Say Buh-BYE To General Georgie's Mercs!!!

Mr. Shaman

May 4, 2010
"Eliminating the Joint Forces Command is just one of a wide-ranging series of proposals presented by Gates. Others include:

-- Eliminating some of the 65 military boards and commissions to cut the budget for them by 25 percent in fiscal year 2011;

-- A review of all Defense Department intelligence to eliminate needless duplication;

-- Eliminating the Defense Department's Business Transformation Agency, which has day-to-day oversight of acquisition programs that would be handled by others in the department;

-- Reducing funding for service support contractors by 10 percent a year for each of the next three yearshttp://edition.cnn.com/2010/POLITIC...ml?iref=storysearch#fbid=dYuMPCz7-7X&wom=true;

-- Freezing the number of jobs in the Officer of the Secretary of Defense, the Defense Agencies and Combatant Commands at current levels;

-- Seeking to stop "brass creep," a term former Sen. John Glenn used for situations when higher-ranking officers were doing jobs that lower ranking officers could handle. To address that problem, Gates is ordering a freeze on the number of generals, admirals and senior civilian officials at current levels."

:woohoo:

"Eliminating the Joint Forces Command is just one of a wide-ranging series of proposals presented by Gates. Others include:

-- Reducing funding for service support contractors by 10 percent a year for each of the next three yearshttp://edition.cnn.com/2010/POLITIC...ml?iref=storysearch#fbid=dYuMPCz7-7X&wom=true;

I have some of those "mercs" in my office. Most of them are civil engineers; the rest are GIS and IT.

You think every contractor is a gun-toter? Dumbass. :lol:

I have some of those "mercs" in my office. Most of them are civil engineers; the rest are GIS and IT.

from what i've read, most of the contractors being let go are IT types.

Yeah, right....they're all non-combatants.....just like corpsmen, right? :rolleyes:

from what i've read, most of the contractors being let go are IT types.
Those bloodthirsty, baby-killing IT guys! :eek:

taking out innocent civilians with nested ifs.

the horror...

howwawcopyiu6.jpg

If they reduce the number of Generals, will they also close down some of the General Hospitals? With fewer Generals, there shouldn't be that many of them getting sick. Maybe could save a few bucks here. Just a thought.

I remember when I was with Joint Forces... seems a thousand centuries ago. We went into a camp to inoculate some children's computers. We left the camp after we had inoculated the computers against malware, and this old man came running after us and he was crying. He couldn't see. We went back there, and they had come and hacked off every inoculated hard drive. There they were in a pile. A pile of little hard drives. And I remember... I... I... I cried, I wept like some grandmother. I wanted to tear my teeth out; I didn't know what I wanted to do! And I want to remember it. I never want to forget it... I never want to forget.

...the horror...

Yeah, right....they're all non-combatants.....just like corpsmen, right? :rolleyes:

pretty much. is being stupid painful or do you just not notice? :rofl:

The command includes about 2,800 military and civilian positions supported by 3,000 contractors at an annual cost of $240 million. Its responsibilities, which include managing the allocation of global forces and running programs to press the armed services to work together on the battlefield, will be reassigned, mostly to personnel working under the chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff at the Pentagon.

Mr. Gates also called for a 10 percent annual reduction in spending on contractors who provide support services to the military, including money for intelligence-related contracts, and he placed a freeze on the number of workers in the office of the secretary of defense, other Pentagon supervisory agencies and the headquarters of the military’s combat commands.

http://www.nytimes.com/2010/08/10/us/10gates.html?_r=1&scp=3&sq=robert gates&st=cse

Didn't you guys know all the contractors are out raping and pillaging?

Oh, wait, that's the U.N. Never mind, my bad.

I remember when I was with Joint Forces... seems a thousand centuries ago. We went into a camp to inoculate some children's computers. We left the camp after we had inoculated the computers against malware, and this old man came running after us and he was crying. He couldn't see. We went back there, and they had come and hacked off every inoculated hard drive. There they were in a pile. A pile of little hard drives. And I remember... I... I... I cried, I wept like some grandmother. I wanted to tear my teeth out; I didn't know what I wanted to do! And I want to remember it. I never want to forget it... I never want to forget.

...the horror...

I feel your pain.

...the horror...

I feel your pain.
President Clinton? Is that you? :eek:

Whatever they do, they are overpaid to do a job that soldier could do.

Kind of like the six figure Baghdad lifeguards or the omelet flippers in Bagram.

Forum List

Back