Saw The Pink Panther

GotZoom

Apr 20, 2005
Cordova, TN
Remake - no.
Adaptation - poor one.

Just not funny. Maybe 2 or 3 lines made me laugh. They went more for sight gag/slapstick humor that really wasn't there.

Beyonce' played a minimal part. Actually could have been replaced with any other good looking actress. It really seems like they wanted to use her to help promote the movie.

I like Jean Reno - he played the "assistant." He did well but the part was really small and a different role for him. Wasn't use to seeing him clean shaven either.

If I had to sum this movie up with one word:

HBO.

The ClayTaurus said:
Steve Martin should have hung 'em up a looooooooooong time ago, IMO.

He was on Saturday Night Live a couple of weeks ago. Wasn't that funny there either.

Prince rocked....but Steve Martin...kind of a yawn.

GotZoom said:
He was on Saturday Night Live a couple of weeks ago. Wasn't that funny there either.

Prince rocked....but Steve Martin...kind of a yawn.

So he's gone the way of Mel Brooks then? That's a shame. It's like they run out of comedic steam.

Well, in his defense, nobody could make SNL funny these days.

I have heard that his writing is really good, though. Maybe he's just gotten too much into the serious stuff.

Then again, his best work was never as reliant on slapstick as Pink Panther appears to be.

But, yeah, I agree that he's not what he once was, comedy-wise, anyway. Maybe he should go the Bill Murray route, do more serious movies.

I will just go watch Roxanne for the fortieth time for my Steve Martin fix, where he is at his best.

On a side note, has anyone her ever been to Nelson, B.C.? It looks so beautiful, but I have heard it is sort of a gathering place for old hippies from the 60's. True?

I saw Steve Martin at the student union in college. He wasn't known at all and there may have been 300 people in the audience. It was back in the baloon animal-bunny ears- arrow thru the head days. . . he was hysterical. His show the next year had 5000 in attendance and the third year he filled LSU's basketball dome.

He made the mistake of trying to redo near perfection with "The Out Of Towners" and it sucked, I can't believe he tried to redo Peter Seller's most well known roll, suicide.. . . "Does yure dawg bite?"

Forum List

Back