Saw the new ‘Picard’ trailer a few times.

d9e.jpg

~S~

"I"ve fallen, and I can't beam up!"

I mean, that's awesome and all that he's 79 years old and still working...

But what's the point?

My guess is that it will be oriented toward old people who grew up on star trek and be filled with old people story lines.

It didn’t stir me in the least to bother with CBS All Access.

I'll say it again, Knife, I LOVE Star Trek, but CBS can go shove their All Access, they should call it No Access or Pay For Access, CBS can go get stuffed anyway, and Discovery can go drop dead, and though 'Picard' looks a lot better, I won't bother with it. Much better stuff far closer to the real Star Trek that Gene wanted and envisioned on Fox's broadcast series: The Orville.

I'll say it again, Knife, I LOVE Star Trek, but CBS can go shove their All Access, they should call it No Access or Pay For Access, CBS can go get stuffed anyway, and Discovery can go drop dead, and though 'Picard' looks a lot better, I won't bother with it. Much better stuff far closer to the real Star Trek that Gene wanted and envisioned on Fox's broadcast series: The Orville.

Gene wanted poop jokes?

I would agree Discovery is a departure from the vision of Gene Roddenberry, but it's still fun to watch.

I think the Original series is an artifact from the sixties, and the Next Gen is so 80's... SO maybe these series say more about us than the future.

Gene wanted poop jokes?

I would agree Discovery is a departure from the vision of Gene Roddenberry, but it's still fun to watch.

I think the Original series is an artifact from the sixties, and the Next Gen is so 80's... SO maybe these series say more about us than the future.
so people on a star ship are not supposed to have a sense of humor?....

Star Trek always had its funny moments, but they never detracted from the seriousness of the characters.

The Orville, the jokes often seem forced.

Also, lots of the stories are kind of derivative. If I wanted to see "Past Prologue" form DS9, I would just watch that episode, not Orville's lame ripoff.

Star Trek always had its funny moments, but they never detracted from the seriousness of the characters.

The Orville, the jokes often seem forced.

Also, lots of the stories are kind of derivative. If I wanted to see "Past Prologue" form DS9, I would just watch that episode, not Orville's lame ripoff.
and people are always going to have "poopy" jokes even in the future,thats called reality joe....and the Orville is better than any of the current "trek" shows on right now which are nothing but shitty attempts to try and be like the old shows....

Forum List

Back