Say 'Islam Wicked,' Go On Trial

jAZ said:
So I take this to mean that you don't consider CNN to be MSM, but you do the ADL, some guy named dan tobias and wikipedia all to be MSM????

The only CNN article you posted didn't even mention the word "racist". Not even in a quote from some Duke cricitic. Unlike the LF article I posted which has repeated uses of the word racist to describe LF.

Maybe you mean that CNN is a conservative outlet who's overly critical of LF and overly flattering of DD. That would be an odd view to say the least.

Here we have a CNN link that is simply a transcript of the guys speech from the MMM as part of (see the bottom) a wide range of coverage of the event. A "streetgangs.com" article??? A current Time magazine interview that raised the issue of anti-semitism and an MSN Encarta article talking about his anti-white and anti-semetic remarks.

I'd say David Duke gets off easy by comparison.

Get a grip. Nowhere did I say CNN was not mainstream media, nor did I attach a political agenda to it. I merely pointed out you were using only one source because you believe that one source supports your argument.

I already explained why your source actually supports my argument and not yours once. You can go back and re-read it if you like.

You are simply refusing to accept the truth. Farrakhan is a separatist-racist and he and/or the Nation of Islam are nowhere near as villified, if at all, in the media as the separatist-racist KKK are.

As far as which sources, I chose, I just went down the line and chose the ones that appeared to present a somewhat moderate viewpoint in BOTH cases, except one that I thought was funny because of it's extremism(guess you had to be there).

And I'll tell you what .... I made my point and it is valid, regardless your one-sided literalism. Since I am neither separatist nor racist, I have no dog in this fight -- my argument was simply to social/media bias. You want to be the "Sir Gallahad" for the MSM, knock yourself out. You aren't fooling anyone.

LuvRPgrl said:
Well, I think we are jumping the gun on jazz a bit. I was actually posting at DU recently, and one newbie there asked why the established posters treated newbies so badly, and he was a liberal newbie. Lets not make the same mistake.

The things about liberals, which I havent seen Jaz commit, yet, are repeating the same thing after its been proven wrong, personal attacks, ignoring points that prove him wrong.

IF and until he starts behaving as such on a regular basis, I think we shouldnt be so quick to label him with derogatory terms. Just my opinion.

Actually, jaz came out of left field and jumped the gun on me, deflecting the topic of the thread, and playing literalist games. If he plays literalist games, I'm going to call it because it's bullshit.

If he wants to have a polite conversation, I'm fine with that too.

GunnyL said:
Actually, jaz came out of left field and jumped the gun on me, deflecting the topic of the thread, and playing literalist games. If he plays literalist games, I'm going to call it because it's bullshit.

If he wants to have a polite conversation, I'm fine with that too.

I have no problem with that. I just think the whole thing got unecessarily out of hand, and that if we all cooled our egos a bit, and backed off, the discussion would go better. It be the bigger man who takes the first step backwards.

But something is VERY, VERY wrong here. Im playing the ambassador???????????????????????? :):)

LuvRPgrl said:
I have no problem with that. I just think the whole thing got unecessarily out of hand, and that if we all cooled our egos a bit, and backed off, the discussion would go better. It be the bigger man who takes the first step backwards.

But something is VERY, VERY wrong here. Im playing the ambassador???????????????????????? :):)

No shit. What's up with THAT? Hell, I had no choice but rep you for it.

Forum List

Back