Say Buh-BYE To General Georgie's Mercs!!!

I have some of those "mercs" in my office. Most of them are civil engineers; the rest are GIS and IT.

You think every contractor is a gun-toter? Dumbass. :lol:

Yeah, right....they're all non-combatants.....just like corpsmen, right? :rolleyes:

pretty much. is being stupid painful or do you just not notice? :rofl:

The command includes about 2,800 military and civilian positions supported by 3,000 contractors at an annual cost of $240 million. Its responsibilities, which include managing the allocation of global forces and running programs to press the armed services to work together on the battlefield, will be reassigned, mostly to personnel working under the chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff at the Pentagon.

Mr. Gates also called for a 10 percent annual reduction in spending on contractors who provide support services to the military, including money for intelligence-related contracts, and he placed a freeze on the number of workers in the office of the secretary of defense, other Pentagon supervisory agencies and the headquarters of the military’s combat commands.

http://www.nytimes.com/2010/08/10/us/10gates.html?_r=1&scp=3&sq=robert gates&st=cse

:clap2:

Always good to see someone virtually bitch slap this idiot asshole troll Mr. SheMan

I have some of those "mercs" in my office. Most of them are civil engineers; the rest are GIS and IT.

Whatever they do, they are overpaid to do a job that soldier could do.

Kind of like the six figure Baghdad lifeguards or the omelet flippers in Bagram.
Then we're going to have to increase the numbers of active duty and guard/reserve troops.

You think the left is going to support that? I don't.

Why have we not named the "stupid crap" subforum the Mr. SheMan subforum?

lack of multicolored font is my guess

LMAO

Seriously we need to cut Ol'Sherpa a break.

Just remember he ain't got a lot to celebrate with the Boy King in power.

We must leave him with a little ray of sunshine. something he can gloat over.. LOL

Last edited:

Yeah, right....they're all non-combatants.....just like corpsmen, right? :rolleyes:

The command includes about 2,800 military and civilian positions supported by 3,000 contractors at an annual cost of $240 million. Its responsibilities, which include managing the allocation of global forces and running programs to press the armed services to work together on the battlefield, will be reassigned, mostly to personnel working under the chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff at the Pentagon.

Mr. Gates also called for a 10 percent annual reduction in spending on contractors who provide support services to the military, including money for intelligence-related contracts, and he placed a freeze on the number of workers in the office of the secretary of defense, other Pentagon supervisory agencies and the headquarters of the military’s combat commands.

http://www.nytimes.com/2010/08/10/us/10gates.html?_r=1&scp=3&sq=robert gates&st=cse

So del, what your telling me is...

Thread fail... Again?

Thread fail... Again?

that's my initial evaluation, yes.

Thread fail... Again?

Pretty much what I figured, just needed verification. Another piece of evidence for the file. I am close to determining, based on a consistant pattern of partisan hackery and myopic ideology, that the author of the OP is not worthy of serious consideration.

Thread fail... Again?

Pretty much what I figured, just needed verification. Another piece of evidence for the file. I am close to determining, based on a consistant pattern of partisan hackery and myopic ideology, that the author of the OP is not worthy of serious consideration.

oh, c'mon. nothing reeks of gravitas and steadfastness of purpose like a multicolored post with embedded links. get with the program. :lol:

oh, c'mon. nothing reeks of gravitas and steadfastness of purpose like a multicolored post with embedded links. get with the program. :lol:

Don't forget centering! If it's really important, center that post!

Don't forget centering! If it's really important, center that post!

god, i feel so stupid...

Kind of like the six figure Baghdad lifeguards or the omelet flippers in Bagram.
Then we're going to have to increase the numbers of active duty and guard/reserve troops.

At one time, the Army was completely self sufficient. That's the entire point of an Army. To go somewhere and be able to support itself for extended operations.

Things were plugging along just fine until Rumsfield had his bright idea to sub-contract out logistics jobs. It was part and parcel of his idea to give the military a root canal (some of which I agreed with).

I am sure the military will get along just fine with the way things were. We don't really need burger kings and KBR short order cooks in firebases. The men need food, bullets, and gear more than whoppers.

The larger message to the war profiteers (the large corporations like KBR) is this: Your day is done.

At one time, the Army was completely self sufficient. That's the entire point of an Army. To go somewhere and be able to support itself for extended operations.

Things were plugging along just fine until Rumsfield had his bright idea to sub-contract out logistics jobs. It was part and parcel of his idea to give the military a root canal (some of which I agreed with).

I am sure the military will get along just fine with the way things were. We don't really need burger kings and KBR short order cooks in firebases. The men need food, bullets, and gear more than whoppers.

The larger message to the war profiteers (the large corporations like KBR) is this: Your day is done.
Rumsfeld? :lol: I think you're blaming the wrong guy. Might want to read up on the history of LOGCAP.

Rumsfeld? :lol: I think you're blaming the wrong guy. Might want to read up on the history of LOGCAP.

Amend original post to read: "Until Rumsfeld greatly expanded the role of LOGCAP to include putting contractors in the middle of the combat zone".

I am glad Gates is addressing this issue. While everyone likes a warm omelette, the irony that the guys flipping omelets was making much more money than an infantry private who was actually in the fight was not lost on the soldiers. The bottom line is that civilian contractors are not so integral to the mission that that military can't get along with drastic cutbacks to their roles. I recognize that there will always be some jobs that are so technical that they will have to be subcontracted out. However, Rumsfield expanded the jobs KBR filled to absurd levels.

Gates obviously recognizes this and is taking steps to rectify it. One more reason why Gates is a superior SECDEF and Rumsfield was a total disaster.

Amend original post to read: "Until Rumsfeld greatly expanded the role of LOGCAP to include putting contractors in the middle of the combat zone".

I am glad Gates is addressing this issue. While everyone likes a warm omelette, the irony that the guys flipping omelets was making much more money than an infantry private who was actually in the fight was not lost on the soldiers. The bottom line is that civilian contractors are not so integral to the mission that that military can't get along with drastic cutbacks to their roles. I recognize that there will always be some jobs that are so technical that they will have to be subcontracted out. However, Rumsfield expanded the jobs KBR filled to absurd levels.

Gates obviously recognizes this and is taking steps to rectify it. One more reason why Gates is a superior SECDEF and Rumsfield was a total disaster.
Sure.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aNUr__-VZeQ&playnext=1&videos=FZqhI5JG7Bk]YouTube - ‪The Horror.AVI‬‎[/ame]

Are you talking about corpsmen or "corpse-men"? :lol:
Power Line - Is Obama a Corpse-man?

Forum List

Back