Saviour Babies

DaGoose

Gold Member
Nov 16, 2010
Illinois
Who would oppose this?

Doctors in France on Monday announced the country's first birth of a "saviour sibling," selected at the embryonic stage to be a close genetic match to save a brother or sister suffering from a fatal inherited disorder.

The issue has been hedged with moral concerns about so-called designer babies and the morality of conceiving life to help a child with a genetic disorder.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/afp/20110207/hl_afp/francehealthbabyreproduction

Anyone who understands human nature and the natural concerns that playing God like that is going to do to our society.

Who would oppose this?

Doctors in France on Monday announced the country's first birth of a "saviour sibling," selected at the embryonic stage to be a close genetic match to save a brother or sister suffering from a fatal inherited disorder.

The issue has been hedged with moral concerns about so-called designer babies and the morality of conceiving life to help a child with a genetic disorder.

France sees first 'saviour sibling' - Yahoo! News

I have NO problem with this at all. I hope the umbilical stem cells that this baby will produce will help its brother and sister.

I doubt many people care about cord blood. The real issue comes up in cases where a sibling is born to donate an organ.

Personally, I think it's barbaric. The sibling being used as just a farming agent for body parts...that's just....wrong.

Forum List

Back