Say High To A Black Today

mudwhistle

Diamond Member
Gold Supporting Member
Jul 21, 2009
Headmaster's Office, Hogwarts
I noticed that some folks are afraid to make eye contact with me. I've been noticing it a bit more lately. Especially blacks.

I remember this was the case long ago, and now it seems to be back. Or it could be I'm just noticing it more.

So I tried going out of my way to say "Sup" to blacks that are looking at the ground rather than look me in the eye.

Almost every time they respond in kind.

Try it and see how it works.

I don't care if he or she is dressed to the nines or wearing a hoodie and saggy pants.

I've said Good Morning to a butt-load already this morning. And Middle Easterners, Hispanics, Africans (I think I should mention them separately), and a few whites.

One kid is walking around school with the flag of the Phillipines wrapped around his back. Not sure if he is Philipino. He comes in next period so I'll ask.

I noticed that some folks are afraid to make eye contact with me. I've been noticing it a bit more lately. Especially blacks.

I remember this was the case long ago, and now it seems to be back. Or it could be I'm just noticing it more.

So I tried going out of my way to say "Sup" to blacks that are looking at the ground rather than look me in the eye.

I don't care if he or she is dressed to the nines or wearing a hoodie and saggy pants.

That's a great idea, Muddy. There is so much uneasiness that has arisen now between the two races. Some welcome it, but most don't and just want to feel they can trust the member of the opposite races. Most want to live in harmony. It is the fringe elements of both races that are causing the problems.

I still think we will have a civil war and I think it is being orchestrated between radicals, who do not fear reprisal, because of a president who will not get in the middle and put a stop to it, or lead.

That's a great idea, Muddy. There is so much uneasiness that has arisen now between the two races. Some welcome it, but most don't and just want to feel they can trust the member of the opposite races. Most want to live in harmony. It is the fringe elements of both races that are causing the problems.

I still think we will have a civil war and I think it is being orchestrated between radicals, who do not fear reprisal, because of a president who will not get in the middle and put a stop to it, or lead.

If you're shy try one of these.

I have two btw.

sup-ups-parody-t-shirt-xl.jpg

If you're shy try one of these.

I have two btw.

sup-ups-parody-t-shirt-xl.jpg

Shy would be the last adjective one would accuse me of. lol. I am often the first in any situation, to initiate a friendly welcome. I love to smile, and do it often. :)

It isn't something I would do! I've already caused enough trouble being racist by trying to prove how non-racist I was.

A few years ago I was bitten by the Hat bug. Like in the 60s. I started wearing a hat. Hats at this time, in the 90s, was very unfashionable. I was walking through a parking lot when coming toward me was a large black family, extremely well dressed. Grandmother was wearing a very elaborate hat so as I passed, I said "nice hat". Immediately six of her football player sized grandsons surrounded me telling me off because I was being racist toward Grandma by speaking to her without permission. I was astounded, startled. It was completely unexpected, but it SHOULD have been expected. Anything can be a racist slur. They demanded that I apologize and PAY Grandmother compensation for hurting her feelings by being racist. I said and I quote "I am very sorry that I hurt your feelings by thinking that we are two of the most beautiful hat wearing ladies in the entire City of Los Angeles but I don't have any money to pay you. I might have some change in the bottom of my purse if that's acceptable."

I gave her a handful of change and went on my way. I bought the peace, and encouraged intimidation next time for the next person. If this was an isolated incident, I could dismiss it as being some crazy people but it isn't. Since then, I have been shaken down on quite a few occasions. Sometimes the attempt fell short but only because I got even crazier than the guy trying to shake me down.

Whites can be assholes, but don't ask to be paid for it.

Then I have seen black people capable of the most incredible acts of kindness and selflessness. People who go far, far, out of their way to be humane and caring.

You never know! Never. There is no way to tell who is going to be an asshole and who isnt. We should all wear mickey mouse hats, instead of ears, there would be a sign saying "I am a JERK". Mine would say "Fuck off. I'm a BITCH".

It is a nice thought that if we only become nicer to one another we will all be nicer to one another but it's not going to happen. I'd be extremely careful who I approached with some kind of gesture.

It isn't something I would do! I've already caused enough trouble being racist by trying to prove how non-racist I was.

A few years ago I was bitten by the Hat bug. Like in the 60s. I started wearing a hat. Hats at this time, in the 90s, was very unfashionable. I was walking through a parking lot when coming toward me was a large black family, extremely well dressed. Grandmother was wearing a very elaborate hat so as I passed, I said "nice hat". Immediately six of her football player sized grandsons surrounded me telling me off because I was being racist toward Grandma by speaking to her without permission. I was astounded, startled. It was completely unexpected, but it SHOULD have been expected. Anything can be a racist slur. They demanded that I apologize and PAY Grandmother compensation for hurting her feelings by being racist. I said and I quote "I am very sorry that I hurt your feelings by thinking that we are two of the most beautiful hat wearing ladies in the entire City of Los Angeles but I don't have any money to pay you. I might have some change in the bottom of my purse if that's acceptable."

I gave her a handful of change and went on my way. I bought the peace, and encouraged intimidation next time for the next person. If this was an isolated incident, I could dismiss it as being some crazy people but it isn't. Since then, I have been shaken down on quite a few occasions. Sometimes the attempt fell short but only because I got even crazier than the guy trying to shake me down.

Then I have seen black people capable of the most incredible acts of kindness and selflessness. People who go far, far, out of their way to be humane and caring.

You never know! Never. There is no way to tell who is going to be an asshole and who isnt. We should all wear mickey mouse hats, instead of ears, there would be a sign saying "I am a JERK". Mine would say "Fuck off. I'm a BITCH".

It is a nice thought that if we only become nicer to one another we will all be nicer to one another but it's not going to happen. I'd be extremely careful who I approached with some kind of gesture.

Katz are you serious? that story doesn't sound too realistic to me.:doubt:

There's a lesson in there though.

Lack of understanding is usually the root of prejudice.

what complete bullshit

There's a lesson in there though.

Lack of understanding is usually the root of prejudice.

Good point.

Maybe if your party stopped trying to keep black people from voting it would ne MORE effective.

"will not lead"?

He leads and everywhere he leads you scream at him out of pure hate

Forum List

Back