Savings

So as Im following it Im going to get my 8 percent back 30 years down the road? That sounds like a horrible investment.

well say I guarentee you 7% per year which comes out to say 40.00 per year worked each month which I will give you after you retire with 30 years working.

That would be 1200 per month for the rest of your life.

After 15 years I say to you that you can still get that 1200.00 but I am going to have to have you give me 16% instead of 8% from now on. But you say we had an agreement in writing, we both signed the agreement. You need to keep it the same you say and I look you in the eye, well I screwed up and I want to change it. besides I think it's a good deal for you.
Am I headed for jail yet?

7% ???

I think I should be investing YOUR money.

Thanks anyway though, and best of luck!

I would take that for sure... too good to be true. Someone can go to jail. I dont care. If that person has been ripping someone else off to cover what im promised I guess thats what needs to be done.

Here lies the problem, the workers of these state allowed part of "their wage" to be witheld by the govt to pay for a guarenteed pension, which both parties agreed to.
The cost to the state hasn't changed, the only thing that has changed is that they don't want to pay what they agreed too.
Now they are saying that to get what we promised you we want you to give us more money because we are short of money due to the destruction on wallstreet that has caused our country to go into a decline.
We didn't put the money away that we should have and used it for other reasons, so we are hurting, so we are asking for your help. And by the way we also are going to be taking most of the rights you now have and restricting many others.

The truth is what should be done is pay your bills. If you buy something as a state then pay for it, if that means raising taxes SO BE IT.

Do you think anyone here would argue that politicians should not go to jail. Whoever made that agreement, sure send them to jail. Ill gladly kick in an extra 8 percent to continue to get the other 84 percent covered. Beats losing everything. Still a hell of a deal for the job Im doing. Im smart enough to realize this.

If I came to you and told you that if you give me 8% of your income and based on how many years you do this I will promise you a set amount of return. Then 10 or 20 years into this agreement I come back and say well things haven't worked out well and I did a poor job of what I was trying to do and if you want what i promised, your going to have to double what you were giving me.

Why would I give you any of my savings or trust you to return it later? That's the stupidest thing I've ever heard. Id much rather keep my money and not have to deal with you at all in the process.

The only way id let you have any of my money is if i were making an investment and Id have to have some serious details on the investment before I'd invest with you. Especially considering your writing abilities. I tend not to want to invest my money with people who don't communicate effectively.

I would cut my losses and probably stop investing my money with people I meet on internet message boards.

I would cut my losses as well. I wouldnt get violent over it or storm buildings or form mobs. It's just money. And considering its money I never really saw, it wouldnt be difficult to act as if I never had it.

So as Im following it Im going to get my 8 percent back 30 years down the road? That sounds like a horrible investment.

Same to me. But then That's why I dont invest with the government.

Horrible investment. If you're going to tie up my money for 30 years, you're missing a couple of zeros at least on that 7% return.

How do they provide a 7% return?

Why would i give my money to someone else to have them give it back to me. It makes no sense. If im going to work for money i want my money now. I can pay off my bills.

Same to me. But then That's why I dont invest with the government.

Horrible investment. If you're going to tie up my money for 30 years, you're missing a couple of zeros at least on that 7% return.

Why would i give my money to someone else to have them give it back to me. It makes no sense. If im going to work for money i want my money now. I can pay off my bills.

If you have 7% to sock away every month, go buy silver and forget it.

Lately, if you held it a month you'd make more than 7%.

The scenario Iowa 10000 is proposing is for people who don't have much money to begin with. That being the case, their return doesn't really matter. It isn't going to be enough anyway, and you're exactly right.....they'd be far better off just paying off their bills.

If you have 7% to sock away every month, go buy silver and forget it.

Lately, if you held it a month you'd make more than 7%.

The scenario Iowa 10000 is proposing is for people who don't have much money to begin with. That being the case, their return doesn't really matter. It isn't going to be enough anyway, and you're exactly right.....they'd be far better off just paying off their bills.
LOL, he's not.

He is trying to tie it into Wisconsin union protesters being right , and i the Gov should go to jail.

Forum List

Back