Saw this, Liked It. Rick Perry's Out in the Open Bigotry

He is...

But he pulls off a win in Iowa, and SC, the dynamic might change.

here's the thing that I see. The GOP base is desperately looking for a "not Romney". More like a "Jesus Christ, anyone but Romney!" The GOP establishment has responded by sandbagging anyone who threatens Romney coronation.

Perry's already taken his hits... And after the Gingrich Scare, the establishment might figure they can live with Perry when they realize Romney's never going to break out of his 25% box.

He is...

here's the thing that I see. The GOP base is desperately looking for a "not Romney". More like a "Jesus Christ, anyone but Romney!" The GOP establishment has responded by sandbagging anyone who threatens Romney coronation.

Perry's already taken his hits... And after the Gingrich Scare, the establishment might figure they can live with Perry when they realize Romney's never going to break out of his 25% box.

Where would Vegas place those odds. Put a fork in him....

He is...

I would say it's an outside shot right now. But not outside the realm of possibility.

People wrote John McCain off as dead in December 2007, and he came back and won the nomination.

I do think the establishment is pretty determined to foist Romney on the electorate, and the GOP will probably lose if that happens.

He is...

I would say it's an outside shot right now. But not outside the realm of possibility.

People wrote John McCain off as dead in December 2007, and he came back and won the nomination.

I do think the establishment is pretty determined to foist Romney on the electorate, and the GOP will probably lose if that happens.

I am not excited about any of them. If the GOP maintains its tea party backbone I will support who ever wins the nom. Shoving the Senate bill back in Reids face shows signs of life. We will see.

I'm not thrilled about any of them, either. I remember my first election, 1980, the GOP had a wealth of riches- Reagan, Bush, Dole, Baker... guys of real stature.

Now we have Romney. And Perry. And Gingrich. And Ron Paul.

Well, he's right of course.

Perry yeah hes Right.

But he is not correct.

He has NEVER contained the brains one needs to be president.

As a matter of fact hes shown what fools there are in Texas who would elect such a clown to their govenorship

I'm not thrilled about any of them, either. I remember my first election, 1980, the GOP had a wealth of riches- Reagan, Bush, Dole, Baker... guys of real stature.

Thank the tea party

You're bound and determined to go down with the ship aren't you? :D

Maybe it's just me but if someone wants to enlist in the service and defend the country, the last thing on my mind is whether she likes girls or he likes guys.

To put it in context of the so-called conservative from Texas...it's amazing how he and his supporters want to tell you whom you can love, marry, and what lifestyle you want to lead but tell the voters that they want government to get our of our lives.

No one, especially Perry, wants to tell you any of those things.
Quit making shit up.

You're bound and determined to go down with the ship aren't you? :D

Maybe it's just me but if someone wants to enlist in the service and defend the country, the last thing on my mind is whether she likes girls or he likes guys.

To put it in context of the so-called conservative from Texas...it's amazing how he and his supporters want to tell you whom you can love, marry, and what lifestyle you want to lead but tell the voters that they want government to get our of our lives.

No one, especially Perry, wants to tell you any of those things.
Quit making shit up.

Its precisely the same mindset he had when he wanted 13 year old girls to get injections for STDs....total government domination of your private lives. One really should really brush up on those who they say they support.

Thank the tea party

More along the lines of if you have a president for 8 years, the party atrophies.

The Dems had the same problem in 2004 and 1984. A lot of weak candidates.

I became the 599,464th person to dislike Rick Perry's anti-gay ad titled "Strong" on YouTube. Only 17,811 people have clicked they like it. This is the Rick Perry zinger:

You don't need to be in the pew every Sunday to know there's something wrong in this country when gays can serve openly in the military but our kids can't openly celebrate Christmas or pray in school.

Bigotry out loud. Perry probably can't pull off a win in the presidential primary at this point. He was the big anti-Romney hope of many GOP candidates, until he began speaking in debates.

My worry is that he'll rank up in the stratosphere for a cabinet level job if Romney or Newt managed to beat President Obama. Perry's bigotry will dog him for sure -- but so too will GOP strategist Mike Murphy's delicious tweet:
Listening to Perry try to a put a complicated policy sentence together is like watching a chimp play with a locked suitcase...

One can't retweet this too much.

By Steve Clemons writing in The Atlantic

PS: The video is so "popular" that the publisher has disabled comments. The publisher is Rickperry.org

The organization is almost as dumb as the candidate.

The dislikes are now at 704,001 as of this writing. The campaign is keeping in on YouTube. Unbelieveable.

You don't need to be in the pew every Sunday to know there's something wrong in this country when gays can serve openly in the military but our kids can't openly celebrate Christmas or pray in school.

Is Perry really this ignorant or is this just red meat for the social conservatives he believes are ignorant?

Of course children may openly celebrate Christmas or pray in school, provided it’s not initiated by school employees or otherwise authorized by the administration or school board. The Establishment Clause restricts only the state, not private citizens.

Obviously not.

I became the 599,464th person to dislike Rick Perry's anti-gay ad titled "Strong" on YouTube. Only 17,811 people have clicked they like it. This is the Rick Perry zinger:

Bigotry out loud. Perry probably can't pull off a win in the presidential primary at this point. He was the big anti-Romney hope of many GOP candidates, until he began speaking in debates.

My worry is that he'll rank up in the stratosphere for a cabinet level job if Romney or Newt managed to beat President Obama. Perry's bigotry will dog him for sure -- but so too will GOP strategist Mike Murphy's delicious tweet:

One can't retweet this too much.

By Steve Clemons writing in The Atlantic

PS: The video is so "popular" that the publisher has disabled comments. The publisher is Rickperry.org

The organization is almost as dumb as the candidate.

The dislikes are now at 704,001 as of this writing. The campaign is keeping in on YouTube. Unbelieveable.

In the last 8 days, another 10,000 people have gone out of their way to say they hate him and his video.

God Bless America.

Strong - YouTube

I admire Rich Perry's honesty. I'm sure after this election season, he will return to "Niggerhead" and think about what went wrong so he'll be ready the next time. I wish all Republicans were equally as honest. Especially those running for the "WHITE" House.

I ask because the "most Christians will consign anyone to hell for not beliving in Jesus" is a fact...

No it is NOT a fact and it is evidence that you dont know jack about Christianity.

The Catholic Church has admitted that those outside the church and with no knowledge of Christ *can* go to heaven, but they have the advantage of knowing right from wrong if they are Christian, and have the sacraments and a community of faith to assist them also.

It is amazing how many ignatheists and libtards like you think the Baptist church speaks for all of Christendom.

:cuckoo:

What gets me is that his campaign puts out the video on YouTube...basically he self publishes.

The site goes nuts and he gets 600,000 people telling him to, in essence, shut the hell up.

So his campaign disables the comment portion of the video whereby you can't comment on that particular video (other publishers may have comments enabled).

But they still leave the video up itself to draw more fire? Amatuer hour is not over yet as we can tell.

Ooops...I'm not supposed to talk about fire and Perry in the same sentence. He hasn't mastered YouTube much less how to put out fires. LOL

How many of those people were assholes from Daily Kos and other leftist websites.

Like I said, I thought it was an awful commercial. I also thought the Huckabee "Floating Cross" commercial was awful, but it got the job done.

Iowa is still very volatile, and there's only about six point separating the candidates... Perry could pull out a win there and then go on to SC and show well.

Most of the party is still looking for an anti-Romney. The establishment might be a little more comforatable with Perry after crapping their drawers over Newt.

That only 21,000 people "liked" it is more telling than the 600,000+ that basically told Perry to fuck off.

Irregardless of the conspiracy whackjob theory you put forward, that is 600,000+ people with google accounts (necessary to rate videos). So yeah...lets follow the kookoo conspairacy theory all the way through....they got their people to all sign up for Google accounts just so they could give Perry a dislike.

You have shit for brains.

Yeah, right and by your logic every online poll Ron Paul won was accurate?

Good lord almighty you are one stupid ass.

Last edited:
He is...

God do I ever hope that you are right on this matter.

I ask because the "most Christians will consign anyone to hell for not beliving in Jesus" is a fact...

No it is NOT a fact and it is evidence that you dont know jack about Christianity.

The Catholic Church has admitted that those outside the church and with no knowledge of Christ *can* go to heaven, but they have the advantage of knowing right from wrong if they are Christian, and have the sacraments and a community of faith to assist them also.

It is amazing how many ignatheists and libtards like you think the Baptist church speaks for all of Christendom.

:cuckoo:

icon14.gif

Forum List

Back