chairman Mike Tate said.

Wis. governor fights recall with out-of-state cash - Boston.com

Go Walker, go!

I'm sure it's just coincidence that liberals define everyone's best interests as voting to keep liberals in power.

Coincidence. That's all.

Outstanding that you had no objection whatsoever on all the out of state money spent on the recall or on the first election when it was the democrats doing it. Now that the other side migh be using your tactics...

Yep. Outstanding is the word.

Apparantly whats good for the goose isn't so good for the gander.

No doubt plenty of money is flowing into WI on both sides of the issue.

I know every week for the last few months I've gotten a couple appeals to donate money to help unseat Walker.

No doubt many of you are getting appeals for donations to defend him, too.

Let's be honest here folks...without outside money and a healthy influx of "volunteers" from outside groups there probably wouldn't have been a recall in the first place and the large protests against Walker at the State House would have been much smaller. Wisconsin is the place that public sector unions and people who oppose bigger government have each drawn a line in the sand and Wisconsin is where they will fight to see who controls things going forward. To be surprised that Walker is drawing outside support is rather naive because this stopped being a "local" issue a LONG time ago.

Forum List

Back