saw Roger Waters and The Wall ....

Trajan

conscientia mille testes
Jun 17, 2010
The Bay Area Soviet
Been busy , anyway, Tuesday night saw Roger do The Wall at the HP pavilion.

The venue was very good as they closed off the 'back' third of the arena for the pops etc.

Roger did his thing; the wall being a straight up political-concept album ( opera?) imho ( some could make the case Animals was too and of course the Final Cut,I don't disagree) it was tad dated in that roger still had Bush up there next to Stalin and Mao with Ipod ear-buds too, and visual messages speaking to “I-” this and “I-” that, it appears roger has a case with Apple....didn't know that, I think its funny but hey roger has always gone his own way.

The show was start to finish top notch, due to probably imaginative filtering roger sounded very good. The musicians played it as faithfully as they could as to David Gilmour and Rick Wright.

The visuals were stunning, they started the show with a pretty massive fireworks display to go along with the album sounds of ‘In the Flesh’, if you have heard the wall and the song that leads the album you’ll know the lead song is and the rhythms and sturm and drang involved.....

I have some great video, they didn’t even bother to try to stop any pics etc and announced roger doesn’t mind pics just no flash because it might white out visual screens he was ruining all the time etc. If I could post the vids I would, oh well.

We did a sing along for ‘Hey You’ which inho is a poignant song and went very well.

Anyway, I will post some pics here, they built the wall as they went played behind it for 2 songs then collapsed it after the verdict was announced by the judge, they had huge mobile mannequins which are seen on the upper right of one of my shots etc....well done, plus they also had a half size stuka dive bomber on a a zipline fly the length of the arena high up and crash with flames etc....the pic is blurry but you’ll see it in the upper right barely it came from over my right shoulder surprising me....the whole show was well worth the coin...enjoy.

the first shot the plane is on the upper right, yellow wings you can see the line it rode, the explosion I missed by a fraction but it was fantastic to go with the rest.

the other pics are pretty much self explanatory.the second is pre-show shot of the wall before they started building it up during the show.

Attachments

• $CIMG0013.jpg
    $CIMG0013.jpg
    188.6 KB · Views: 61
  • $CIMG0002.jpg
    $CIMG0002.jpg
    249.9 KB · Views: 57
some more...

Attachments

• $CIMG0012.jpg
    $CIMG0012.jpg
    270.5 KB · Views: 59
  • $CIMG0020.jpg
    $CIMG0020.jpg
    335.6 KB · Views: 56
  • $CIMG0038.jpg
    $CIMG0038.jpg
    83.8 KB · Views: 55
Last edited:
=( !!!!!!!!!

YOU ARE SO LUCKY.

I was going to go with this girl, but we never got the ball rolling, and by the time we did the tix were like $600 on resale. Sooo disappointed. Then the same thing happened with Rammstein.

Oh well... Awesome that you made it, though!

and...

Attachments

• $CIMG0042.jpg
    $CIMG0042.jpg
    167.1 KB · Views: 55
  • $CIMG0039.jpg
    $CIMG0039.jpg
    109.7 KB · Views: 56
  • $CIMG0057.jpg
    $CIMG0057.jpg
    96.2 KB · Views: 53
annnnnd....

Attachments

• $CIMG0058.jpg
    $CIMG0058.jpg
    189.4 KB · Views: 56
  • $CIMG0059.jpg
    $CIMG0059.jpg
    169.9 KB · Views: 59
  • $CIMG0067.jpg
    $CIMG0067.jpg
    121.3 KB · Views: 50
=( !!!!!!!!!

YOU ARE SO LUCKY.

I was going to go with this girl, but we never got the ball rolling, and by the time we did the tix were like $600 on resale. Sooo disappointed. Then the same thing happened with Rammstein.

thx! I went through a broker because I wanted to sit exactly where I wanted to sit, Ticketmaster is such a fu@king racket, its impossible to get what you want.

I've seen Pink Floyd many times. In my opinion, the Greatest Band Ever, And I stopped smoking weed decades ago! Of course, it seems every time I go, I walked out buzzed anyway, that damn second hand smoke.
Thanks for the pics! VH1 did a documentary, which I watched last week, that's probably been on a few times, but anyway, it offered a great history lesson about the band, the songwriting and of course the members and their rifts, etc.
I have a the original master recording of The Dark Side Of The Moon that has never been opened, I've been told it's worth over $2,000. I will never sell it. I have it in a vault.

I've seen Pink Floyd many times. In my opinion, the Greatest Band Ever, And I stopped smoking weed decades ago! Of course, it seems every time I go, I walked out buzzed anyway, that damn second hand smoke.
Thanks for the pics! VH1 did a documentary, which I watched last week, that's probably been on a few times, but anyway, it offered a great history lesson about the band, the songwriting and of course the members and their rifts, etc.
I have a the original master recording of The Dark Side Of The Moon that has never been opened, I've been told it's worth over $2,000. I will never sell it. I have it in a vault.

did you collect their bootlegs..I did until P2P ruined it....

and yea the contact high was awesome. I was surrounded. :lol:

=( !!!!!!!!!

YOU ARE SO LUCKY.

WOW! I saw Pink Floyd in 1969 at the Filmore East for $10. Camped out over night with a few friends and we got 6th row center seats. It was at the time of the Ummagumma album. The concert was done in surround sound. One of the best concerts I've seen and in a venue that had incredible acoustics.

pink-floyd-ummagumma-mini-lp-set-2-cd-s-and-1-dvd-e90f3.jpg

My love of The Floyd started during the Syd Barrett era. Saw them many times before they imploded (a sad moment in history) and loved every minute of their shows.

I think I was 14 when I dug into my older brothers' record collection.
I thought "hmmm- a cow on the album cover, I wonder what this one's all about".

Too bad I didn't get into the weed until a couple years later.

My love of The Floyd started during the Syd Barrett era. Saw them many times before they imploded (a sad moment in history) and loved every minute of their shows.
I was a DJ in 1967 when we got a 45 of "See Emily Play" at the station, which I promptly made a pick hit. The flip side was "Arnold Lane," I liked that too. When we got the "Piper At The Gates Of Dawn" LP later, I flipped over "Interstellar Overdrive." The 60s was a great decade to be a DJ!

Forum List

Back