Say 'Islam Wicked,' Go On Trial

jAZ said:
And if GunnyL had said "the MSM refused to call him a racist", I wouldn't have posted those articles. I posted them to refute his assertion. Not to refute yours. Stay focused.

His assertion was that there's a double standard. Your posts don't disprove that. Stay sensible. Try hard.

rtwngAvngr said:
His assertion was that there's a double standard. Your posts don't disprove that. Stay sensible. Try hard.
His assertion is that "Louis Farrakham ... is held up as some kind of vituous example for African Americans".

His words work better than your paraphrasing.

jAZ said:
His assertion is that "Louis Farrakham ... is held up as some kind of vituous example for African Americans".

His words work better than your paraphrasing.

But his main point is the double standard, which is real, and nondisproven by your feeble articles.

rtwngAvngr said:
But his main point is the double standard, which is real, and nondisproven by your feeble articles.
I haven't commented on that, have I?

rtwngAvngr said:
Those articles still don't call him a racist, as they do duke. The double standard is real, despite your various irrelevancies.
Here's one for you...

http://www-cgi.cnn.com/US/9510/megamarch/10-17/notebook/

Million Man March

Its goal more widely accepted than its leader
October 17, 1995
Web posted at: 8:30 a.m. EDT

From Senior Washington Correspondent Charles Bierbauer

Washington (CNN) -- Minister Louis Farrakhan called for "a million sober, disciplined, committed, dedicated, inspired black men to meet in Washington on a day of atonement." The African-American community -- and much of the white -- found the idea admirable.

It is much of what else the Nation of Islam leader has said over the years that is less welcome. Farrakhan has been branded a racist, separatist, sexist and anti-Semite.

Farrakhan's rhetoric has not been tempered by the popularity of the march and his potential ascent to a more powerful place of leadership in the black ranks.

"Many of the Jews who owned the homes, the apartments in the black community, we considered them bloodsuckers because they took from our community and built their community but didn't offer anything back to our community," Farrakhan told Reuters Television in an interview recorded on October 4 and released Friday.

Farrakhan had other targets. "When the Jews left, the Palestinian Arabs came, Koreans came, Vietnamese...and we call them bloodsuckers," he continued. Farrakhan says he is neither racist nor anti-Semitic.

The dilemma for many black men was whether to march for a message they can believe in -- unity -- without marching to a drummer they may not follow -- Farrakhan. Only a fraction of those who gathered on the mall in Washington Monday were his actual followers, just as only a fraction of America's Muslim population belongs to his Nation of Islam.

The message in Farrakhan's wincing, but unmincing words: "The image of the black community is horrendous in the world. The image of black men in particular is that of a bestial, maniacal and savage group of persons."

The march, Farrakhan says, will say to the world "the image you have of black men is not the image of who and what we really are."

They are not all criminals and druggies and dropouts. They are men with jobs and families and communities and concerns that many black men have not measured up to their responsibilities. Those concerns permeate the African- American community in the United States.

"We don't have to think alike. We're not monolithic," says Congressman Donald Payne, a New Jersey Democrat who chairs the Congressional Black Caucus. The Black Caucus deliberated, then endorsed the march. That is, all but its one Republican member, Congressman Gary Franks of Connecticut.

"The Ku Klux Klan hates blacks, Jews and Catholics. The Nation of Islam hates whites, Jews and Catholics," says Congressman Franks. "Both should be despised for these warped beliefs."

The Jewish Anti-Defamation League took out newspaper ads critical of Farrakhan's involvement in the march.

"A march in which the stated purpose is atonement, whose avowed purpose is to stand against racism is a hollow message if it's led by someone who's unwilling to rid himself of racism, bigotry and anti-Semitism," says ADL National Director Abraham Foxman. The Anti-Defamation League's concern is long-standing. So are Farrakhan's comments about Jews.

"The Jews don't like Farrakhan, so they call me Hitler. Well, that's a good name. Hitler was a very great man," Farrakhan said in a speech last year.

It's not just Jews that find Farrakhan's disdain: "Murder and lying comes easy for white people." -- 1994 speech. Farrakhan has angered many black women -- the bulwark of the community -- by excluding them from the march.

"I encourage black men to stand up and take care of their families," says Myrlie Evers-Williams, president of the NAACP. "But in all honesty, to eliminate women completely from this march does bother me a great deal."

Women complained of Washington mayor Marion Barry's attitude toward women. And of former NAACP executive director Benjamin Chavis, ousted from the venerable civil rights organization amid sexual harassment charges. Chavis is now the chief organizer of the march for Farrakhan.

Many black churchmen have a similar dilemma with Farrakhan's leadership of the march.

"I am a Christian. I do follow Christ, and for me to follow under a banner, it has to be under Christ," says the Reverend John Chaplin of the Pleasant Lane Baptist Church in Washington. "I cannot follow under any other banner."

Reverend Chaplin said so from his pulpit. So did Pastor Woodrow Walker a the Abundant Life Church in Lithonia, Georgia.

"Don't let him draw a million of you Christians to a cause that denies the virgin birth," Pastor Walker told his congregation.

"It's like trying to mix oil and water," Walker explained. "Our belief systems are totally different. Christianity is diametrically opposed to Islam."

rtwngAvngr said:
I guess I assumed relevancy was a priority for you. I guess I should have known better.
I guess you should stay focused on the acutal discussion and quit jumping ahead to your emotive preconcluded speculations.

jAZ said:
Here's one for you...

Million Man March

Its goal more widely accepted than its leader
October 17, 1995
Web posted at: 8:30 a.m. EDT

From Senior Washington Correspondent Charles Bierbauer

Washington (CNN) -- Minister Louis Farrakhan called for "a million sober, disciplined, committed, dedicated, inspired black men to meet in Washington on a day of atonement." The African-American community -- and much of the white -- found the idea admirable.

It is much of what else the Nation of Islam leader has said over the years that is less welcome. Farrakhan has been branded a racist, separatist, sexist and anti-Semite.

Farrakhan's rhetoric has not been tempered by the popularity of the march and his potential ascent to a more powerful place of leadership in the black ranks.

"Many of the Jews who owned the homes, the apartments in the black community, we considered them bloodsuckers because they took from our community and built their community but didn't offer anything back to our community," Farrakhan told Reuters Television in an interview recorded on October 4 and released Friday.

Farrakhan had other targets. "When the Jews left, the Palestinian Arabs came, Koreans came, Vietnamese...and we call them bloodsuckers," he continued. Farrakhan says he is neither racist nor anti-Semitic.

The dilemma for many black men was whether to march for a message they can believe in -- unity -- without marching to a drummer they may not follow -- Farrakhan. Only a fraction of those who gathered on the mall in Washington Monday were his actual followers, just as only a fraction of America's Muslim population belongs to his Nation of Islam.

The message in Farrakhan's wincing, but unmincing words: "The image of the black community is horrendous in the world. The image of black men in particular is that of a bestial, maniacal and savage group of persons."

The march, Farrakhan says, will say to the world "the image you have of black men is not the image of who and what we really are."

They are not all criminals and druggies and dropouts. They are men with jobs and families and communities and concerns that many black men have not measured up to their responsibilities. Those concerns permeate the African- American community in the United States.

"We don't have to think alike. We're not monolithic," says Congressman Donald Payne, a New Jersey Democrat who chairs the Congressional Black Caucus. The Black Caucus deliberated, then endorsed the march. That is, all but its one Republican member, Congressman Gary Franks of Connecticut.

"The Ku Klux Klan hates blacks, Jews and Catholics. The Nation of Islam hates whites, Jews and Catholics," says Congressman Franks. "Both should be despised for these warped beliefs."

The Jewish Anti-Defamation League took out newspaper ads critical of Farrakhan's involvement in the march.

"A march in which the stated purpose is atonement, whose avowed purpose is to stand against racism is a hollow message if it's led by someone who's unwilling to rid himself of racism, bigotry and anti-Semitism," says ADL National Director Abraham Foxman. The Anti-Defamation League's concern is long-standing. So are Farrakhan's comments about Jews.

"The Jews don't like Farrakhan, so they call me Hitler. Well, that's a good name. Hitler was a very great man," Farrakhan said in a speech last year.

It's not just Jews that find Farrakhan's disdain: "Murder and lying comes easy for white people." -- 1994 speech. Farrakhan has angered many black women -- the bulwark of the community -- by excluding them from the march.

"I encourage black men to stand up and take care of their families," says Myrlie Evers-Williams, president of the NAACP. "But in all honesty, to eliminate women completely from this march does bother me a great deal."

Women complained of Washington mayor Marion Barry's attitude toward women. And of former NAACP executive director Benjamin Chavis, ousted from the venerable civil rights organization amid sexual harassment charges. Chavis is now the chief organizer of the march for Farrakhan.

Many black churchmen have a similar dilemma with Farrakhan's leadership of the march.

"I am a Christian. I do follow Christ, and for me to follow under a banner, it has to be under Christ," says the Reverend John Chaplin of the Pleasant Lane Baptist Church in Washington. "I cannot follow under any other banner."

Reverend Chaplin said so from his pulpit. So did Pastor Woodrow Walker a the Abundant Life Church in Lithonia, Georgia.

"Don't let him draw a million of you Christians to a cause that denies the virgin birth," Pastor Walker told his congregation.

"It's like trying to mix oil and water," Walker explained. "Our belief systems are totally different. Christianity is diametrically opposed to Islam."

But despite all his rhetoric, the NOI is allowed into our jails to minister to inmates. For some reason his hate doesn't taint his organization. This is another example of the double standard. Anything even remotely associated with "white racism" is thrown out with the bathwater.

rtwngAvngr said:
But despite all his rhetoric, the NOI is allowed into our jails to minister to inmates. For some reason his hate doesn't taint his organization. This is another example of the double standard. Anything even remotely associated with "white racism" is thrown out with the bathwater.
Little by little your arguments are going away. Since when does the MSM determine who's allowed into our jails to minister to inmates? And what exactly shows that white-racist ministers aren't given similar access to prisons?

You kinda skip right over supporting that implied assertion. I'm not here to let you get away with that. Defend your claim.

jAZ said:
Little by little your arguments are going away. Since when does the MSM determine who's allowed into our jails to minister to inmates? And what exactly shows that white-racist ministers aren't given similar access to prisons?

You kinda skip right over supporting that implied assertion. I'm not here to let you get away with that. Defend your claim.

Well they don't raise a stink about it. If White racists were peddling influence in jail they would throw a fit. Their silence is the proof.

rtwngAvngr said:
Well they don't raise a stink about it. If White racists were peddling influence in jail they would throw a fit. Their silence is the proof.
Who would make a stink about it, the MSM? I guess their silence on NoI is also proof of the same as well?

jAZ said:
It helps if you have an honest view of history...

http://www.cnn.com/WORLD/Newsbriefs/9601/01-28/index.html

Farakkhan meets Mandela, stirs controversy
JOHANNESBURG, South Africa (CNN) -- American black Muslim leader Louis Farrakhan met Sunday with South African President Nelson Mandela and said he agrees with his anti- racial views.

Last week, the leader of the U.S.-based Nation of Islam visited with Libyan leader Colonel Moammar Gadhafi. Farrakhan has made statements attacking Jews and whites. He met with Mandela for 40 minutes.​

http://www.cnn.com/US/Newsbriefs/9602/02-15/index.html

Farrakhan's Iran visit called 'shameful'
WASHINGTON (CNN) -- The State Department blasted National of Islam leader Louis Farrakhan Wednesday for meeting with radical Middle East leaders.

"It's shameful that an American citizen, much less a major religious leader in the United States, would cavort with dictators like Gadhafi and the Iranian leadership," said Nicholas Burns of the State Department.

"It's shameful that he would stand in Teheran and declare that his fellow countrymen live in a country which is the Great Satan, when those people who stood with him in Teheran took American diplomats hostage," Burns said.

Farrakhan previously had traveled to Libya. He was in Iran to help that nation celebrate the coming to power 17 years ago of the Ayatollah Khomeini.

A representative of The Nation of Islam told CNN they would not comment on the State Department remarks.​

http://www.cnn.com/US/Newsbriefs/9602/02-26/index.html

February 26, 1996
Web posted at: 9:20 p.m. EST

Justice Department probes Farrakhan's trip abroad

WASHINGTON (CNN) -- The U.S. Justice Department has launched a probe into the recent activities of Nation of Islam leader Louis Farrakhan.

Farrakhan's recent 18-nation tour included stops in countries the United States accuses of sponsoring terrorism -- including Libya, Iran, and Iraq. During the trip, Farrakhan met with Libyan leader Moammer Gadhafi and Iraqi president Saddam Hussein. Gadhafi reportedly offered Farrakhan several million dollars to influence political elections and international policy in the United States.

The Justice Department has sent Farrakhan a letter advising him that his activities may make him a "foreign agent" who must register with the U.S. government and disclose spending practices.

White House spokesman Mike McCurry said Monday the inquiry "arises out of the thugfest tour that Farrakhan had in Africa (in) which he met with the most brutal dictators and leaders of nations that the United States considers the pariah states."​

I could keep going... but this seems sufficient.

Sufficient to do WHAT exactly? Farrakham's trip to the Middle East has exactly WHAT to do with my post?

It helps if you have an honest view about what topic is being discussed.

jAZ said:
And if GunnyL had said "the MSM refused to call him a racist", I wouldn't have posted those articles. I posted them to refute his assertion. Not to refute yours. Stay focused.

You have refuted nothing. What you have proven is that you can take a general statement and go literalist on it. I did not however make the statement that Farrakham is presented as Jesus Christ each and every time his name appears in print or is uttered by the MSM.

Farrakham is not presented by the media as a racist, while David Dukes was. Treatement is not equal. THAT is the point.

GunnyL said:
You have refuted nothing. What you have proven is that you can take a general statement and go literalist on it. I did not however make the statement that Farrakham is presented as Jesus Christ each and every time his name appears in print or is uttered by the MSM.

Farrakham is not presented by the media as a racist, while David Dukes was. Treatement is not equal. THAT is the point.
Yeh, buboo doesn't understand the concept of prove, owned, whatever. He just wants to 'feel good', no matter how inadequate.

Kathianne said:
Yeh, buboo doesn't understand the concept of prove, owned, whatever. He just wants to 'feel good', no matter how inadequate.

Based on the two threads I have encounted him in, the MSM has obviously done a damned-good job on HIM. :laugh:

GunnyL said:
Farrakham is not presented by the media as a racist, while David Dukes was.
Oh my. You must have missed this from CNN.
jAZ said:
<snip>

<snip>

<snip>

It's not just Jews that find Farrakhan's disdain: "Murder and lying comes easy for white people." -- 1994 speech.
I'm not sure how you missed it, but you can't make such broad claims about the liberal MSM in the face of this article. It just doesn't hold up.

They brand him a racist by reporting lots of other people's quotes directly calling him a racist.

jAZ said:
Oh my. You must have missed this from CNN.

I'm not sure how you missed it, but you can't make such broad claims about the liberal MSM in the face of this article. It just doesn't hold up.

They brand him a racist by reporting lots of other people's quotes directly calling him a racist.

The fact that he is labelled racist in one article means exactly not a damned thing. And, CNN has not labelled him a racist. CNN merely makes the comment he is labelled one by some of the African American community.

Congressman Franks is NOT the MSM.

The ADL is NOT the MSM.

So I missed nothing except the stretch you are taking to come to your conclusion, nor the assumption that I made a statement about the "liberal" MSM.

Your overly-sensitive liberal skin has led you to react to a statement that was not made.

GunnyL said:
The fact that he is labelled racist in one article means exactly not a damned thing. And, CNN has not labelled him a racist. CNN merely makes the comment he is labelled one by some of the African American community.

Congressman Franks is NOT the MSM.

The ADL is NOT the MSM.

So I missed nothing except the stretch you are taking to come to your conclusion, nor the assumption that I made a statement about the "liberal" MSM.

Your overly-sensitive liberal skin has led you to react to a statement that was not made.

Whether or not you view such a MSM as a "liberal" MSM is a fair critique. If you didn't say it, I shouldn't attribute it to you regardless of whether or not you believe it. For that I both apologize and retract that assertion. My mistake.

Other than this point, you don't have a leg to stand on here.

CNN wrote an article in which it prominantly told the story of LF's racist past with damning quotes directly.

A MSM who's goal is to "(hold) up (LF) as some kind of vituous example for African Americans" would not include such quotes, nor would they even write such an article to begin with.

I'd also LOVE to see a few MSM news articles (not a columnist or op-ed)where the author himself asserted as fact that David Duke was a racist. If anything, you will likely only be able to provide a nearly identical article where the author quotes (or at most pulls the unspecified "some people say is".

But maybe you can prove me wrong.

Do a quick search of CNN.com. That's how I found all these LF articles. It should take you 10 minutes or less to find what you are looking for there as well. They go back many years and everying is free. This way we are comparing apples to apples.

I'll be interested to see YOU support with any evidence YOUR assertions as I have done with mine.

Forum List

Back