Say Goodbye To That Stupid Wall

Considering the number of men and women in all of America's wars, a southern border wall is a sad turn of events. But, I guess it's a new type of warfare now and is necessary.

I think it is highly likely the Democrats and Trump will come together on rebuilding our infrastructure. Trump talked a lot about infrastructure when he was campaigning in 2016.

Democrats have always been big on infrastructure spending. The Republicans, not so much.

Now that the Dems have the House, we will see some new infrastructure, but it won't be TH3 WAIL. :lol:

I don't understand. What infrastructure? I thought Obama and the Democraps in 2009, passed that massive spending bill, to fix all our infrastructure.

Was that all a lie? Or was there really not a big infrastructure problem as you claim? Where did all that money go, that you people on the left-wing, all cited infrastructure as the justification for?

And if you didn't fix all of our critical infrastructure with the biggest spending bill in US history..... why should we trust you with that same 'crying wolf' routine now? How can we believe anything you say? We believed you in 2009, spent $4 Trillion dollars in debt in 4 years, and now you are saying the same thing all over again? Why should anyone trust you? What case would you make that you still have credibility here?

There wasn't any chance it was going to happen with a republican controlled congress. They can pass all the bills they want in the House but none of them could get past the democratic filibuster in the Senate.

Now there won't be any bills in the House for the wall either.

So say goodbye to that huge waste of taxpayer money.

Here's a suggestion, get trump to keep his promise to you, get the money from Mexico.

I don't know how it will happen, nor do I know who will pay for it.

Regardless it still needs done.

Either that, or we need to start shooting illegals. We need to have a more secure border. If you have a better solution, let's hear it.

But if you have no other solution, then we need a wall.
What we don’t need is this sort of rightwing fear, bigotry, and hate.

Protecting our borders is not fear, bigotry or hate. What we don't need is left-wing fear, bigotry and hate. Such as your post just now.

Immigrants come to the US seeking freedom. If we really want to stem the tide, we need to curtail as much freedom as possible here in the States. We need to crank up the War on Drugs™, establish a national ID card and empower police to do spot checks for proof of legal status. We need to build walls, the more the merrier, and staff them with armed soldiers ready to shoot anyone who defies them. If we do that hardcore enough, they'll get the message. They'll have no incentive to come here and the problem will be solved.

Immigrants come to the US seeking freedom. If we really want to stem the tide, we need to curtail as much freedom as possible here in the States. We need to crank up the War on Drugs™, establish a national ID card and empower police to do spot checks for proof of legal status. We need to build walls, the more the merrier, and staff them with armed soldiers ready to shoot anyone who defies them. If we do that hardcore enough, they'll get the message. They'll have no incentive to come here and the problem will be solved.

So you have personally vetted each and every single person coming across the border illegally, and determined that they are only coming here seeking 'freedom'?

So you think eliminating drugs which destroy people's lives, and kill thousands of youths every year..... means we have less freedom?

You think that having a police officer enforcing the law, means we have less freedom? So in your world we should open the prisons, and let murderers, rapists, vandals and thieves out to abuse the public, is freedom?

Why do we need a national ID card? I don't know what that has to do with anything.

By the way, you are not one of these people believing that minorities are oppressed, and the rich people hold everyone down, institutional racism, and no one can succeed in the US..... right? Because you can't believe in BLM protests, and then claim people come here for freedom.

Those are contradictory positions.

So you have personally vetted each and every single person coming across the border illegally, and determined that they are only coming here seeking 'freedom'?

So you think eliminating drugs which destroy people's lives, and kill thousands of youths every year..... means we have less freedom?

You think that having a police officer enforcing the law, means we have less freedom? So in your world we should open the prisons, and let murderers, rapists, vandals and thieves out to abuse the public, is freedom?

Why do we need a national ID card? I don't know what that has to do with anything.

Police need a clear way to identify "illegals", and just generally keep tabs on everyone. Remember, the point is to clamp down on freedom.

By the way, you are not one of these people believing that minorities are oppressed, and the rich people hold everyone down, institutional racism, and no one can succeed in the US..... right? Because you can't believe in BLM protests, and then claim people come here for freedom.

Nope.

Police need a clear way to identify "illegals", and just generally keep tabs on everyone. Remember, the point is to clamp down on freedom.

Nope.

Again... how is enforcing the law..... clamping down on Freedom?

You do know that without law enforcement there is no freedom.... right? In fact, I would even argue that it is the enforcement of the law, the creates freedom.

I remember watching this video of a discussion between a couple of women, and one was an immigrant to the US from Singapore, and the other was a native of New York. So this was the late 90s, when NYC was still one of the top murder cities in the world.

The women from Singapore, was arguing that they needed to drastically increase police and law enforcement. The women from NYC said they enjoy their freedom, and don't want more policing.

At this point the Singaporean replied that she could go anywhere in Singapore, at any time of the day or night, without any fear whatsoever, of anything, not even pick pocketing, let alone rape or murder, and you can't even go into your own city part. (referring to the central park jogger incident).

Point is, she is right. Law enforcement, creates freedom. Without law enforcement, there is no freedom.

When you look at videos of the LA riots, where police completely withdrew from the area... is that freedom? People being abused? Homes and businesses being ransacked? Buildings burning down? Is that what freedom looks like?

When you see Chicago, where police after the BLM protests, pulled back, and murders shot up and crime was rampant.... is that freedom?

No. That is not freedom. Law, and the enforcement of the law, is what freedom looks like.

Drastically improving our law enforcement, is not a clamp down on freedom, it is the expansion of freedom.

Schooled? I taught the subject for 21 years, dumbass!

You do realize that Senate rewrites their rules every time a new Congress is seated, right?

What is to say that the nuclear option applies to all legislation in the new Senate?

All it takes is 51 votes, and you know they have more than that.

Don't challenge the master when you are still so wet behind the ears that your nickname is "Niagra"!!
LOLOL

You didn’t even know how Democrats could stop Republicans in the Senate. Yes indeed, you were schooled. It’s called a “filibuster.”

OK, listen up one ore time dumbass. I taught the subject for 21 years in public and DoD schools. I know all about the filibuster, but the Republicans can change the rules so that the Democrats actually have to stand and talk during their filibuster. How many of those ancient Democrats do you think would last more than a half hour at the podium?

You are just pissed because I know more than you do about everything! Get used to it, junior!
You could have taught it for 50 years, you still didn’t know Democrats could stop Republicans with filibusters. You’re welcome for the free edification.

FOAD. Welcome to ignore for being a moron AND and asshole!
Great, so you’re a pussy along with being an idiot. Meanwhile, had you actually known Democrats could stop Republicans in the Senate, you would never have asked such a stupid question.

So there will be no wall for trump. Should such a bill make it to the Senate, Democrats can do this thing called a “filibuster.”

:dance:

Exactly as I said.

The republicans can thank themselves for this. If they had not instituted the non stop filibuster in the Obama years, the precedence wouldn't have been set. The republicans used the filibuster to control all legislation in the senate when they were the minority in the Obama years. I guess they expected the democrats to not have gained spines. Democrats have gained spines and have control of all legislation in the senate even though they are the minority.

So in January the democrats will have control of the House of Reps with the majority and control of all legislation in the senate with the minority filibuster.

If republicans don't trash the legislation that comes from the House, it has a chance for democrats in the senate to allow it to pass. If the republicans trash the legislation from the House then the democrats will use the filibuster to stop it.

If the republicans decide to be mature adults and compromise and put the good of the nation first we could get some good legislation.

We will see what happens.

If the republicans decide to be mature adults and compromise and put the good of the nation first we could get some good legislation.
A genuine nightmare scenario.

Yup it's the republican "my way or the highway."

If the republicans left in the congress take that attitude no legislation will get done in the next two years.

The investigations into trump will be the only thing that happens in the congress for the next two years.

That should be interesting.

In two years there will be more republicans who have to defend their seats in the senate than the democrats.

Meanwhile all the truths about the corruption of the trump administration will be exposed.

Good luck with that 2020 election.

A genuine nightmare scenario.

Yup it's the republican "my way or the highway."

If the republicans left in the congress take that attitude no legislation will get done in the next two years.

The investigations into trump will be the only thing that happens in the congress for the next two years.

That should be interesting.

In two years there will be more republicans who have to defend their seats in the senate than the democrats.

Meanwhile all the truths about the corruption of the trump administration will be exposed.

Good luck with that 2020 election.

Corruption? The only corruption seems to be between the Democrats, and the DOJ/FBI?

You realize that Trump will still control the FBI to take down Democrats, right?

New Topics

Forum List

Back