Saw a replay of VH1 100 Greatest Artists

Someone posted a video of them here playing snl. Either they were stoned or they just didn't care. It wasn't music and had the entertainment value of a casebook of agency law

Someone posted a video of them here playing snl. Either they were stoned or they just didn't care. It wasn't music and had the entertainment value of a casebook of agency law

im not saying they suck.....but awards are only a part of greatness.....accomplishment and influence are a big part of being called the GREATEST....and no 29 is just a somewhat kinda high for Radiohead......

Radiohead's Grammy accomplishments:

1998 -- OK Computer -- Best Alternative Music Album -- won
1998 -- OK Computer -- Album of the Year -- nominated
1999 -- Airbag -- Best Alternative Music Album -- nominated
2000 -- Meeting People is Easy -- Best Music Video Long Form -- nominated
2001 -- Kid A -- Best Alternative Music Album -- won
2001 -- Kid A -- Album of the Year -- nominated
2002 -- Amnesiac -- Best Alternative Music Album -- nominated
2004 -- There There -- Best Rock Vocal Performance -- nominated
2004 -- Hail to the Thief -- Best Alternative Music Album -- nominated
2009 -- House of Cards -- Best Rock Vocal Performance -- nominated
2009 -- House of Cards -- Best Rock Song -- nominated
2009 -- House of Cards -- Best Short Form Music Video -- nominated
2009 -- In Rainbows -- Best Alternative Music Album -- won
2009 -- In Rainbows -- Album of the Year -- nominated
2012 -- Lotus Flower -- Best Rock Performance -- nominated
2012 -- Lotus Flower -- Best Rock Song -- nominated
2012 -- Lotus Flower -- Best Short Form Music Video -- nominated
2012 -- The King of Limbs -- Best Alternative Music Album -- nominated

List of awards and nominations received by Radiohead - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
so fucking what?......they received some awards.....so have the Jonas Brothers.....your going to tell me that they are greater in terms of accomplishment and influence than Black Sabbath,Fleetwood Mac,Aerosmith,Rush,the Kinks,Van Halen,Metallica,Ramones,Cream,the Doors,Judas Priest,the Band and others on this list that they are ahead of?......Greatest means accomplishment and influence and success over the years..... not just because you won a few awards......do you realize how many awards Fleetwood Mac for instance has won over the years?.....if you wanna go by awards,Radiohead would not even be on this list compared to most of the ones on here.....if Radio head was in the bottom 25 we would not be having this discussion....

You may not realize this, but Radiohead have influenced a shitload of bands. Their two albums 'The Bends' and 'OK Computer' in particular have ranked among the top rock albums of all time by critics and fans alike. Maybe you don't like them, but their influence is undeniable.

Radiohead's Grammy accomplishments:

1998 -- OK Computer -- Best Alternative Music Album -- won
1998 -- OK Computer -- Album of the Year -- nominated
1999 -- Airbag -- Best Alternative Music Album -- nominated
2000 -- Meeting People is Easy -- Best Music Video Long Form -- nominated
2001 -- Kid A -- Best Alternative Music Album -- won
2001 -- Kid A -- Album of the Year -- nominated
2002 -- Amnesiac -- Best Alternative Music Album -- nominated
2004 -- There There -- Best Rock Vocal Performance -- nominated
2004 -- Hail to the Thief -- Best Alternative Music Album -- nominated
2009 -- House of Cards -- Best Rock Vocal Performance -- nominated
2009 -- House of Cards -- Best Rock Song -- nominated
2009 -- House of Cards -- Best Short Form Music Video -- nominated
2009 -- In Rainbows -- Best Alternative Music Album -- won
2009 -- In Rainbows -- Album of the Year -- nominated
2012 -- Lotus Flower -- Best Rock Performance -- nominated
2012 -- Lotus Flower -- Best Rock Song -- nominated
2012 -- Lotus Flower -- Best Short Form Music Video -- nominated
2012 -- The King of Limbs -- Best Alternative Music Album -- nominated

List of awards and nominations received by Radiohead - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
so fucking what?......they received some awards.....so have the Jonas Brothers.....your going to tell me that they are greater in terms of accomplishment and influence than Black Sabbath,Fleetwood Mac,Aerosmith,Rush,the Kinks,Van Halen,Metallica,Ramones,Cream,the Doors,Judas Priest,the Band and others on this list that they are ahead of?......Greatest means accomplishment and influence and success over the years..... not just because you won a few awards......do you realize how many awards Fleetwood Mac for instance has won over the years?.....if you wanna go by awards,Radiohead would not even be on this list compared to most of the ones on here.....if Radio head was in the bottom 25 we would not be having this discussion....

You may not realize this, but Radiohead have influenced a shitload of bands. Their two albums 'The Bends' and 'OK Computer' in particular have ranked among the top rock albums of all time by critics and fans alike. Maybe you don't like them, but their influence is undeniable.
you may not realize this but i bet Cream has influenced a hell of a lot more people then Radiohead.....probably even Radiohead themselves....and i dont dislike Radiohead.....

you may not realize this but i bet Cream has influenced a hell of a lot more people then Radiohead.....probably even Radiohead themselves....and i dont dislike Radiohead.....

Maybe so, but that is neither here nor there. Rock critics adore Radiohead for those two albums. That is why they are on the list. If we want to get technical, the Pixies should be on the list, because the Pixies were a huge influence on Radiohead and Nirvana and the whole "alternative" scene. I don't understand how Madonna and Prince beat Pink Floyd :dunno: It's just some critics' list. It carries as much weight as the Grammys or the Emmys. And for the record, I like Cream. Blind Faith was great album, too.

Last edited:

Maybe so, but that is neither here nor there. Rock critics adore Radiohead for those two albums. That is why they are on the list. If we want to get technical, the Pixies should be on the list, because the Pixies were a huge influence on Radiohead and Nirvana and the whole "alternative" scene. I don't understand how Madonna and Prince beat Pink Floyd :dunno: It's just some critics' list. It carries as much weight as the Grammys or the Emmys. And for the record, I like Cream. Blind Faith was great album, too.

Jose i dont care for lists.....VH1 has had some pretty bad ones....its just a group of peoples opinion anyway....i just think they pass out the Word "Greatest" to many bands that are not there yet.....they will be but not yet.....its just like the ridiculous Rock Hall of Fame.....some rocker from the 80's,i dont remember who....said.... "dont it seem kind of strange that all the bands in here from this Era (the 80's) have all claimed Deep Purple as a MAJOR influence on them....but yet those guys have not even been nominated for induction?"......i mean is he right or wrong?....

I pulled this off a blog. Critique away. :redface:

VH1 100 Greatest Artists Of All Time

100 Alicia Keys
99 Hall & Oates
98 Depeche Mode
97 Pretenders
96 Journey
95 OutKast
94 Mariah Carey
93 Pearl Jam
92 LL Cool J
91 Green Day
90 Elvis Costello
89 Beastie Boys
88 Bee Gees
87 George Michael
86 N.W.A.
85 The Band
84 Curtis Mayfield
83 Earth, Wind and Fire
82 Steely Dan
81 ABBA
80 Mary J. Blige
79 Eminem
78 Judas Priest
77 Lynyrd Skynyrd
76 Run-D.M.C.
75 Rush
74 The Cure
73 Van Morrison
72 Janis Joplin
71 R.E.M.
70 Def Leppard
69 Tupac Shakur
68 Otis Redding
67 Coldplay
66 Justin Timberlake
65 The Doors
64 Talking Heads
63 Notorious B.I.G.
62 Genesis
61 Cream
60 Whitney Houston
59 Tom Petty & The Heartbreakers
58 Cheap Trick
57 Iggy & The Stooges
56 KISS
55 Peter Gabriel
54 Public Enemy
53 Little Richard
52 Beyoncé
51 Billy Joel
50 Sade
49 Parliament-Funkadelic
48 Rage Against The Machine
47 Jay-Z
46 Ramones
45 Al Green
44 Joni Mitchell
43 Ray Charles
42 Metallica
41 Van Halen
40 The Police
39 The Kinks
38 Sly & The Family Stone
37 Fleetwood Mac
36 Paul McCartney
35 Johnny Cash
34 Tina Turner
33 Guns N’ Roses
32 Black Sabbath
31 John Lennon
30 Aerosmith
29 Radiohead
28 Elton John
27 Aretha Franklin
26 Neil Young
25 Chuck Berry
24 The Velvet Underground
23 AC/DC
22 The Clash
21 Bruce Springsteen
20 Marvin Gaye
19 U2
18 Pink Floyd
17 Queen
16 Madonna
15 The Beach Boys
14 Nirvana
13 The Who
12 David Bowie
11 Bob Marley
10 Stevie Wonder
09 James Brown
08 Elvis Presley
07 Prince
06 Jimi Hendrix
05 Bob Dylan
04 Rolling Stones
03 Led Zeppelin
02 Michael Jackson
01 The Beatles

I imagine a cage full of monkeys could randomly put together a list that made more sense than this one...

Last edited:

Jose i dont care for lists.....VH1 has had some pretty bad ones....its just a group of peoples opinion anyway....i just think they pass out the Word "Greatest" to many bands that are not there yet.....they will be but not yet.....its just like the ridiculous Rock Hall of Fame.....some rocker from the 80's,i dont remember who....said.... "dont it seem kind of strange that all the bands in here from this Era (the 80's) have all claimed Deep Purple as a MAJOR influence on them....but yet those guys have not even been nominated for induction?"......i mean is he right or wrong?....

I agree completely that the term "greatest" is used all too often. I also agree with your opinion on the Rock Hall of Fame - it is a joke. I'm not going to look it up; but I remember seeing a list of bands who haven't made it into their precious club - let's just say that whoever makes the decisions over their should be ashamed. So many good bands have been passed over year after year. All of these lists really are just somebody's opinion. I listen to a lot of bands from different eras. A good amount of them are "left of the dial" bands that will never crack one of these lists; and I couldn't care less.

I agree completely that the term "greatest" is used all too often. I also agree with your opinion on the Rock Hall of Fame - it is a joke. I'm not going to look it up; but I remember seeing a list of bands who haven't made it into their precious club - let's just say that whoever makes the decisions over their should be ashamed. So many good bands have been passed over year after year. All of these lists really are just somebody's opinion. I listen to a lot of bands from different eras. A good amount of them are "left of the dial" bands that will never crack one of these lists; and I couldn't care less.

you mean this list.......
List of the Biggest Rock and Roll Hall of Fame Snubs | Future Rock Legends

If you ever listened to MJ sing "Ben" (about a boy and his rat) - you haven't lived.........................

Should reverse places with Elvis

I pulled this off a blog. Critique away. :redface:

VH1 100 Greatest Artists Of All Time

100 Alicia Keys
99 Hall & Oates
98 Depeche Mode
97 Pretenders
96 Journey
95 OutKast
94 Mariah Carey
93 Pearl Jam
92 LL Cool J
91 Green Day
90 Elvis Costello
89 Beastie Boys
88 Bee Gees
87 George Michael
86 N.W.A.
85 The Band
84 Curtis Mayfield
83 Earth, Wind and Fire
82 Steely Dan
81 ABBA
80 Mary J. Blige
79 Eminem
78 Judas Priest
77 Lynyrd Skynyrd
76 Run-D.M.C.
75 Rush
74 The Cure
73 Van Morrison
72 Janis Joplin
71 R.E.M.
70 Def Leppard
69 Tupac Shakur
68 Otis Redding
67 Coldplay
66 Justin Timberlake
65 The Doors
64 Talking Heads
63 Notorious B.I.G.
62 Genesis
61 Cream
60 Whitney Houston
59 Tom Petty & The Heartbreakers
58 Cheap Trick
57 Iggy & The Stooges
56 KISS
55 Peter Gabriel
54 Public Enemy
53 Little Richard
52 Beyoncé
51 Billy Joel
50 Sade
49 Parliament-Funkadelic
48 Rage Against The Machine
47 Jay-Z
46 Ramones
45 Al Green
44 Joni Mitchell
43 Ray Charles
42 Metallica
41 Van Halen
40 The Police
39 The Kinks
38 Sly & The Family Stone
37 Fleetwood Mac
36 Paul McCartney
35 Johnny Cash
34 Tina Turner
33 Guns N’ Roses
32 Black Sabbath
31 John Lennon
30 Aerosmith
29 Radiohead
28 Elton John
27 Aretha Franklin
26 Neil Young
25 Chuck Berry
24 The Velvet Underground
23 AC/DC
22 The Clash
21 Bruce Springsteen
20 Marvin Gaye
19 U2
18 Pink Floyd
17 Queen
16 Madonna15 The Beach Boys
14 Nirvana13 The Who
12 David Bowie
11 Bob Marley
10 Stevie Wonder
09 James Brown
08 Elvis Presley
07 Prince06 Jimi Hendrix
05 Bob Dylan
04 Rolling Stones
03 Led Zeppelin
02 Michael Jackson
01 The Beatles

Maddonna, Pince and Nirvana ahead of Pink Floyd??? :cuckoo:

We're #1 - like there was any doubt .....................

lol... like this is some kind of football game or sumpin'...?

gotta think Lennon is lolling, while George looks on, sitting on a cloud and eating popcorn with Zappa...

Lennon was into American football.

Had a famous interview with Howard Cosell on Monday Night Football.

John Lennon was totally Americanized.

Relocated to NYC etc.......................................

We're NUMBER ONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

not freaking close......................................................................

I luv it when Ringo is smiling and playing the drums in A Hard Days Night..........................................

New Topics

Forum List

Back