Say it ain't so .. ACORN and John McCain

Discussion in 'Congress' started by BlackAsCoal, Oct 15, 2008.

1. BlackAsCoal

BlackAsCoal Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,884
    :badgrin:

[​IMG]
    Yes, that's McCain sitting next to Rep. Kendrick Meek at an ACORN event. The very same ACORN his campaign now rails against and is accusing of trying to "steal" the election for Obama

Miami, Florida – February 20, 2006 ― Leaders from a diverse array of sectors will hold a rally in Miami on Thursday, February 23, 2006, in support of comprehensive immigration reform in an effort to keep immigration reform at the forefront of the public debate. Leaders from both political parties, immigrant communities, labor, business, and religious organizations will gather to call on Washington to enact workable reform.

The rally will feature Sen. John McCain (R-AZ) as the headline speaker along with elected officials, immigrants and key local and national leaders. Sen. McCain is one of the chief sponsors of the Secure America and Orderly Immigration Act; bipartisan, comprehensive immigration reform legislation introduced last Congress and scheduled for consideration by the Senate in the coming weeks. A similar rally with Sen. McCain is planned for New York City on February 27

The rally in Miami is being sponsored by the New American Opportunity campaign (NAOC) in partnership with ACORN, Catholic Legal Services - Archdiocese of Miami, Florida Immigrant Advocacy Center, Florida Immigrant Coalition, Miami Dade College, People for the American Way/Mi Familia Vota en Acción, Service Employees International Union, and UNITE HERE.
    McCain attended ACORN rally | Crooks and Liars

:badgrin:

Saturday Night Live couldn't make up shit this good.

2. WhiteLion

WhiteLion WMS.

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +57
    Check this out if you can read...
    URGENT: Big story about to break, we are one step closer to Rezko giving Obama up to federal prosecutors HillBuzz
    UPDATED: Obama Sued Citibank Under CRA to Force it to Make Bad Loans | Media Circus
    HYMAN: Obama's Kenya ghosts
    Today in Investor's Business Daily stock analysis and business news
    Obama is a hack job hands down and you are a fool....
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 15, 2008
  3. BlackAsCoal

BlackAsCoal Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,884
  4. jillian

jillian Princess Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +22,439
    When I heard that on TV last night I couldn't stop laughing.

Somehow I'm guessing ACORN won't be coming up at the debate tonight. :eusa_whistle:

5. DiamondDave

DiamondDave Army Vet

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,816

Hitler was elected too... popularity, public hysteria, and the gullibility of the public are powerful things.... the weak minded DEM populace will vote for a dead chicken if it promises them enough handouts at the expense of the 'evil rich'

6. jillian

jillian Princess Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +22,439
    I'm kind of thinking that anyone who voted for Bush twice really can't complain about "gullibility".

I don't see anyone promising "handouts" and, frankly, it's already been proven that the blue state people pay way more than they get out of the system, while red states get more than they pay.

So you really need to stop pretending that's why people vote.

7. Chris

Chris Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,089
    Just so long as they cut veteran's pensions, I will be happy.

How much was your handout this month?

8. BlackAsCoal

BlackAsCoal Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,884
    McCain has backed himself in a corner .. he has to bring up Ayers/ACORN because Obama dared him to bring it up and McCain's constituency demands that he bring it up.

Obama probably has this picture of McCain at the ACORN meeting in his pocket .. and if Mccain is trying to make the case of association with Ayers a focus, he'll have to explain his own associations.

9. BlackAsCoal

BlackAsCoal Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,884
    The problem with your myth based argument is we have a glaring and demonstrable 8 year history of the total and complete failure of right-wing conservative control of government. Republicans have been a total disaster .. and are going to be swept this election by an onslaught of democratic victories from the White House to Congress down to the local dogcatcher.

"Gullible" .. let me guess .. you voted for Bush.

Frankly, that's the end of the argument .. you voted for Bush.

10. DiamondDave

DiamondDave Army Vet

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,816
    You know, kirky-parrot.. you keep posting the same thing, but never listen to the fucking answers, you inane twit

I get no fucking pension or retirement from the military... and if I did it would have been fucking earned from the labor, duty, service, and effort I would have given of myself for a career....